Start by marking “Love Her to Death (Daytime Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love Her to Death (Daytime Mystery, #2)

Love Her to Death (Daytime Mystery #2)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  183 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Soap writer Morgan Tyler has a new title--co-executive producer--and a new responsibility: take care of everything. When an actress on the show is murdered, Morgan better find out who's behind the bloodshed before someone else is written out of the picture.
Published May 3rd 2005 by Berkley (first published May 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Love Her to Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Her to Death

Barb
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Following the success of Linda Palmer’s first book in the series, Love Is Murder, listeners are treated to the return of Morgan Tyler, feisty head writer for the TV soap opera Love of My Life. Her imagination is always at work, churning out the scenes that fill many a fan’s daytime with drama. But when fiction becomes stranger—and more deadly—than art, Morgan is forced to rely on her ingenuity to save herself from “early cancellation.”
Now Morgan Tyler has a new title, co-executive producer, and
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fast, fun cozy mystery read!
Carolynne
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, mystery
I enjoyed the first book in this series so much, I wanted to read this as well. The actor reading this audiobook is TERRIBLE. She has about three voice qualities and uses one of them for each of the characters. Every character asks questions in the same annoying manner: dropping and then raising the tone of the voice; annoying and strange. However, the way the author weaves humor into this otherwise mediocre book makes it worth the trouble of finishing.

There is a lot that is unrealistic in this
Dharia Scarab
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it

4 sta
Diane
Feb 22, 2014 rated it liked it
This fun read was exactly what I thought it would be. Nothing too serious, little tributes to daytime dramas (soaps for most of the world) and surprisingly little tips of the hat to other mystery writers. Engaging characters and requisite romantic possibilities add to the fun. My biggest gripe was the car chase scene--and the airbags staying inflated after the crash. Was I expecting realism? Truthfully, no--but this little detail knocked the entire story down a peg for me. I'd read more of this ...more
Kaye
Jan 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Morgan Taylor is a head writer and a producer of a daytime soap opera. When an actress on her show end up dead she wants to help catch the killer especially when the case goes cold for the police. I like how the book focuses on her working and taking care of her show yet you still see the progress of the mystery. I might have given it a 3.5 but I rounded up because it isn't graphic and was quick and easy. (Although again I had the killer pegged very early.)
Michele
Jul 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
I think was cute, but a bit more dragging-on than the first one. It was easy to guess who the murderer was, and that left me feeling a bit bored with the rest of the story. The characters were a bit boring in this one, and it was so cliche to have everyone join happily together for dinner, all paired off and neat. I hope the last two in the series are better.
Heather
Jun 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Morgan Tyler is a soap opera script writer for "Love of My Life." Her own life feels like a soap opera...love triangles (and squares!), murder mysteries, and death threats seem to follow her. When an actress is killed, Morgan is thrown into a series of discoveries that could change the show--or end her life. Fun, light reading...enjoyable characters!
Nicole
May 15, 2011 rated it liked it
I'm really liking these Daytime Drama murder mysteries. Fun characters, lots of inside info on how daytime dramas are run and a quick and easy read. I got the first two of these from my friend Kelly, I'm hoping there are more in the series.
Heidi (Yup. Still here.)
I really really liked this mystery. It was different then the other cozies I read, but that is what made me like it even more. A mystery set in the world of soap operas just sounds good and it was! I def. need to go back and read book one now.
Miss Mouse
May 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
A fun quick read. I love reading about Morgan's QVC purchases!
Ali
Jun 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Missing 'All My Children' and finding this a fun read.
Lois
Apr 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Good second book in the series.
Nicole Barker halladay
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sheila
Dec 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Drama surrounding the executives surrounding a soap opera. Basically a soap opera within a soap opera. Murders are involved.
Marinda
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book wasn't nearly as well done as the first in the series.
Mary
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read that kept me interested throughout.
Bryony Jensen
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book
Listened to the audio book version which is well read. I really enjoy this series. I have read them all before and loved them all. The only downside is there is only 4 in the series!!!!
Trudy
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Death comes to the soap opera (er, make that Daytime Drama) set in Linda Palmer's Love Her to Death. The audio edition of this fast-paced mystery was quite entertaining.
Leigh
Jan 17, 2010 added it
Shelves: mystery
Love Her to Death (Daytime Mysteries) by Linda Palmer (2005)
Susan
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Ok. Some swearing.
Margaret
May 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-books
Listened to the audio book.
Nancy Kennedy
Dec 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Listened to this one in the car. Continuation of the soap opera writer/mystery solver series. Fun and entertaining.
Tara
Mar 29, 2012 rated it liked it
While I like the main character in this series, I am not sure if I will continue this series.
Helen Taylor
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: Love Her to Death 1 3 Feb 28, 2013 08:21PM
  • November Hunt
  • Deadly Recall
  • Chihuahua Confidential (Barking Detective #2)
  • Murder on Ice (A Figure Skating Mystery #1)
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
  • Blue Blood (Debutante Dropout, #1)
  • Duplicity Dogged the Dachshund (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery, #2)
  • Seneca Falls Inheritance (Glynis Tryon, #1)
  • Living the Vida Lola (Lola Cruz Mystery, #1)
  • Steamed (A Gourmet Girl Mystery, #1)
  • Skating Around the Law (Rebecca Robbins, #1)
  • Heaven Is High (Barbara Holloway #12)
  • Shooting Gallery (An Art Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • Brush With Death (An Art Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Anchors Aweigh (Calamity Jayne, #6)
  • The Dangerous Edge of Things
  • Tapped Out (Jenny T. Partridge, #2)
  • Thread Reckoning (An Embroidery Mystery, #3)

Daytime Mystery (4 books)
  • Love is Murder (Daytime Mystery, #1)
  • Love You Madly (Daytime Mystery, #3)
  • Kiss of Death (Daytime Mystery, #4)