Start by marking “Millions of Snowflakes” as Want to Read:
Millions of Snowflakes

Millions of Snowflakes

"One little snowflake falls on my nose. It makes me shiver from my head to my toes." A little girl plays outside on a cold winter day, counting each snowflake as it falls softly to the ground. Bundled in her warmest snowsuit, she savors the snow, tasting each flake as it falls on her tongue, and makes snow angels. Simple rhyming text captures the joy of a winter afternoon ...more
Published September 21st 1998 by Clarion Books (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Millions of Snowflakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Millions of Snowflakes

Start your review of Millions of Snowflakes
Miss Pippi the Librarian
*This book is a not counting to a million. There is one phrase at the end the references a million snowflakes.*

A little one is exploring snowflakes and counts to five. This paired well with snowflakes on the flannel board.

2020 storytime theme: snowflakes

Reviewed from a library copy.
Alison
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a gentle book! Gorgeous, soft illustrations. Works really well with preschoolers and toddlers in a circle time.
Desiree
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Cute book for young children. Nice illustrations.
Library Lady Terri
Perfect book for a toddler story time about snow.
Simple counting concepts repeated throughout the book.
Laurie
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Chryssi
This is a great book to read aloud to younger children (babies and toddlers) because there are not many words on each page. It covers the concept of counting and exposes children to the early literacy skill of phonological awareness through rhyming. This short book effectively expresses the experience of the joy children find in the simplest things, such as snow falling in wintertime. It has wonderful illustrations and a nice flow with the numbers and rhyming. This is a delight to read as the se ...more
RC
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: winter
This sweet, winter counting book is a perfect companion to a snowy day. With gentle illustrations and simple words, this is a great book to share with an child or early reader. The muted colors and short prose all echo the quiet scene that the book lays out. It is a simple, sweet story-perfect for a snowy day.
June
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: winter requests for the little ones
A really sweet counting, winter story. Unfortunately, it didn't arrive in time for my lap time this year, so I didn't get to use it. 1/24/13

I love this and the one little toddler that came out for lap time on our coldest day did too. 1/7/14

Went over very well in my toddler snow program. 1/27/14

Used again for my Lap Time program and it was my favorite and went over well. Maybe 4.5
Meghan Hunt
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jp-picture-books
This is a cute counting book of snowflakes falling one by one until there is five. I love that there is an action after each one. The book is quite small, but I hope to use it for a smaller group during a storytime on snow. I like the fact that I can get the audience to join in on the actions along with the story. It can be very interactive.
Sherry Thornberry
This book about snowflakes has wonderful; illustrations and captures the true feeling of being in a gentle snow. The pictures make it easy to decipher the text. This book also demonstrates counting to five.

Video reading at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8TJK...
Meg McGregor
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Nevada we don't often have snow.

I would wish that Meimei, and all the little girls and boy who live here in Vegas, could experience the pure joy and wonder of a snowfall the way this little girl and her faithful dog do!
Kim Bogren Owen
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This almost wordless counting book is perfect for the youngest child and celebrates the delight children feel when playing in the snow. Enjoy before you revel in your own snowy play with your child!
Liz Todd
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet, simple, quiet
Sherry
Feb 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: infant, toddler, easy reader
Fun and sweet beginning reader!
Eric
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
Another great read aloud,adapted into braille for the blind.
Kit
Dec 05, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: winter
Cute counting book.
Meg McGregor
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
In Nevada we don't often have snow but I would wish that everyone could experience the pure joy and wonder of a snowfall the way this little girl and her faithful dog do!
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Adorable counting picture book. The rhyming is perfect. :)
Polly
A cute winter story for storytime. We used it all the time when I was doing team-storytime for giant groups in Washington.
Jami
Jun 08, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bedtime-stories
The shortest bedtime story I've ever read. My daughters and I just looked at each other when it ended. "Read it again." she said. It was two minutes well spent overall I'd say.
Colleen
Dec 16, 2010 added it
Shelves: kindergarten
Hello, Sunshine! unit 5
More Read Alouds
Crystal
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was perfect with the pre-k class. They were able to anticipate some of the rhyming words and help count the snowflakes.
Sydney McClure
This is a good book for younger grades. It helps with counting and seasons. Inferencing can be taught as well, which I saw in my kindergarten classroom today.
Aaliyah
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We really loved this book! Very fun!
Brandi
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
A rhyming, counting picture book about winter and snow with lovely illustrations.
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
My son thinks the kid in the illustrations is him. Too cute.
Morgan Boyle

• I Love You More Than the Smell of Swamp Gas
  • Eek! Halloween!
  • Little Dinos Don't Hit
  • Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA
  • Snowflakes (All about Winter)
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
  • A Feel Better Book for Little Tears