Start by marking “Aphrodite the Beauty (Goddess Girls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Aphrodite the Beauty (Goddess Girls, #3)

Aphrodite the Beauty

(Goddess Girls #3)

Well-researched and true to the original myths, each volume in the Goddess Girls series addresses contemporary issues like friendships and relationships from a classically accurate—and entertaining—persepective.

In Aphrodite the Beauty, Aphrodite, goddessgirl of love, must deal with jealousy after giving Athena a makeover. It doesn’t seem fair that the godboys pay more atte

Published August 3rd 2010 by Aladdin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Aphrodite the Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aphrodite the Beauty

Start your review of Aphrodite the Beauty (Goddess Girls, #3)
MissBecka
This was probably my least favourite in the series so far.
Looking forward to the next one that focuses on Artemis.
Angelc
Nov 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: already-own-read
I love reading about the Greek myths and the tales in this series are perfectly told for young readers to learn how fun and exciting the myths are. Each of the characters are lovingly crafted as a young, modern version of the classic figure. The modern twist is there, even while being fully contained on Mount Olympus. The books teach the ancient stories and also teach valuable life lessons to young girls.

After reading the first three books in the series, "Aphrodite the Beauty" was possibly my fa
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
when Aphrodite gives Athena a makeover and the godboys are obsessed with Athena.Aphrodite used to be the one everybody was obsessed with and Athena is getting tired of the godboys flirting at her .
Esti
Dec 19, 2011 rated it liked it
In this third book in the Goddess Girls series, Aphrodite, goddessgirl of love and beauty, learns that she can't take either one of those specialties for granted. After giving her friend Athena a makeover, Aphrodite finds the godboys overlooking her for her friend, and feels jealousy for the first time, when her handsome crush, Ares, includes himself in their number. The only godboy who is still paying attention to her is Hephaestus, who is sweet but just not her type. In the meantime, the morta ...more
Alex
Aphrodite is used to godboys looking at her and trying to impress her, and though she finds it a bit a annoying on occasion, she isn't prepared for the feelings of jealousy that assault her once she gives her friend Athena a makeover.

Suddenly, all of her male-fans are hanging around Athena, leaving Aphrodite feeling a bit ignored. There is only one guy still trying to get her attenton: Hephaestus. Is not that Hephaestus is not nice or anything - because he is nice, and he's makes the most beauti
Sarah BT
Oct 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
GreenBeanTeenQueen Says: Since Percy Jackson hit the big time, I've been combing my library for fun humorous takes on Greek mythology. I'm a big fan of the new Goddess Girls series! These books are perfect for young tweens and early readers wanting some books about Greek mythology but maybe aren't quite ready for the Percy Jackson series yet. Or even if they are older readers looking for more to read, I'm sure they'll enjoy the Goddess Girls.

Each book is fairly short and has plenty of humor. I l
Joan Holub
Jul 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-work
Aphrodite, the goddessgirl of love, can hardly believe she's jealous! But after giving her bf, Athena, a makeover, she's definitely feeling a little green. It just doesn't seem fair that the godboys who usually fawn over Aphrodite, are now paying more attention to Athena, who doesn't even care. When Aphrodite finds out the nerdy Hephaestus has a crush on her, she learns that love comes in many forms.

Goddess Girls series, ages 8-12, Aladdin paperbacks:

#1 Athena the Brain
#2 Persephone the Phony
#3
Irene Palfy
Until now the absoluety worst of the series.. Maybe I think so because I am not that much into this girly stuff of make up, dresses etc in a book.. But that is just me..

Besides I have fun reading this silly little series about the greek goddesses attending highschool..
DivyaRani
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice ....!!!
Book is about friendship, jealous,crush,love.
I personally likes Aphrodite thinking about her friend Athena. Every teenager will thinks like her.
I loved it for the friendship plot.
It's more about teenage emotions.
Aug 16, 2010 rated it liked it
"True, things hadn't worked out so well between Paris and Helen-that pesky Trojan War and all-but at least she tried to set them up."

Like its predecessors, this book is just plain fun.
Daisy
This was my second time reading this book and I must say it wasn't as good as I remembered it. The first time I read it in one sitting and have since considered it one of my favourites in this series. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, but I didn't find it nearly as engaging or heart-warming as I had expected to. I found the storyline with Athena to be not terrible, but not all that interesting. Ares's storyline did have a clever twist but looking at it now, having read the next eleven books in th ...more
Marie
Aug 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010-release, series, own
Ah, Aphrodite!

Aphrodite is sick of the attention from all the godboys and worries about her good friend Athena. So, she decides to give Athena a make over! It all works out until Aphrodite's crush Ares starts paying more attention to Athena than to Aphrodite.

I squealed when I found out that Ares was in this book, I'm a fan of Ares and I'm an Aries... probably why lol. But I wasn't too happy with his character! He was such a big meanie! Aphrodite was such a girly girl, which probably is obvious s
Alisha
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
These books are still more enjoyable than they have any right to be. This one stars Aphrodite, goddess of love. Aphrodite has a crush on Ares but it seems as if Ares likes Athena. Meanwhile, Aphrodite has been getting gifts from shy Hephaestus. She's also received a request from the mortal Hippomenes to help him win a race against Atalanta. If he wins, they can be married. If he fails, he'll die.

Once again, I thought the book was pretty enjoyable. I liked all of the characters and the plot was
Crystal Smith
Jun 05, 2011 rated it did not like it
As much as I love the idea of focusing on the goddesses in Greek mythology, this series reduces them all--male and female--to teenage stereotypes. Stereotypes of the vain beauty are understandable in Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty. But Athena, as the brainy one, is described as frumpy. The desirable boys are all muscular, while the sweet "loser" (Hephaestus) is described as skinny and scrawny. Some of this stereotyping could be forgiven if the characters in question actually did anyth ...more
Nicole Ramundo
Apr 01, 2015 rated it liked it
This book is sweet. It tells a heart-warming love story. 2 handsome, brave and kind men fall in love with the Goddess Aphrodite. Who will she choose? It's for the readers who read this book to know, and the people who didn't read this book to find out.
Isla
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was SOOO interested in this!!! I loved it!!! I love mythology, especially greek, and this book made me love it even more 😁😁

Got it from my local library💕
Maria Mejia
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series is making me so happy. I love the little lessons and the different takes on the gods and goddesses
Tiffany Spencer
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Aphrodite The Beauty (Goddess Girls)
PLOT: Isn't it ironic that the Goddess Girl of Love (Aphrodite) can't get the boy she's crushing on to so much look in her direction after a makeover she gives a friend (Athena)? Now Athena is the new "IT GIRL" of Mount Olympus High, and one of the Goddess of Love's many flattering color's doesn't appear to be green. Particularly when one of the many God boys eyes she catches is Ares. Despite the attention of an admirer of her own (Hephaestus) and also the lov
Verena
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: myths
Actually, one of the weakest story plots. In backsight, it's not the worst book, but not a book I remember or have reread. The story was of course, like Aphrodite, sugary pink. Aphrodite offers a makeover for Athena, Athena gets suddenly all the attention, and Aphrodite isn't soooo amused about that. From mythology, we get hints of the story of Atalanta and Hippomenes. It's quite rushed here (Atalanta will return in Medea the enchantress!). Yet, I love Hephaistos, the lame god of smiths and work ...more
Chen Wing Hei Micheline
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Aphrodite is the one and only goddessgirl of love. She couldn’t help it, she’s just born beautiful. She gives one of her friends, Athena (goddessgirl of wisdom, good grades & the daughter of Zeus) a fab makeover. Athena got most of the attention that Aphrodite usually got from everybody, especially from godboys & centaurs, since she’s downright gorgeous. Even the pretty girl in pink gets jealous sometime. When Aphrodite’s crush, Ares, ditches her for the now charming Athena, she spies on both o ...more
Gretchen
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I gave a couple of these books to my niece a few years back and have wanted to read them ever since. What a cute story, perfect for young girls. And as an added bonus, I get to learn a little bit about the greek gods and goddesses. I expect I'll be returning to Mount Olympus Academy on occasion for an hour of light entertainment.
girly books
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this as I kid and still like the stories. This really got me into reading. And love Greek stories. A lot of books got me into reading but I absolutely loved these. My mom would sometimes read them to me. And I would sometimes read them myself.
Daelyn
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Karavelle  Gregory
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I like the Goddess Girls as a series, but this was one of the weaker entries. While “learning a valuable lesson” is the heart of all the plots, it felt like re-establishing the status quo was all the growth Aphrodite obtained.
AwesomePerson
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!
SO COOL!
SO LIT!
Lavern
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have read three of this series. The books are really interesting and I love Greek mythology. Hope to read more soon
Lindsey
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romantic
Of all the books from this series this one was ok. I felt like they could have done a little better on the story, but I still love the goddess Aphrodite.
Christina Ramirez
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
People that enjoy Greek Myths should read this book, but if you them with violence than you would not find it in this book.
Myrtle
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Too lovey dovey for me but you might like it
Kátia Cristina
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love with the collection! Want to read them all. A relaxing and interesting way of getting to know the gods when they were younger. Extremely creative!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Book Discussions ...: Aphrodite the Beauty 1 3 Mar 12, 2013 03:46PM

• Beauty Queen (Whatever After, #7)
  • Once Upon a Frog (Whatever After #8)
  • If the Shoe Fits (Whatever After, #2)
  • Say Cheese, Medusa! (Myth-O-Mania, #3)
  • Nice Shot, Cupid! (Myth-O-Mania, #4)
  • Genie in a Bottle (Whatever After #9)
  • Phone Home, Persephone! (Myth-O-Mania, #2)
  • Cold As Ice (Whatever After #6)
  • Dragon Overnight (Upside-Down Magic, #4)
  • Abby in Wonderland (Whatever After Special Edition #1)
  • Have a Hot Time, Hades! (Myth-O-Mania, #1)
  • Sink or Swim (Whatever After, #3)
  • Bad Hair Day (Whatever After, #5)
  • Get to Work, Hercules! (Myth-O-Mania, #7)
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic, #2)
  • If the Magic Fits (100 Dresses, #1)
  • Get Lost, Odysseus! (Myth-O-Mania, #10)
  • A Wonderlandiful World (Ever After High, #3)
Children's book author:
HELLO DINOSAURS; MIGHTY DADS (a NY Times bestseller); LITTLE RED WRITING; the GODDESS GIRLS series (with Suzanne Williams); THIS LITTLE PRESIDENT, A Presidential Primer; THIS LITTLE TRAILBLAZER, A Girl Power Primer, ZERO THE HERO. Lucky to be doing what I love!

Goddess Girls (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Athena the Brain (Goddess Girls, #1)
  • Persephone the Phony (Goddess Girls, #2)
  • Artemis the Brave (Goddess Girls, #4)
  • Athena the Wise (Goddess Girls, #5)
  • Aphrodite the Diva (Goddess Girls, #6)
  • Artemis the Loyal (Goddess Girls, #7)
  • Medusa the Mean (Goddess Girls, #8)
  • Pandora the Curious (Goddess Girls, #9)
  • Pheme the Gossip (Goddess Girls, #10)
  • Persephone the Daring (Goddess Girls, #11)

News & Interviews