Start by marking “Azul el sombrero, verde el sombrero (Blue Hat, Green Hat)” as Want to Read:
Azul el sombrero, verde el sombrero (Blue Hat, Green Hat)

Azul el sombrero, verde el sombrero (Blue Hat, Green Hat)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  6,813 ratings  ·  238 reviews
Tonterías serias para todas las edades.
Board Book, 14 pages
Published September 1st 2003 by Libros Para Ninos (first published October 11th 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Azul el sombrero, verde el sombrero, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

midnightfaerie
Cute book but not our favorite Boynton. Typical adorable illustrations and my kids had fun guessing what the turkey would do next. Nice short book for babies or very beginner readers.
Karl
Once my kid was old enough to get the joke, he literally fell off the bed laughing.
Rhonda Paglia
My grandchildren and I LOVE this book! Silly turkey - he just doesn't understand the "proper"way to put on clothes. The kids loved it and the illustrations are simple, colorful, and fun! 5-stars!
Ellary
It's cute; I'll give it that. But something in me cannot help but be offended by the sheer stupidity of the Turkey character. As an avid learner of dressing oneself, I was unamused.
Stacy
It was amazing because it was the first book that my son laughed (his head off) at and was interested in.
Samantha Penrose
My kids just love the silliness of this book. On each page, an elephant, a moose, a bear, and a turkey put on an article of clothing (same item, different color). The turkey cant seem to get it right. My kids love the silly voice I use to say "oops" when the turkey goofs up.
This is a funny/silly way to teach about colors and clothes, and that we dont always get it right!
Lyn
The pictures were cute and I liked the concept, but this isn't my favorite from Boynton. I don't think there's a problem with the writing or flow of the book though. In the "oops" moment you'll want to stop talk about what's wrong about that picture.
Valerie
Aug 21, 2008 Valerie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Valerie by: Karanina
Shelves: for-the-boys
I actually think Karanina is the first person I read this book over and over to. It is a fantastic read aloud, short and goofy.
Tasha
My daughter ignored this book for the first year, but now at 14 months, she gets a kick out of it. It took me a few tries to get into the rhythm of it, and I found that placing my daughter on my knees and bouncing her up and down in time to the story helped me get over my self-consciousness. Now, we have a blast reading it.

We also enjoyed Boynton's GOING TO BED BOOK during the first year, and I like her book OPPOSITES, although my daughter has yet to show interest in that one.
Michael E.
This Boynton book was tonight's read for Quincy, the cutest baby in the whole wide world, who happens to be my beautiful granddaughter. I had not read this one before, as we somehow missed it when our own kids were small. I enjoyed it, but to be honest, Quin wasn't much into reading today, and wasn't paying attention that much. We'll try again later, and ask her opinion then.
Jazmine Shoup
Blue Hat, Green Hat is a great children's picture book, written and illustrated by Sandra Boynton. The book is a great pattern book for young children. The book shows the pattern of different animals wearing the same article of clothing in a different color, and then how the last animal in the sequence messes up the pattern and wears the article of clothing in the wrong way. It is a simple and silly book that teaches a great lesson to a young reader about patterns. The illustrations were great, ...more
Drew Graham
All the animals are trying on colorful clothing, but the poor, silly turkey just doesn't seem to get it.

For The Boy's first birthday my sister and her kids picked out a few of their favorite Sandra Boynton books to add to our board book library. This selection is already a top pick for us too, with its colors and animals and always funny through-joke and punchline. Oops!
Maggie KutsBorg
This was an awesome addition to iTots storytime. It was more like a game we all played together than a story that I read; all the kids knew it well enough to read it (whether they were reading the words or not!) and giggled uncontrollably at the adorable animations (we were reading the app version, of course). It was a lot of fun to do a baby-ish story with an older group. They were NOT bored by it at all!
Sarah Sammis
Harriet is a bit of a prop comedienne. Her favorite joke involves putting something unlikely on her head and asking innocently, "Hat?" So when she saw Blue Hat, Green Hat by Sandra Boynton at the library, she had to check it out.

With many of Boynton's books, there is an animal who just doesn't fit in. In the case of Blue Hat, Green Hat, that animal is a turkey. All the other animals can get themselves dressed but not the turkey. He tries but somehow things never seem to end up on him correctly.

B
Beckett
This is a funny book about clothing and colors. It features red, yellow, blue and green, with a little purple thrown in. I wish orange was featured since it's my current favorite color. The characters are familiar from other Boynton books and the end made me smile.
Danielle
My son loves.Sandra Boynton books!

My son loves.Sandra Boynton books!

easy to read. rhyming. cute silly illustrations, what's not to.love.
except that he wants it read again and again.
pajama time is also a favorite,
Josiana
Fun to read in Spanish! Particularly since I am teaching my son my native language. We also read it in Thai (my husband's native language). Fun, great way to teach other languages to our son as he knows the English version of the book by heart.
Matt Blair
One of the best from a great children's author. Now that my daughter's been learning to read, its fun and simple rhythm - which she practically knows by heart - is a great introduction to the way words and books work.
Natalie
My two year old loves this silly book. He laughs, and laughs at the turkey who can't get dressed the right way. I've been picking up Sandra Boynton books whenever I find them and so far there have been no duds.
Andrea Campbell
Blue Hat, Green Hat is a silly humorous story with easy language. It a book that kids love to read over and over again. It has many sight words in it and therefore would be great with Kindergarten and First grade classrooms!
Annalise
This is a great book to use to teach red, green, blue, and yellow along with were to place certain articles of clothing. The two year old I watch loves saying what is wrong when the turkey goes oops.
Troy
My toddler can read this book without my help. I used to read it but let her do the oops and I heard her reading by herself a few weeks ago. It engages thinking as to what is correct and what is wrong.
Adri
Sandra Boynton is a genius! Rhymes and pictures are adorable in every book. This is one of my favorite books. My kids were shouting "oops" with so much enthusiasm. What a fun read.
Candina
Anything by Sandra Boynton is a huge hit with my 19-month-old. He was so proud to carry this book home from the library. Now he says, "Oops! Oops!" every time he sees it!
Matthew
My son thinks it is great when we get to the pages with the oops in them. He now goes around saying oops when he makes a funny mistake on the clothes he wears.
Teresa
Three stars only because Juanito doesn't like this book as much as he likes others from Sandra Boynton, and that's the opinion that matters, right?
Amaia
C's favorite book and one of the best children's books I've read. We read it, at least, once a day. Can't recommend it enough.
Alice
3.5 Stars A silly, fun book about colors...add a confused turkey and you will find yourself giggling!
Pam
Sandra Boynton makes hilarious books, with only a few words, and many simple illustrations. I think she is a genius.
Angela D.
I read this book to my children when they were toddlers. All of her books have wonderful words and cadence.
  • Quiet Loud
  • Peek-a-Who?
  • Trucks Board Book
  • Llama Llama Nighty-Night
  • Gossie and Gertie
  • Where Is Baby's Belly Button?
  • Tumble Bumble
  • Everywhere Babies
  • Global Babies
  • Orange Pear Apple Bear
  • Ten Little Ladybugs
  • Watch Me Throw the Ball!
  • Hush Little Baby
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more
More about Sandra Boynton...
Moo, Baa, La La La! The Going-To-Bed Book Barnyard Dance But Not the Hippopotamus Pajama Time!