Start by marking “Night Falls Like Silk” as Want to Read:
Night Falls Like Silk

Night Falls Like Silk

(Night #2)

Finally achieving career success, Thomas Brown Wolf is unable to forget his brother in the criminal underworld and begins a relationship with art dealer Cassandra Findley, which is overshadowed by a series of thefts that triggers a dangerous search.
Published March 1st 2005 by HarperTorch (first published January 28th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Night Falls Like Silk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Falls Like Silk

willaful
(This review contains minor spoilers for The Night Remembers. You don't have to have read it to follow Night Falls Like Silk, but it does add depth to the story.)

Fifteen years or so have passed since the courageous and imaginative Tommy T was adopted by Angela and Jesse Brown Wolf. Now the part black, part Lakota street kid has grown into Thomas Warrior -- a handsome, sophisticated man well able to hold his own with a wealthy, upper-class, white widow who's ten years older than him. But in some
Christa
Nov 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
This book was a good follow up to Eagle's The Night Remembers. I really liked Tommy T.'s character in that book, so it was great to read the story of him as an adult who is known as Thomas Warrior. I liked him in this book too, but was disappointed that he placed so much blame for his brother's life choices on his adopted father, Jesee Brown Wolf. Cassandra Westbrook was a great character, and I liked watching her relationship with Thomas develop. The storyline was interesting and kept my attent ...more
Wendy
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nov-12
"Night Falls Like Silk" is the captivating sequel to Kathleen Eagles's romantic suspense "The Night Remembers". This story takes place 15 years or so after street kid Tommy T was adopted by Angela and Jesse Brown Wolf.
Tommy T, now Thomas Warrior, has matured into a handsome and sophisticated man. He is an artist that creates graphic novels. At an art auction he meets Cassandra Westbrook, a widow and 10 years older than him. As they grow closer Tom agrees to mentor Aaron, Cassandra's troubled nep
Kimberly
Oct 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Review written for www.books-n-kisses.com

This is an interesting story but I was really confused for a lot of it. I was even more confused about the “elsewhere” sections (you have to read it to understand). The characters and the storyline keep your attention but something about it just didn’t work for me. I never felt the connection between Tom and Cassandra. This story was just so oddly written that it was hard to follow.
Disclaimer:
I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an
Gail
Nov 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Young man who grew up rough and was adopted as a teen is now an artist creating graphic novels. He agrees to mentor a young boy, gets involved with her aunt, has trouble with his adoptive family—and then the boy disappears and things get really complicated. A good read. Eagle always has such lovely evocative language.
Loralee Lillibridge
Riveting!

Once again, Kathleen Eagle has penned a deeply emotional story of an unconventional love affair, a family shattered by past events and the fierce loyalty of a young boy wise beyond his years. Truly a story that will touch all your emotions.
Mum
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having followed this series years ago, it was interesting to understand how people moved on with their lives, and how family is dynamic rather than static. The codependency issues were not addressed, especially back when this novel was written! It fit the escapism mode rather well.
Darlene Grant
Feb 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked this as much if not better than the 1st book of the series. I love these characters.
Diana
4 stars for the book which I read several years ago. I cannot recommend the audiobook. Narrator reads painfully slowly and over enunciates every syllable.
Gaile
Aug 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy all of Kathleen Eagle's books.
Barb
Jul 01, 2014
Cher
Mar 28, 2012
Kara Calysta
rated it did not like it
Dec 15, 2010
Jun 30, 2015
Sharon F. Knight
Jun 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kathleen Eagle published her first book, a Romance Writers of America Golden Heart Award winner, with Silhouette Books in 1984. Since then she has published more than 40 books, including historical and contemporary, series and single title, earning her nearly every award in the industry. Her books have consistently appeared on regional and national bestseller lists, including the USA Today list an ...more

Night (2 books)