Start by marking “Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy” as Want to Read:
Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy

Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  229 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
When Zarios D'Amilo meets Emma Hayes again, she is no longer the awkward teenager who tried to kiss him, but a beautiful, confident woman. Now he wants her!
To claim his inheritance, this untamed tycoon must curb his wild ways. He needs a convenient fiancee, and Emma needs a million dollars. So Zarios seizes his opportunity--he will have her! But passion soon leads to preg
ebook, Harlequin Presents #2879, 192 pages
Published December 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published June 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy

karen
Nov 24, 2009 marked it as romance-covers-i-have-loved
truly one of the most romantic titles i have ever come across. nothing says true love like a sales receipt.

"now he wants her!"
willaful
Jan 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bare bones plot outline -- Italian playboy tycoon, sacrificing sister with abusive gambler brother, fake engagement, complicated pregnancy issues -- coupled with that title, and really, what can one say about that title, make this romance sound so generic that the cover should be nothing but black letters on a white background. Yet I found it to have an unexpectedly different feel to it, one I liked very much.

Zarios, despite seeming straight out of the Harlequin Presents hero stereotype manua
Jenny
Heroine was a sweetheart and hero was a cruel alpha male. I read it because I like the pregnancy trope but sadly it was revealed towards the end. Still it was an entertaining read with a cute epilogue. Also was the heroine a virgin or not? Confused!
IamGamz
Helluva title! Who came up with that one?

The book wasn't as over the top as the title. It's was a decent story about Emma, who fell in love with Zarios and the challenges she faced. I despised her brother for what he put her through. Was annoyed with her parents for not seeing the truth about their golden son. And wanted to slap Zarios for his stupidity. I did love Zarios' dad, Rocco. He was a sweetheart.

Not a great story, but not a stinker either. Just one that was entertaining.
Tia
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hero and heroine had met, the heroine had a crush on him. Eventually they hooked up at the heroines fathers birthday party and she got pregnant. The next day her parents died and she found out the hero was back with his ex. When her brother got into money problems due to his gambling she went to the hero for help and he'd help her if she would pretend to be fake engaged to him. The heroines brother caused more problems, so the hero didn't believe her about being pregnant and the money her brothe ...more
Fanny
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Bastante simple, con el mismo estilo que muchas novelas harlequin, podia haber sido un mejor libro si la autora hubiera llevado la historia de una forma diferente.
Mejora un poco casi al final, pero no llegas a conectar con los protagonistas.
Y al terminar de leer libros harlequin siempre me hago la misma pregunta, es que ninguna autora puede crear a una protagonista con caracter que no se deje humillar?? odio cuando lo que mas recuerdas de terminar historias como esta, es el machismo escondido en
Paula Legate
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-suspence
This book had so much going on. It was an emotional roller coaster. I do wish Zarious, and Emma talked and believed each other throughout the story. It would have prevented a lot of hurt. I’m glad that they worked it all out in the end. My reviews are normally long, but with this book, I don’t want to spoil it with spoilers. This is a book you just need to read for yourself.
Desirée
Leído el 03/09/2011

Karen
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
Xondra Day
Jun 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Soap opera lovers.
First of all I disliked Zarios. I couldn't see what Emma saw in him other than his good looks. He was an arrogant, hateful, petty, childish arsehole. Emma was far too good for him, and why she remotely wanted to be with him is beyond me. She came across as a bit of a doormat that wasn't necessary even given her life circumstance.

The story moved along quickly. And all in all this was a typical HQ Presents that did not stand out a lot. I rated it three stars because even with Zarios being so nasty
Shallowreader VaVeros
This book started in an unexpected way - the main character laughing and joking with her mother. In most category roms relationships with parents are either tense and fraught or the parents perished in an avalanche. The first part of the book - the birthday party was light, enjoyable and the comraderie between the male & female protagonists was sharp and fun but the second half of the book twists into trite cliches and dark brooding. The gambling brother, threats of violence and consequences ...more
Eileen
Aug 10, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one.
I received this book as a present (a joke present) and read not even half of it before shutting it forever. It became so intolerably bad that it was no longer even mockable; only painfully predictable and infinitely torturous. This book deserves zeros stars but, as that is not an option, I was forced to give it one. (That is far, far more than it deserves.)
Jimmy Smith
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

The book has a good plot, I like the characters. I did not like the book as much as others of Carol Marinelli's. The book has a lot going on and not a lot of personable details. It is a sweet romance, a little sad.
Bookabulary
Don't be easily put off by that title! This was actually an okay read--fast and easy. It wasn't a perfect book but it had its quirks that pretty much made up for whatever it's lacking. Or am I just biased for this author, one of my favorite HP authors?
Has
Jan 09, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My attempt to read a Harlequin Presents book wasn't that good. Very meh with characters who was too stupid to live and too much going on in the plot. Title is only good thing and definitely did not live up to its name.
Meetu
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book. reading the title and the abstract, I was not sure, but the book itself is good.
Alice M. Black

Una novela predecible, que no llega a convencer, principalmente por tener
a una protagonista débil y falta de carácter, que se deja
humillar y no tiene respeto por ella misma.
Nancy

Good read, a little drawn out at the end. I liked that you got a bit of both POV.
Abbie
Jan 11, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-novels
So the name is completely ridiculous, but I actually enjoyed this book. The best romance novel I've read in a while. Good pick, Clint!! haha.
Ree
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had a good story line, and a great ending.
Cherry-Ann
Good story line, good looking protagonists, idyllic location ...just poorly executed.
Fatima
Oct 07, 2013
Khothy
Mar 27, 2014
Bridgette Sherlock
rated it did not like it
Jan 31, 2016
Jan 07, 2013
Toni-Lea Chin
Jun 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Magnate's Mistress...Accidentally Pregnant! (Modern Heat)
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • The Sheikh's Captive Bride (Surrender to the Sheikh, #7)
  • Pregnant with the Billionaire's Baby
  • House of Mirrors
  • A Scandal, a Secret, a Baby\Marriage Scandal, Showbiz Baby!
  • Bound by Marriage
  • The Sicilian Boss's Mistress (Leopardi Brothers, #2)
  • Just One Kiss
  • The Marriage Betrayal (The Volakis Vow #1)
  • Untamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent
  • Bought for Marriage
  • Blackmailed into Marriage
  • The Secret Baby Bargain
  • An Heir for the Millionaire: The Greek and the Single Mom / The Millionaire's Contract Bride
  • His Pregnancy Ultimatum (Expecting!) (Harlequin Presents, #2433)
  • Bedded at the Billionaire's Convenience
  • One Night, Two Babies (Illegitimate Heirs #5)
Carol Marinelli was born in England to Scottish parents, then emigrated to Australia, where there are loads of Scottish and English people who did exactly the same, so she’s very at home there.

She lives in the outer suburbs of Melbourne—pretty much in her car, driving her three children to their various commitments.

Carol writes for the Harlequin Presents and Medical lines and she also writes conte
More about Carol Marinelli...