Start by marking “A Nice Tuesday: A Memoir” as Want to Read:
A Nice Tuesday: A Memoir

A Nice Tuesday: A Memoir

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Twenty years after his major-league memoir A False Spring, a middle-aged Jordan returns to America's favorite pastime to pitch in the minor leagues in this humorous and touching memoir of faded sports dreams that are hard to abandon.
Published May 5th 2000 by Golden Guides from St. Martin's Press (first published April 15th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about A Nice Tuesday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Nice Tuesday

Susan
Jan 08, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I cannot remember where this book came from. I was cleaning off my bookshelf when I found it and decided to give it a look over before I sold it. It just refused to be 'looked over'. It demanded to be read so I did. It's a really readable memoir. Jordan, a freelance writer and once minor baseball player, candidly and interestingly writes about his life. And, it makes a very compelling story. He's not extra ordinary and neither are the other people in his life. (As it happens, he is married to Me ...more
Jon Moeller
Just finished this book- It should be re-titled
"My Midlife Crisis and Trying to Relive My Life to Find Purpose with No Luck Other Than the One Inning I Pitched in Indy Baseball". Maybe that title is too long.
I was more disturbed that the author was more distraught over giving one of his dogs away than being alienated by all five of his children to hook-up with Meg Ryan's mom.
Don't waste your time reading this.
New Title- "My Mid-Life Crisis and My Search for Purpose in Meaningless Things" by Pat
Brian
Dec 03, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scott
Mar 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful follow up to "A False Spring". We catch up with author Pat Jordan decades later as a 50 year old making a comeback of sorts in professional baseball. Keeps you aware of life's possibilities.

The two books make great back-to-back reading!
Benjamin Kahn
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although not a perfect book, there were a lot of powerful, moving things in this book. It was most excellent.
Paul Secor
May 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A 3 1/2 star book, but I'll go the extra half star for its honesty.
Mark
Jan 22, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this book, but didn't. The author is admittedly self-absorbed. Just not a good story.
Tom McDade