Start by marking “The New Science of Perfect Skin: Understanding Skin Care Myths and Miracles For Radiant Skin at Any Age” as Want to Read:

Finally—the ultimate beauty bible that gives you everything you need to navigate the dizzying array of claims made by cosmetic companies, and to create your own personalized regimen for perfect skin.

We all want glowing, radiant skin no matter what our age, but with all the skin-care options on the market today, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by choices. Do you really need a
Published May 6th 2008 by Harmony (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The New Science of Perfect Skin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Science of Perfect Skin

Caitlin
Yarosh is a scientist and expert in dermatological formulations and I found his advice to be comprehensive, thorough and up-to-date. He covers a lot of information from the history of skin care ingredients, the evolution of science in skin care, ingredients to look for and avoid, how to read an ingredient label, a large array of skin care recommendations and regimens for different skin types, and lasers and light treatments. The bulk of this book discusses ingredients- many you probably haven't ...more
Farhana Faruq
Apr 05, 2013 Farhana Faruq rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-fitness
I absolutely loved this book. It covers the different ingredients found in cosmetic products - what works and what doesn't, DNA repair and anti-aging creams, sun damage, acne, botox, etc. etc.

I found it very enlightening. I also really like how he listed products that he recommends (i.e: products that do what they claim).

I really think most people could benefit from checking this book out.
Appointmentlink
Daniel Yarosh This is a well written book that will help you understand how and why your skin care purchases matter. Moreover, you will learn how to protect your skin. Readers of any age will find information of value to their health. During a recent visit to a Plastic Surgeon's Office to ask a few questions... you guessed it, this book was on the physician's shelf.
Judy Gerard
I love "products!" This book gives the latest scientific results from this author/scientist about beauty products. It's a skimmer: He gives you understandable info and a "bottom line." Of course you can read the whole book! Then he gives drugstore and high end product names to support the research. To me it was a fascinating read: you can copy down the names or copy-machine the pages.
Haley Sheehy
Informative, and the author throws in some "bottom lines" so you can skim it well. What I liked most were the ingredient explanations, product lists, and the comprehensive nature of the book. I am on a quest for the perfect skincare regiment and this is a great tool for reference.
Kate
This book was interesting and I learned interesting information about skin. I don't think enough credit was given to organic or all natural skin care lines, but it was extremely insightful with its description of various product ingredients.
Sadie
Aug 29, 2008 Sadie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had to read this book as I worked for the company that the author founded. It is a great reference for people who are concerned about aging and how the sun can damage our skin etc...
Stephen Cranney
Good review of which chemicals have actually been scientifically shown to work. May refer back to it in the future.
Andrea
Jun 09, 2011 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My sister read this and loved it for the way he sifts through all the marketing hype and educates the reader about ingredients that really work to protect our skin, especially as we age. :-)
Tracy
I only skimmed through to find the inexpensive products recommended, so I can't review this title.
Jan
Aug 13, 2008 Jan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Good info here that I plan to use.
Deborah Britton
Deborah Britton rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2011
Stacey
Aug 29, 2015 Stacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full of informative information.
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2009
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2011
jen
jen rated it it was ok
Apr 19, 2016
Eileen
Eileen rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2009
Lindsey Axworthy
Lindsey Axworthy rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2011
Sherry Kishitani
Sherry Kishitani rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2012
Two Readers in Love
Two Readers in Love rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Jessie
Jessie rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2011
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2009
Elizabeth De Marco
Elizabeth De Marco rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2009
Sara
Sara rated it it was ok
May 27, 2015
Tani Prive
Tani Prive rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2015
IWant2Believe
IWant2Believe rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2017
Lina
Lina rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2012