Start by marking “A Knight on Horseback” as Want to Read:
A Knight on Horseback

Ellen L. Ekstrom

A Knight on Horseback

4.63  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Violet Ellison doesn't need a knight on horseback to get through life. Just a little space, and maybe some sleep.
ebook, Digital, 279 pages
Published May 12th 2011 by Central Avenue Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Knight on Horseback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Knight on Horseback

Cocktails and Books
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cnb-reviewers
This book was so much FUN! I have never read anything by Ellen Ekstrom, but after reading this, I absolutely MUST read more. It begins with Violet, a hard working mom, stuck in a mundane routine of everyday life with a husband who isn’t really around much. She is bored and feeling a need for something different in her life. And what happens next is a whirlwind of excitement, right out of a historical fantasy! (I will not divulge any details, as it would completely ruin your reading experience. A ...more
Farmers Wife
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-this
I LOVE this story. I don't want to spoil it but when you get into you'll know what I'm talking about when I say "The way he spoke to her, looked at her, loved her, made my heart flutter constantly". If you love romance, any form of romance, you will love this story.

I also love the difficulty of the dynamics involved. The obstacles that existed and the new ones that continued to present themselves through the story. And, I love the passion (though often externally stifled, while waning internally
Molly Ringle
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ellen Ekstrom has this wonderful way of telling what is technically a story grounded in the real world, but making it feel like magic is happening. After all, for most of us, meeting that rock star we've had a crush on since we were teens, and having him fall in love with *us*, that's got to be magic! (Oof, good thing Robert Smith of The Cure never fell in love with me. Would've been exciting for a while, but I bet it wouldn't have ended pretty.)

Thing is, the life of our protagonist Violet is no
Charlotte Lynn
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Looking after her family, going to school to get her masters in history, and working full time is wearing on Violet Ellison. At a concert she meets her dream man, a rock star she has had a crush on her whole life, Christian. Violet leaves her children, husband, and life to follow Christian to his home and to study her history. She knows she has some tough choices to make and just needs the time and space to figure it out.

This was a fun read. I remember who my star teenage crush was and as I read
Darlene Foster
Oct 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I’m a huge fan of Ms. Eckstrom’s work and was not disappointed when I recently read this, one of her earlier novels. Many women can identify with Violette Ellison, a woman stretched to the limits. She is a working mom with a husband who ignores her, a difficult boss and a demanding schedule; who has dreams of her own that have been put on the backburner as she looks after everyone else. The question remains until the last page, will Violette be brave enough to follow her dreams or let the past d ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
I think every little girl, at some point, dreams of her knight in shining armor, or knight on horseback, to come galloping into her life and sweep her away. Not literally, obviously, and not even necessarily in the sense that the little girl needs rescued. Just in the sense that every little girl, or woman, dreams of meeting another soul that recognizes hers. Unfortunately, sometimes the circumstances are not always ideal when it happens.

Violet is a busy lady. Not only does she work a full time
Wendy Hines
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read A Knight on Horseback in one sitting. When I read the premise, I knew it would probably contain some romance and maybe some historical facts; afterall, the title of the book alludes to it. But I had no inkling how much more there was going to be.

I had so much fun reading this book. I won't go into the details because it would ruin it for you. Violet is a wonderfully developed character who I connected with immediately. But some of the challenges she rises to are unforseen and how she han
Joan Mitchell
A modern day fairy tale complete with a knight, a castle and a suit of armour. This was a poignant story of a working mom who had a dream and pursued it. Actually, she had more than one dream, three kids, a full time job and wrote books on the side. The story of how her life fell apart, was revitaiized and fell apart again, but she did get her happy ending. I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to everyone. I received this book from Goodreads for free.
Catherine
Dawn Obrien
Stacia Chappell
Sue
Dec 23, 2015
Ellen L. Ekstrom writes within the genres of literary fiction, romance and historical fiction.
More about Ellen L. Ekstrom