Start by marking “Il delitto della terza luna” as Want to Read:
Il delitto della terza luna

Il delitto della terza luna (Hannibal Lecter #1)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  214,257 Ratings  ·  3,519 Reviews
Product Condition: No Defects.
Published January 1st 1984 by Mondadori (first published November 16th 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Il delitto della terza luna, please sign up.

A You won't miss out on any essential plot you would need in order to read Silence of the Lambs, but you will miss out on an amazing book with pretty…moreYou won't miss out on any essential plot you would need in order to read Silence of the Lambs, but you will miss out on an amazing book with pretty cool characters and interesting murders.

The only upside I can see to not reading this book would be that you don't experience the emptiness of no longer reading from Will Graham's perspective once you're done with this one, even though Clarice is great too :)(less)

Kemper
When it comes to Hannibal Lecter, I’m like one of those music hipster douche bags that everyone hates because I’ll snootily declare that I knew about him long before most people did and that he’s sucked ever since he got really famous.

I’d read this years before the book of The Silence of the Lambs came out and led to the excellent film adaptation that skyrocketed Hannibal to the top of pop culture villains. Hell, I’m so Hannibal-hip that I’d caught Brian Cox playing him in Michael Mann’s adapta
Ana
“What made him do it, how was he crazy?”

“He did it because he liked it. Still does. Dr. Lecter is not crazy, in any common way we think of being crazy. He did some hideous things because he enjoyed them. But he can function perfectly when he wants to.”

photo tumblr_ndedn4ywaW1re3x32o1_500_zps9ehmvvpi.gif

Enjoyed it even more the second time!

Let me break this down for you really quickly.

Francis Dolarhyde goes a little cray-cray and thinks he is becoming the Red Dragon. Basically, he is going to take what is his with fire and blood. Err, somethin
Karla
WARNING: Shameless Hannibal fangirl GIFspam.

Since I've become a fan of the TV show Hannibal, I thought it was appropo to re-read the book that inspired it. It's been years, and I'd forgotten practically everything about both the book and the Edward Norton/Ralph Fiennes movie. Even so, it wasn't like I was reading it fresh. Hannibal Lecter's become such a part of the pop culture that I had expectations, also intensified by the fact that Hannibal kicks total ass. (WATCH EEEEEET!)

Comparing the show
Stephanie *Very Stable Genius*
Now that I’ve just finished reading this book, I feel the need to scrub parts of my brain with steel wool for the purpose of removing certain scenes that Thomas Harris has so rudely embedded there. Thanks a bunch Tom!

Will Graham has the rotten luck at being really good at his job. He is a profiler for the FBI and while he was on the job catching Dr. Hannibal Lecter, Lecter caught him with a big sharp knife. Will decides that was enough for him, so he makes the wise decision to retire.

But nooo!
Leo .
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

The Zodiac Killer. Ross Sullivan. Maybe. Who knows?
Just finished watching a documentary decoding the Zodiac Killer. A librarian, six foot two, two hundred and fifty pounds, very studious. A cryptologist. Bit of a loaner, very intelligent. Played cat and mouse with the FBI. No sexual motive. Shy around females. Left clues.

Red Dragon. Francis Dolarhyde. The Tooth Fairy. A very tall man, worked in photography, bit of a loaner, very studious, very intelligent. Played cat and mouse with FB
7jane
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In which Jack Crawford thinks it's a good idea to get help from Will Graham in a 'just one more case' style. A serial killed, named 'the Tooth Fairy' (at first) has killed two families, and he's asking Graham's help in finding the killer before he strikes again. Some help comes from the killer Graham caught before, one named Hannibal Lecter (this is not the novel where he shows up a lot, but I can see how he became popular already from here).

I have seen the older movie of this book, though I don
Brad
Is it heresy to say that I liked both film versions better than I liked the book? Probably, but it's true.

Thomas Harris isn't the finest writer in the world, and I think even he'd acknowledge that, but he is full of great ideas, and Red Dragon is absolutely one of his best.

I think the mark of how great his ideas are is that they almost always make a compelling transfer to the screen, and Red Dragon has made that transition twice: once as Michael Mann's Manhunter and once as the more faithful Re
Ahmad Sharabiani
Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter #1), Thomas Harris
عنوانها: اژدهای سرخ، پیش از داستان سکوت بره ها؛ نویسنده: توماس هریس؛ تاریخ نخستین خوانش: بیست و هفتم دسامبر سال 1997 میلادی
عنوان: اژدهای سرخ، نویسنده: توماس هریس؛ مترجم: فرهاد بدری زاده؛ تهران، نشر چکاوک؛ 1374؛ در 621 ص؛ چاپ دوم 1377؛ شابک: 9646043054؛ چاپ سوم 1388؛ شابک: 978964604353؛ چاپ دیگر: تهران، زرین کلک؛ 1379؛ در 621 ص؛ شابک: ایکس - 964917043؛ موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان امریکایی - قرن 20 م
عنوان: اژدهای سرخ، نویسنده: توماس هریس؛ مترجم: سهیل صف
Benjamin Stahl
I think I recall Stephen King - or somebody - once writing that Thomas Harris could tell a great story, but that he was a terrible writer. When I began this book, I could not agree more. Things start off very slowly, and the book's thriller/suspense engine seems to be running flat. The villain (can we really call him a "villain" though?) is the only character that feels at all interesting - and I guess Hannibal is good, but I prefer the Hopkins version in the films. But after a little while, if ...more
Edward Lorn
May 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Red Dragon over a decade ago, and, while I have no need to reread it (I remember every little cringe-inducing detail), it has popped up on my 17 Books for People Who Hate People Reading Challenge. So here's a review.

I don't think there's a single bad thing to be said about Red Dragon. It's one of the only thrillers that ever truly scared me. The killer and his "becoming" has stayed with me for ten-plus years, and I firmly believe it's the best book in the Hannibal Lecter series. Silence o
Read Online Red Dragon Ebook DOWNLOAD 1 2 Dec 27, 2017 08:12AM
UCAS English 10 H...: August Novel Asignment 1 19 Sep 13, 2017 02:34PM
Drink & Discuss: May 2017: Red Dragon 2 8 May 05, 2017 09:26AM
Letras Macabras: Dragón Rojo - Thomas Harris 16 59 Mar 24, 2017 04:23AM
Horror Aficionados : Hannibal 252 379 Mar 23, 2017 05:37AM
Goodreads Librari...: Spanish description for English Edition 2 16 Sep 19, 2016 04:21PM
  • The Dramatist (Jack Taylor, #4)
  • Ghoul  (Special X, #2)
  • Jaws
  • A Simple Plan
  • Shutter Island
  • Floating Dragon
  • Fludd
  • Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
  • In the Flesh (Books of Blood #5)
  • Boom!
  • Fatal Voyage (Temperance Brennan, #4)
  • The Ceremonies
  • Legion
  • Primal Fear
  • Crocuses and Blackbirds: Free Preview of Part 1 (The Golden Path Quintet #1)
  • The Getaway
  • Different Seasons
  • The Straw Men
Thomas Harris began his writing career covering crime in the United States and Mexico, and was a reporter and editor for the Associated Press in New York City. His first novel, Black Sunday, was printed in 1975, followed by Red Dragon in 1981, The Silence of the Lambs in 1988, Hannibal in 1999, and Hannibal Rising in 2006.
More about Thomas Harris...

Hannibal Lecter (4 books)
  • The Silence of the Lambs  (Hannibal Lecter, #2)
  • Hannibal (Hannibal Lecter, #3)
  • Hannibal Rising (Hannibal Lecter, #4)
“It's fear, Jack. The man deals with a huge amount of fear.'
Because he got hurt?'
No, not entirely. Fear comes with imagination, it's a penalty, it's the price of imagination.”
176 likes
“It's hard to have anything isn't it? Rare to get it, hard to keep it. This is a damn slippery planet.” 161 likes