Start by marking “Charles Towne (Keepers of the Ring #5)” as Want to Read:
Charles Towne (Keepers of the Ring #5)

Charles Towne (Keepers of the Ring #5)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  236 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Concluding the Keepers of the Ring series, Hunt follows the exploration and colonization of America and the spread of the gospel to both colonists and Native Americans.
Published March 12th 1998 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Charles Towne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charles Towne

Samantha
Jan 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
For real, I read this in a day, maybe 3 1/2 hours, and the writing was very poor, though it maybe deserves 3 stars based on its grounding in facts. However I was so constantly thrown off by the writing, trains of thought that pick up out of nowhere, I found myself skipping large sections when it didn't make sense rather than frustrate myself trying to figure it out. I suppose I'll just chalk this one up to historical research of my own.
MaryAnn
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-e-book, kindle, 2017
I broke my rule and now I have to live with the consequences. :( I don't read books out of order, but I had started this series over a decade ago at the public library, and somehow while waiting for the next one to be available, being busy,getting involved in other series, and then eventually switching to digital books, I never kept up with this series. My memory told me that I liked this series, but I couldn't remember which ones I had read or what had happened, so I convinced myself that this ...more
Barb
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Historical Series

The final book in this series, and a page-turner to the very end. I highly recommend this series. If you've ever wondered how our forefathers and mothers worked and suffered to give us this wonderful land to live in, this is the series for you. Be prepared to apologize to every Native American you know once you have read these books.
Jeff Conolly
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting Climax

As I am with most series that I rate as 5 stars I wish it was not ending. The characters will have to live on in my mind which is no where near the author's. God bless you for your writing and touching me. Thank you.
Joleen
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well I didn't know until just now that I had already read a book by this author called Roanoke, which was iffy about But this book turned me around and now I know I have to keep an eye out for Ms. Hunt.

Yes, Charles Towne is a really good book. I saw the ratings on Amazon so I took a chance and got it, having not even reading the blurbs about it. Glad I did. I thought it was going to be about a guy named Charles... Uh, yeah, I was wrong. It is the town our main character Rachelle comes from and i
Jeni Enjaian
A review from my old blog (of the whole series) ...

Oh. My. Word. This series is incredible! Of Hunt's three historical series I have to say that this is my absolute favorite.

This series explores the relationship between the English and Indian during the colonial period. The main characters, after the first book, are for the most part of biracial which allows Hunt to explore the choices that such a person would have to face... whether to be English or to be Indian.

At the same time some of the mos
Katie
Series Review:

Full of history, this series is very unique in its setting. I have read very few books (Christian or not) about pre-Revolutionary America and I cannot think of a book-outside of the Dear America series-about the Native American/settlers war and conflicts. Covering Roanoke, Jamestown, Hartford, King Philip's War, and the early slave trade, Angela Hunt wrote a very unique series.
I enjoyed some books in the series more than others, and found some parts of the series redundant and far
Kellee
The end of a satisfying historical saga. This series is similar to Gilbert Morris' style - a clean, positive, Christian account of people whose lives are impacted by the events of American history. There is more exposition than in Morris' works, and more adult themes. But all clean, all great for teen readers.

Quotes:
Their lives belong to the sea now; the vengeful mistress Ocean required their fidelity as payment for the sin committed on her breast.… They would travel the ocean until she claimed
Joan Burgett
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Charles Towne is a WONDERFUL book and completes "The Keepers of the Ring" series. I was sad to see the story end but know that the Bailie's faith in God continued for generations. Angela Hunt has opened my eyes to the treatment of the Indians, black slaves, and hypocrisy which many, many people held then ... and now. But more than that ... the majesty, greatness and faithfulness of our God.
Carol
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting story that finishes this series. The girl is told one thing about what happened to her father, then is finally told the truth & goes to find him. Best advice in there is about God's attitude toward an "honest sinner" as opposed to a "righteous hypocrite"

• Bewitching Kisses
  • Swords and Scimitars (The Royal Pavilions #1)
  • Thorns in Eden / The Everlasting Mountains
  • The Falcon and the Sparrow
  • The Promise of Peace (Scottish Crown, #4)
  • In Honor Bound (The Chastelayne Trilogy, #1)
  • A River to Cross
  • Tide and Tempest (Edge of Freedom, #3)
  • Blue Moon
  • Liberty Belle
  • Beloved Castaway (Fairweather Keys #1)
  • In the Shadow of Lions: A Novel of Anne Boleyn (Chronicles of the Scribe #1)
  • Love's Rescue (The Sierra Chronicles #1)
  • Wisdom of Narnia
  • Flame of Resistance
  • All in Good Time (The Gilded Legacy, #2)
  • The Messenger
  • Savage Destiny (The Hearts Of Liberty, #1)
Christy-Award winner Angela Hunt writes for readers who have learned to expect the unexpected in novels from this versatile author. With over three million copies of her books sold worldwide, she is the best-selling author of more than 100 works ranging from picture books (The Tale of Three Trees) to novels.

Now that her two children have reached their thirties, Angie and her husband live in Florid
More about Angela Elwell Hunt...

Keepers of the Ring (5 books)
  • Roanoke: The Lost Colony (Keepers of the Ring, #1)
  • Jamestown (Keepers of the Ring, #2)
  • Hartford (Keepers of the Ring #3)
  • Rehoboth (Keepers of the Ring #4)