Start by marking “Heavenly Birth” as Want to Read:
Heavenly Birth

Heavenly Birth

The Journey of a mother. The legacy of a daughter.

The life of Jonnae began with me teaching her and ended with her teaching me.

The purpose of Jonnae and her life was not to live through leukemia, it was to teach through it. With greater strength and faith than her years might suggest, she did not live as though she were dying; she died showing us how to live.Nine months of

Published October 30th 2009 by Intermedia Publishing Group (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Heavenly Birth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heavenly Birth

A.J. Lape
Aug 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Denise, is my sorority sister. This book came to me when I was...and still am...recovering from a surgery that didn't go so well. The words of a mother are priceless. The words of a mother whose child is dying are indescribable. It has affected me like nothing else I've ever read, and I don't think that's because I know Denise. It's because she was real. My heart has been on my sleeve for four days, and I keep quoting lines to my husband and daughters. God bless her family and this book.
Traci
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Denise is an amazing person. Get out your tissues!
Crystal
Nov 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Mom Denise Taylor journaled through the illness and death of her daughter, Jonnae, a witness to hope and the important lessons in life. Jonnae would say, "I get to" instead of "I have to," and this simple attitude in approaching life's struggles, gave her incredible strength. (And if you want the purple armband,"I GET TO," they are available.)

Jonnae's example and legacy is how to really live, think, and walk in faith when on the ropes. This book truly uplifts the reader even while you experienc
Jd Ehringer
This book is very personal for me. I went to school with Jonnae Taylor and was friends with her for many years before she passed away. I am still very close with the family and her brothers are some of my best friends. This has really no relevance to an elementary classroom but I came across this book and just wanted to pass along how much it meant to me.
Chasity