Start by marking “Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2)

Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman #2)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  28,891 Ratings  ·  2,239 Reviews
The epic saga of love and war continues—the heart-stopping sequel to Paullina Simons's beloved international bestseller The Bronze Horseman.

Tatiana is eighteen years old, pregnant, and widowed when she escapes war-torn Leningrad to find a new life in America. But the ghosts of her past do not rest easily. She becomes consumed by the belief that her husband, Red Army office
Published July 29th 2010 by William Morrow (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Tatiana and Alexander, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Sabrina Davis No that's not in the book or the previous one

Regan
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-owned-read
Better than the first! Really enjoyed this one
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
❝We walk alone through this world, but if we’re lucky, we have a moment of belonging to something, to someone, that sustains us through a lifetime of loneliness. For an evening minute I touched him again and grew red wings and was young again in the Summer Garden, and had hope and eternal life.❞

I did it again guys. I binge read 500+ pages within a few hours. XD I think I've read almost 2000 pages within a span of two days! I've been finishing each book in this series in a day and I can't sto
Melanie
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
1.) The Bronze Horseman ★★★★★

Buddy Read with Paloma

Okay, so first of all this book should have been named Tatiana OR Alexander based off the amount of time they are actually together. This book is the definition of the word angst. Heartbreaking, torturous angst.

Trigger Warnings for attempted rape, graphic violence, graphic depict
Aestas Book Blog
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone looking for the most EPIC LOVE STORY EVER!! but start with book 1: The Bronze Horseman

10++ big beautiful stars and then some

WOW!!!! This second installment of The Bronze Horseman trilogy was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! This is truly the most EPIC LOVE story EVER told bar none. I am writing this review through the tears left over from reading this book.

This book was the PERFECT sequel to The Bronze Horseman. In many ways, it not so much followed it as it did complete it. While things are still very open for book 3, I felt like this book was the second half of TBH. It was utter
Beatriz
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pesar de las difíciles situaciones con las que parte el libro, inicié la lectura muy esperanzada, sobre todo por la increíble entereza de Alexander. También acompañé a Tatiana en la dura tarea de encontrar su lugar en Nueva York, sin Alexander. Esta primera parte de la novela también es muy estremecedora ya que, a modo de recuerdos, se cuenta la llegada de la familia Barrington a Rusia y como, poco a poco, se van destruyendo los proyectos, las ilusiones y sus vidas.

Sin embargo, cuando ya lleva
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦No spoilers, people, I promise. Again, I got this second book on audio and, no surprise there, it's over 30 hours long. This is also where we see the worst of the siege of Leningrad and, I kid you not, after reading this book I've dreamed of being starved to death for multiple night in a row. I don't know, I might be too impressionable, but damn. It makes you appreciate every single thing in your fridge and make you want to stuff yourself. You know, just in case.

➦This also is a book where thing
Amy (Foxy)
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Renee

♥♥♥♥♥A LOVE STORY♥♥♥♥♥

"What about our life has ever been easy?"

Truer words were never spoken. Can these two, please, have less heartache and more happy times in Lazarevo?

My emotions ran the gamut from crying to wanting to punch someone in the throat. My heart ached for both of them as they struggled to go on with life. When times were hard I relied on Alexander's words, 'I have to have faith.'

Orbeli was introduced in TBH and we learn more about it in this book. Orbeli was the ultimate sacrific
Floripiquita
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Espléndida continuación de esa maravilla que es el Jinete de bronce, Tatiana & Alexander no es un libro fácil ni para sus personajes ni para el lector, que sufre y se desespera con lo que le ha tocado vivir a Shura, el verdadero protagonista de esta entrega, como Tatiana lo fue de la primera. Uno de los personajes masculinos más complejos, humanos y perfectos en su imperfección que he tenido el placer de leer.

Como Cassie en su reseña http://alacamaconunlibro.blogspot.com..., encuentro muchos
Marisa Sauco
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tatiana me tuvo (y me tiene) completamente FASCINADA. Pero, sin duda, este libro es fundamental para conocer, entender y adorar a Alexander.

Una vez más, todas mis emociones a flor de piel. ¡Qué maravillosa historia! ❤
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

After finishing The Bronze Horseman how could you not continue on with this book? We were left with Tatiana believing that Alexander was dead and she was left alone and pregnant. She struggles in deciding if she should continue on with their plan and ultimately does that, working her magic and making it to America just in time to give birth.

Let me just say....

description

and not only that but it will severely test your patience! I was desperate to find out what happened but of course, nothing could
 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*

5+ Stars!!! - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den
“Where did they teach you how to live after you’d lost it all? Who taught you how to go on after you had lost everything?”
~ Tatiana
This song, “My Love” by Lene Marlin (link below), is my theme song for this second book in the Tatiana and Alexander trilogy.

MY LOVE by Lene Marlin

The haunting voice and the lyrics…How my heart aches as I listen to it…Especially because every time I listen to it, now, it will forever remind me of Tatiana an
Cait • A Page with a View
3.5 stars - I wasn't as into this book as much as The Bronze Horseman, but it was still good! The middle kind of drags, but obviously if you made it that far you need to see them reunited and the end is worth it.

Alexander's POV alternated between his childhood move to Russia and his current miserable mission. A lot of scenes from The Bronze Horseman were told again through his perspective. I liked him way more in this book! He's a lot nicer seen through his own eyes. His battle scenes were pret
♥ Beth
Dec 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

My emotions are so raw from this book.. !!

After reading The Bronze Horseman I immediately had to download book 2, Tatiana and Alexander.. this book takes up where TBH leaves off.

It also led me to the beginning of Alexander's story and into his past.. how he came to Russia, and everything that happens to him and his family from the time they arrived and then everything that happens to him and Tatiana after TBH ends..

Following TBH, this book took what was
grace
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So intense and stressful!!!!!
Mon
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Una lectura súper intensa de la que me resulta muy difícil plasmar lo que me ha hecho sentir. He sufrido mucho, me he desesperado, me he emocionado, he llorado mucho con esta historia y con Tatiana y Alexander, pero ha valido la pena.

Los primeros capítulos con los flashback y los cambios de escenarios me molestaron un poco pero tenía un sentido, teníamos que conocer mejor a Alexander, por todo lo que ha pasado, por cómo ha tenido que sobrevivir, es un personaje muy complejo, fuerte, hermético co
Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★
6++++ STARS

Paullina Simons stole my heart and is never giving it back.
Or I'm gonna need a suppport group after this trilogy

Guys.... GUYS... I was so nervous I was going to hate this one. Maybe it's the dreaded sophomore slump, that seemingly inevitable second book ailment most trilogies suffer that was making me a bit jittery when I started this book. The Bronze Horseman blew me away like no other romance novel before it (and Ive been reading for a very long time), so I wondered where Paullina
Mysticnox
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Le doy máxima puntuación porque la historia en sí lo merece. A grandes rasgos me ha gustado más que el primero. Aquí he conocido a Alexander sí porque el anterior era más de Tatiana a mi modo de ver. Y la verdad es que me ha conquistado, si bien en el primer libro no estuve de acuerdo con algunas de sus “cosas”, para mí aquí es un personaje que con sus luces y sus sombras, es maravilloso.
La trama gira entorno a la desesperación por volver uno a los brazos del otro sin saber si están vivos. El co
Kim Bailey
A Universe of Heartbreaking, Poetic Stars

"Once upon a time, young girls met young boys when the moon was full and the nights were dark, when there was a fire and singing and joking, when there was wine and taffeta and dancing, when the music was loud and the laughing, too, when one pair of eyes stared at another, and the girl's chest swelled and the boy came up close, and suddenly she looked up, he looked down and ...

Once there was first love."

What do you do … how do you go on … when your one
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
Another beautifully written read! The second installment in TBH series did not disappoint. Granted, much of it was filled with struggle, heartache, and tension, but it did not lack the eternal love and persistent hope generated in the first book.

The character development was huge, especially in Tatiana's case. She showed a remarkable growth in maturity; so much that, at times, I missed the former, more carefree Tania. I found it difficult to see Tatiana in such a massive state of longing for a
Έλσα
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ειλικρινα δεν ξερω τι να γραψω...
Kimberly Carrington-Fox
//RELECTURA// Por muchos corazoncitos que ponga y muchos emojis llorones que añada jamás podré plasmar lo que siento con la historia de Tatiana y Alexander. Este libro era el único que no había releído porque fue mucho sufrimiento la primera lectura, ¡como para repetirlo! Y qué gran acierto ha sido volverlo a leer. He sufrido y mucho pero he disfrutado muchísimo más que la primera vez. He sido capaz de entender mucho más a Shura, de comprender los motivos que le llevan a actuar de determinados m ...more
Alejandra
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Qué puedo decir que no haya dicho ya sobre este libro? Que me parte el corazón, que no lo supero, que sufro con Tatiana y Alexander lo inimaginable, pero que volvería a leerlo infinitas veces más. Es la historia de amor más grande con la que me he encontrado a lo largo de mis años como lectora.
Ash Wednesday
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance readers.. and fans of Rocky. The third one... okay, maybe all of them.
SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE BRONZE HORSEMAN

4.5 STARS
"Love is so short, forgetting is so long."
-Tonight I Can Write

I couldn't possibly choose a passage from this book that best encapsulates the theme of Tatiana and Alexander's continuing battle against the odds of World War II. So I'm nicking something from Neruda which I find fitting because Shura, for the most part of this book, sounds like a hybrid between a South American poet and... well, Chuck Norris. In fact, try reading that poem and y
Joana

*** 5++++ INFINITE, HEARTBREAKING, UNFORGETTABLE AND ALL CONSUMING STARS ***

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I just can't get over how much IN LOVE I am with these books...with this EPIC and TIMELESS story...with Tatiana and Alexander...
It truly is the most consuming and beautiful love story I ever read! Full of devotion, ache, longing, angst, despair and above all hope. If they were lucky to find each other, they will always find away towards each other. They can't conceive a world without the other in it!

So there are love
Karen
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I need more stars... I can't talk right now, tears are flowing.... There just aren't enough stars....
Sharon Metcalf
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
The Bronze Horseman was a beautiful love story set in war torn Russia.    Paulina Simons ended book one on a note of young love rudely interrupted by war,  their lives ripped apart.    This almost guaranteed readers would be desperate to see Tatiana and Alexander reuinited.  I know I was.    The second instalment of the trilogy, Tatiana and Alexander (or The Bridge To Holy Cross as it's also known) was that story.

Tatiana had escaped to America where their son Anthony was born.   Meanwhile  Alexa
Amanda NEVER MANDY
Straight out the gate I am going to tell you this one was not as good as the first. Though I did enjoy catching up with old friends, I did not enjoy hearing every stinkin' detail of where they had been and what they had been up to. I especially did not want to hear about every damn random thought that flickered through their minds. If this had been a meet a friend at a restaurant to catch up on life situation, I would have been falling out of my chair screaming, “CHECK PLEASE!!”

Now don’t get me
Claudia
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Qué bonito escribe Paullina Simons y qué libro más hermoso ♥ Ha sido un no parar de emociones, como hacer un viaje alucinante en el que vas descubriendo algo nuevo a cada paso, una experiencia buenísima. No tengo claro si iré por el tercero porque el final me ha parecido estupendo; aunque es posible que mi curiosidad me gane la partida, pero eso será más adelante, por ahora me quedo con la sensación tan bonita que me ha dejado esta historia hasta aquí.
Angelica Juarez Gonzalez
Nada me preparo para Tatiana y Alexander.
Este libro representa demasiado. Demasiado sufrimiento. Demasiada intensidad. Demasiada angustia. Demasiada hermosura. Demasiada perfección. Juro que me pase toda la lectura llorando. Sin duda, lo ame.
Natalie
An infinity amount of stars.

While reading this, my heart was broken in a million pieces but at the same time, swelling to take up my entire chest. It caused too many feelings, my heart almost couldn't handle it. My love for this book is forever. It can't be put into worlds how deep it runs. Tatiana and Alexander takes us on a journey of joy-faith-heartbreak and everlasting love. I have never, and will never love two characters with the same, deep, passion, as I love Tatiana and Alexander.

I am fo
  • And With Madness Comes the Light (Experiment in Terror, #6.5)
  • The Cityscape Series (The Cityscape, #1-3)
  • The Winter Rose (The Tea Rose, #2)
  • Dusty (Dusty, #1)
  • In the Arms of the Enemy
  • Anna (The Kirov Saga, #1)
  • The Jewel of St. Petersburg (The Russian Concubine, #0)
  • Caballo de Fuego: Congo
  • Ride the Fire (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #3)
  • Nepřítel mého nepřítele (Bavettovi, #2)
  • White Gardenia
  • Once in a Blue Moon
  • Sempre: Redemption (Sempre, #2)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Addicted (Addicted #1)
Paullina Simons was born in Leningrad, USSR, in 1963. At the age of ten her family immigrated to the United States. Growing up in Russia Paullina dreamt of someday becoming a writer. Her dream was put on hold as she learned English and overcame the shock of a new culture.

After graduating from university and after various jobs including working as a financial journalist and as a translator Paullin
More about Paullina Simons

The Bronze Horseman (3 books)
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • The Summer Garden (The Bronze Horseman, #3)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“We walk alone through this world, but if we're lucky, we have a moment of belonging to something, to someone, that sustains us through a lifetime of loneliness.” 352 likes
“Memory - that fiend, that cruel enemy of comfort.” 92 likes