Start by marking “The Gecko and Sticky: The Greatest Power” as Want to Read:
The Gecko and Sticky: The Greatest Power

The Gecko and Sticky: The Greatest Power (The Gecko and Sticky #2)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Could you choose between a superpower and a friend?

The evil treasure hunter Damien Black needs some quick cash—so he robs the local bank. But Damien Black didn’t figure Dave Sanchez into his plan. Dave’s been itching to try out the Invisibility Ingot in his magical wrist band, and here’s the perfect opportunity to make like a superhero! So Dave and Sticky set off after the
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published May 26th 2009 by Listening Library (Audio) (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Gecko and Sticky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gecko and Sticky

Uriel
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is called "The Gecko And Sticky" and the author is Wendelin Van Draanen. The book is about the Gecko and he has a powerful bracelet and he has a sidekick named sticky he is a very special Gecko because he can talk two languages.
Kaelyn Grant
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full of action, "good guys," bad guys and a crazy monkey. Repetitive (as is good for the age) plenty of explanations that had us, who were listening, laughing and waiting for more.
Tami
The Gecko & Sticky are two of the most hilarious characters I have ever come across in literature. Sticky is the actual gecko and the “Gecko” is the superhero moniker of Sticky’s 13-year-old friend, Dave Sanchez. Confused? It makes sense when you read the book, whose tongue-in-cheek narrative style is full of asides and inside jokes for the reader.

The Gecko and Sticky actually make their first appearance within the pages of van Draanen’s four book Shredderman series–which I also highly recom
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sally Kruger aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

The Gecko and Sticky return! This is the second adventure of a young boy named Dave Sanchez and his pet Gecko. Once again, they are battling the evil villain Damien Black.

It just happens that one day when Dave and Sticky are at the bank, a bank robber storms in and demands that everyone hit the floor. He proceeds to demand money from the tellers and fills a stretchy bag. Two things happen just before he uses an odd weapon to shoot s
Louis
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was one of the better ones in the series.

The first thing that I should mention is that this is the 4th book in the series that I have read, although this title is the 2nd in the series. Of these titles, I have listened to 2 of them and read the other 2.

I read this title. The illustrations, although few, enhanced the story line. I also appreciated the Spanish dictionary in the back of the book. I do speak and read some Spanish, but I thought that it was cool to include this feature.

I
JustOneMoreBook.com
One wisecracking lizard, one over-caffeinated monkey and 200 pages of action, attitude and assombroso alliteration transform run-of-the-mill read-aloud adults into comic superstars. Talk about the greatest power!

You can listen in on our chat about this book on our Just One More Book! Children's Book Podcast.

Other books mentioned:
Clementine’s Letter
Sir Fartsalot Hunts the Booger (Kevin Bolger on JOMB)

We’d love to hear your thoughts on a favourite children’s book. Leave a voice message on our JOM
Jenny
Aug 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Poor Dave...he has now been nicknamed "The Gecko" because in the first installment he was seen walking up walls using Damien Black's power band and ingots. But he totally wants a better superhero name, like "Disappearing Dude." But no such luck...Thanks to Sticky, I think he is "stuck" with "The Gecko."

In this second book, Damien robs a bank and Dave and Sticky set off to get the money back. Of course, no one else knows that Sticky can talk and sometimes when he mutters to Dave, other people hea
Natalie K
Jun 23, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I hadn't read the first book in this series, so I was slightly lost with the back story of the two characters. They are spin-offs from Van Draanen's popular Shredderman series which I enjoyed reading. This was a cute story. It's a fast read, full of adventure - perfect for a reluctant reader. It skews more to a boy read, but it was cute and ends in a way that makes you want to read the next book. Here's hoping this series lasts more than 4 books.
Jay
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2013
Book two of this series is funny and entertaining. The whole family listened to it on our drive (Thanksgiving holiday) and enjoyed it. It's read by the same guy who read the "Pals in Peril" series, and the stories have a lot of similarities, so if you know and like one series, the other is a good bet for "something else you will like." The target audience is probably kids in the 9-13 year old range.
Destinee Sutton
It's confusing, but I think "the Gecko" is actually the alter ego of a crime fighting boy named Dave, while Sticky is his pet gecko, whose first language is Spanish. Sticky's got 'tude, which is where a lot of the humor comes from. Lots of gadgets and action.
Gabriel
Oct 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is exciting and risky, it makes you want to read more of these fun books!
Brett Jed
A great read aloud for my sons at bedtime...
Beckett Geary
Jun 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you have two powers try to use your own power.
Michael
The quirky villain and his bumbling side-kicks reminds me of "A Series of Unfortunate Events", but with more laughs.
Heidi M
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was our book club selection this month for my 3rd graders. It was hilarious. The descriptive words made me laugh out loud several times. Can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Aadhavkindle
Aug 14, 2011
Daniel Cook
Mar 18, 2017
Diana
rated it did not like it
Sep 15, 2013
Reading log 9 1 2 Jan 29, 2012 07:17PM
Reading log 8 2 2 Jan 25, 2012 06:28AM
Reading log #3 2 2 Dec 20, 2011 02:13AM
Why i chose this book 1 1 Nov 29, 2011 08:47AM
Wendelin Van Draanen has written more than thirty novels for young readers and teens. She is the author of the 18-book Edgar-winning Sammy Keyes series, and wrote Flipped which was named a Top 100 Children’s Novel for the 21st Century by SLJ, and became a Warner Brothers feature film with Rob Reiner directing. Her novel The Running Dream was awarded ALA’s Schneider Family Award for its portrayal o ...more
More about Wendelin Van Draanen...

The Gecko and Sticky (4 books)
  • Villain's Lair (The Gecko and Sticky, #1)
  • Sinister Substitute (The Gecko and Sticky, #3)
  • The Power Potion (The Gecko and Sticky, #4)