Start by marking “Mouse's First Fall” as Want to Read:
Mouse's First Fall

Mouse's First Fall (Mouse's Firsts)

Lauren Thompson and Bucket Erdogan show what makes fall so much fun in Classic Board Book edition of Mouse's First Fall!

One cool day Mouse and Minka venture out to play. From leaves of all colors—red, yellow, orange to brown—to leaves of all shapes and sizes—Mouse learns what makes fall such a special season! Before their fun, fall day is over, Mouse takes a big "leap!" No
Board Book, 34 pages
Published July 20th 2010 by Little Simon (first published September 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mouse's First Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mouse's First Fall

Shawn
Jun 20, 2017 Shawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Mouse and Minka play in the Autumn leaves and learn how much fun autumn can be.
midnightfaerie
A book my 5 yr old as well as my twin 3 yr olds loved. A solid reading level 1 book, this cute story keeps all ages engaged with the bright colorful pictures and cute story. A great addition to any children's library.
Scottsdale Public Library
Mouse and Minka take a stroll on a lovely fall day in this beautifully illustrated book. As the two mice play in the leaves, they observe that leaves come in various shapes and colors. A great seasonal choice for young children.
- Megan M.
Nicole Gustafson
This story opens with Mouse and Minka enjoying a nice fall day. They start by going outside to play, however this is where the journey begins. Mouse learns about colors, and shapes, and the different experiences fall can bring. Minka decides to hide in a huge pile of leaves which leaves Mouse confused. After a while, Mouse is reunited with Minka and they continue their fall day. Author Lauren Thompson does a great job by engaging readers with short sentences and Illustrator Buket Erdogan hooks r ...more
Sarah Sammis
Mouse’s First Fall is the seventh book in the series of Mouse’s First books by Lauren Thompson. Each book in the series uses a time of the year to teach key concepts to young children as Minke, Mouse’s older sister teaches her brother as they play.

Buket Erdogan’s colorful acrylic illustrations bring to life the wonderment Mouse feels at experiencing a windy day during fall. The different leaves are done in vibrant reds, oranges and yellows against a stark blue sky with lighter wisps of blue to s
Heidi-Marie
Very cute! This will be a perfect toddler book whether I use it in Craft or at Pumpkin Palooza. I think an older audience would be all right with it if I choose to go with it.

10/5/10 & 10/7/10 This book went well, but not as well as I'd hoped. It tied in with teaching the song "Autumn Time," but I was still trying to figure out good ways to tell it. It didn't bomb, but I could have done better.

10/14/10 I think I did better with this, knowing what to expect. The Outreach toddler group liked i
Kelly Thevenot
Oct 06, 2011 Kelly Thevenot rated it really liked it
Mouse's First Fall is a great childrens book that describes some of the fun things about fall. Mouse likes to play in the leaves with his friend Minka. I could use this book during the season of fall. I could even have my students take a walk outside and gather different color leaves and we could do leaf rubbings on paper.
Douglas Jankowski
Mar 02, 2015 Douglas Jankowski rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good story made especially for kids. I think it gives a happier side to the fall season, because it talks of all the colors and shapes that the leaves have when fall comes. The artwork is also something enjoyable to look at. I think many kids would enjoy this, especially because of the simple text and how short it is. This is something that I would read to my kids.
Jenna Arntz
Oct 03, 2015 Jenna Arntz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This book is a good story to read to primary students. It is about a little mouse and his friend Minka exploring the outdoors on a fall day. They play outside in leaves and take turns hiding. This book we be a good book to help children learn about leaves and why they change colors and fall from the trees.
Heather Torgersen
What a great book that covers so much! Minka and Mouse discover so many awesome things on the first fall day: leaves of different colors,textures, and sizes! This is a great book for pre-k and kinder aged kids who are starting to learn about all these things. Also, there is an overuse of verbs in this story, so if you ever need a book that has a lot of those, this one would be great!
Olivia Bretting
This was a great book to introduce students to the seasons, especially going into the fall season. The book has a lot of great pictures of mouse in the fall season that students will be able to relate to and make connections. You could also use this book to go into a leaf science lesson and use the book as an introduction.
Meghan
This is a really good book about a mouse discovering fall and leaves. The illustrations are really good and match the story. This would be a great book to use in the Fall in classrooms, and perhaps incorporate an activity involving fall or leaves.
June
Sep 26, 2013 June rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: autumn requests for the young
Recommended to June by: Polly
Maybe I'm being picky, but many of the activities seem a bit much for a first autumn (at least for humans - and I don't think mice would be doing them.) More appropriate for toddlers. 9/25/13

Used again still looking for young fall Lap Time books.
Angela
Author: Lauren Thompson
Grade level: K-2
Content: Seasons, FALL

This a simple book for beginner readers. It talks about the season of fall. It describes the different shapes and colors all leaves have. Great introduction for fall season.

Jess Gill
Oct 13, 2010 Jess Gill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this series of Mouse books is a favorite of mine... i loved reading each at different times of the school year - the excitement at seeing a familiar character return was always fun to watch. all are quick reads, and great for practicing simple prediction skills.
Lauren Owens
This book can be read during to practice predicting skills for language arts or it can be read to discuss characteristics of fall. I have used this book in a Pre-K classroom to also compare sizes of objects in the book to the size of mouse.
Recommended grade level: Pre-K to K.
Kelsey Forrester
I thought this book was very cute and charming. Mouse and Minka go outside to play and learn about all of the joyful characteristics of the season of fall. The book teaches different simplistic aspects of fall in a creative matter to keep young audiences intrigued and interested.
Lauren Wood
Sep 29, 2016 Lauren Wood rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: el230
This book is very fun and would be beneficial for kindergarteners or first graders. The book explains elements of fall such as the leaves changing and the cool temperatures. The simple words in this book would be good for students to practice reading with.
Helen Kumpel
Who this book would be for: PreK-K
This book talks about Mouse's first Fall and jumping in and playing with his sister in the leaves. A cute book with simple words for beginner readers and bright colorful pictures for young readers to take a nice picture walk.
Edna
Oct 08, 2013 Edna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story about Mouse and a bigger mouse Minka who find and collect beautifully colored and different shaped leaves which they use to build a big pile for jumping into and hiding in. Nice Story Time book for toddlers.
Rachel
Very cute story (of many) about fall that our youth librarian will be reading at storytime. The fact that the mice are so adorably drawn and one is purple adds to the soft, playful nature of the story.
Shelby Royalty
This is a nice book about fall. It explains several aspects of the fall season in a fun way that children would enjoy. It also discusses the colors of fall. This would be a nice read aloud for young students in the fall.
Lyndsey Franceschelli
This book was very well illustrated and showed how beautiful fall is. This book also shows how different all the leaves are, big and small, different shapes and colors. I feel this book would be a great one to read when the leaves are starting to change colors and fall.
Jone
Nov 07, 2007 Jone rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: K-1
Shelves: read-to-classes
Love the vibrant illustrations in this book. Makes you want to go jump into a pile of leaves.
Charity
Jan 28, 2013 Charity rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, holidays
Cute and colorful.
Maren Prestegaard
Aug 26, 2012 Maren Prestegaard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fall
Maren REALLY likes this one. Simple.
Melanie
Friends Mouse and Minka go out to play on an fall day. They enjoy the falling leaves. They find the different shapes in the leaves, study the types of leaves and finally make a big pile and jump!
Janet
For the younger child, the basics of leaves in the fall, shape, color, make a pile, jump in them. The rich colors are perfect in the illustrations and mouse has a cute face.
Samantha
Mouse and Minka celebrate fall by playing in the leaves. They sort them by color and shape and stack them up. This is a great read aloud for PreK.
Angela Alonso