Start by marking “Hurt” as Want to Read:
Hurt

Hurt

Willful Vanka thinks she is dying. Galen, a famous actor, feels his life has become a superficial mirage. And beautiful Khalid can only love people who hurt him. When these three find themselves caught up in each others' lives, will their risky games of domination and submission destroy them? Or will they find solace from a lifetime of hurt?
Nook, 305 pages
Published July 28th 2008 by Excessica Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hurt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hurt

Baba
5+++ painful and emotional stars.*****Review completed March 11, 2013

Can someone love more than one person?

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-03-08um185424_zps460c7ec3.png

Painful. Intense. Somber. Sad. Raw. Rough. Evocative. Erotic. Carnal. Hopeful. Beautiful.

This book is so much more than prime erotica. So, so much more.

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-02-14um180731_zpsc704fcab.png

Let's not beat around the bush because the reader should know that this book deals with breast cancer. I don't consider this information a real spoiler. Every reader has to make up her/his mind if she/he is willing to deal with this aspect
Shelley
Nov 15, 2012 added it
Recommended to Shelley by: Ilhem
This is such a hard book to rate. I thought I had read this story line before, but not like this. Never like this. Not with this kind of gray somber, melancholy atmosphere that seeps through the pages to envelope the reader.

The emotional game play is disturbing, frustrating, angsty and totally evocative. The authors writing is powerful and beautiful, probably the only reason I stayed with this book.

Three characters who are all hurt and damaged, facing fears, hiding behind walls, giving hope and
Ilhem
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mmf
GR is asking me what I think : will I ever find the words?

What did I receive from this book?
Three beings roughly manhandled by life, damaged in their sense of self and self value, in their identity.
Three hurting, scared souls among milliards, falling apart.
Three complex, flawed and caring persons, trying to master pain and fear, playing mind games, sex games, imprisoning themselves and the other behind protective walls and struggling to be, to love and be loved.

Krylov’s powerfully evocative wri
Vishous
Feb 11, 2013 added it
Recommended to Vishous by: Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
I just can't decide.....

This is really hard for me to review. I really have mixed emotions when it comes to it. This book is hard and it literally hurts all the time you read it, because there's nothing but hurt in it. In the beginning I liked it, I liked Galen a lot. Then I hated him and my heart ached for Khalid! And even though you feel Vanka's hurt all the time, I just couldn't connect so much to her as a character. Her pain hit close to home and it was really hard to read it, but I was prep
Ash Wednesday
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ash Wednesday by: Rebecca
3.5 STARS

"Do you think a person can love, be in love with more than one person?"

If your answer to that question is anything less than the affirmative, then this book is definitely not going to make sense. Personally, I'd answer that question with a yes but with many qualifiers, which I guess explains a lot about how I feel towards this book.

Menage stories thus far is still very foreign to me, particularly those that strive to work the characters involved into an actual relationship. I have
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★★★

ETA 5/2014: With talk of a June release of Dangerously Happy Dangerously Happy by Varian Krylov, thought it was time for a reread of this favorite book to see if my feelings for it are still warranted. I've read many books since my original reading in July 2011 and several rereads since and I'm happy to say, this still stands head and shoulders above many of the books I've read since then.

~~~Original Review - Edited a bit~~~
Vanka met Galen Ross in an unusual way 5 hours after she had broken up with boyfriend of two years.
Joy
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"He held her huddled against his body as her grief tore her apart. It was a betrayal. Theatened. Hurt. To have her power,her control-or the illusion of it-ripped away."

This story is so very powerful--so beautifully written--I hope others can read this as a story of three damaged people coming together and finding peace and love--I know first hand the grief and agony felt when you hear the words "breast cancer"--to have your control over your body taken away--the author has written an accurate ac
Violetta Vane
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes MMF and isn't put off by dark themes
This book blew my mind, it was that damn good. I'll definitely have to read it a second time; on the first go-round, I read it so quickly my fingers were getting wobbly! Everyone should read this book. Wait, that's probably not right. In fact, there are two main issues that could put off potential readers: the breast cancer and a strain of dubious consent. I'll talk about the breast cancer now and the dubious consent under the cut.

This is not just a book about a three-way relationship (although
Frau Sorge (Yuki)
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book as much as my black heart could love. Seriously. At the beginning I was like - what the fuck, I've read this storyline a thousand times before - but I was oh so sweetly deluded.
I loved Khalid here. I didn't give a single fuck about Vanka and Galen (but Vanka's father kinda stole my heart in a different way). I just loved this sad, heartbroken Algerian. Sue me.
Highly recommended.
Rebecca
Reading In The Dark Blog
Like Reading In The Dark Facebook Page

A fantastic emotional journey, this book was incredibly difficult to read.

Vanka, a woman diagnosed with breast cancer meets Galen a jaded movie star. Things are going well between them as a pair and the relationship soon evolves to include Galen’s part time lover Khalid. The book is an exploration of how events and emotions can affect the dynamic of a relationship and the growth the characters experience as a result.

It is a very intim
B-M
The older I get the more convinced of somethings I become.

Reading this story only reinforces this belief.

I truly believe that love, and I mean deep, profound and enduring love comes in many forms.  That our antiquated belief that it can only be found between one man and one woman is flawed.  This story proves that love can exist between two men and a woman.  That the type of love we all yearn for can be found in places we perhaps least expect it.

This novel left me breathless.

The writing wa
Ana
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars
That's the first polyamory history with two men and a women that I've read, and I've found it very interesting, even if the topic of the book is a hard issue that maybe some people will try to avoid, because it could be very painful, even if I think it is well treated, I know there are readers who do not like reading about it, so read the blurb before regret it.
description
Galen and Khalib are two men with an established, but with issues relationship, who meet Vanka, a woman who gets into their li
Silkeeeeeereads
Hurt is a story encompassing three lives that were injured, one due to breast cancer, and the way they needed each other to move on from the hurt. There are painful moments that, as I woman, I think a lot of us fear. There were moments that remind you how much love can heal the pain of being hurt. Above all, it reminds you how much trust is needed.

There Is a sensuality that leaves you breathing a little quicker; every sexual moment pushing each character further towards what each person needed.
Saunders
I have read many books and I have been aroused, emotionally drained, but nothing has affected me like Hurt by Varian Krylov. It is a beautiful, emotional read that will stay with me for a long time.

This book deserves wide recognition. Intrigued by this writer I have looked up her other books and was shocked to find out that she has not written in a long time. Hurt is her most recent but Varian Krylov don’t stop with this book. You need to start writing again…………………….please?

This book is a must r
Varian Rose
Wow...where do I even start?

Hurt is an m/m/f story that would be best described as beautifully tragic.

I called this erotica, because while it has the plot of a romance and the characters declare their love for each other...the relationship feel incredibly fragile, like one wrong word could make it shatter.

The story feels almost dream like, with the reader feeling only the first layer of emotions, the rest being hidden behind a veil. I feel like this was a good thing. I think if that veil was re
Aleera
Jan 28, 2014 rated it liked it

Rating: 3.5 Stars

The beginning of the book was very detailed. Too detailed, down to the bush he had in his back yard. Then it got kinda normal in the middle. Then days would pass with a couple of pages so it seemed rushed at the end.

The sex scenes in the very beginning was again... very detailed but it seemed like the sex scenes I wanted detail on, they kinda faded to black.

I wanted to like it more than I did but this is the first book I read by Varian Krylov so... maybe it's her style.
Simone
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
There is nothing cliche about this book.
And have no expectations except for a beautifully written erotic novel.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Reviewed for http://totallybookedblog.com/

Gitte: I am sat here Jenny and I actually have no idea how or where to start this review, it was just so different to anything I have read in a long while. It was a hard read, and it hurt. It hurt so much that at times I wanted to put it down, but I just couldn’t.

To be honest, this book is certainly not for everyone. It will definitely push boundaries for some readers. In particular; readers who are or have been personally affected by breast c
Isabel
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was ok

This book is about Vanka the breast cancer patient, Galen the movie star and Khalid the former prostitute.

There were some good scenes in this book and it brought up some unconventional subjects, but the book focused to much on the romance and not how the reality of having cancer or how these peoples actions impacted their loved ones and fans.

Two other things that annoyed me was the fast forward speed that the book held when they weren't together and they had a tendency to hold French
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a sad sad book, both emotional and tackling what some may see as a taboo subject in Breast Cancer..but the way that the book was written and the storyline handled only made this book so much more..this book is about a M/M/F threesome so some may find this a bit difficult to handle but all 3 love each other and it is such a beautiful story told magnificently.

"Willful Vanka thinks she is dying. Galen, a famous actor, feels his life has become a superficial mirage. And beautiful Khalid can
Barbara Elsborg
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very well written book. Not originally one I'd thought I'd like but it was a suggested read and I'm very glad I read it. Please don't be put off by the fact that a character has breast cancer. I was, which is why I delayed reading it, but it is worth the read.
The three MCs are interwoven in a fascinating way. I love the way the author reveals their secrets. The sex is spectacularly written. You might wonder why not 5 stars but it's partly because I like a different balance in my erotic romanc
Pam Godwin
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A rare gem, this story outclasses its M/F/M ilk in robustness, sensuality and dimension. Three grievous, unhealthly lives weave together through the devastation of cancer, sexual discovery, and belonging. This bond wouldn't be complete without all three characters, each one needing the others for reasons Krylov demonstrates with profound credibility. They have diverse identities, their backstories adding to the complexity of their relationship, resulting in a heartrending, satisfying menage.
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written book, a must read. Unusual story. Very, very erotic.
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
Reviewed jointly on TotallyBooked: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/03/...

Gitte: 5 stars
Jenny: 4.5 Stars

Gitte:

A.J. Adams
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this forever ago and I still remember it as clearly as if I read it yesterday. That's the sign of a great book, right? This has it all: deep warm human emotion, and a rather different take on relationships. Really, try this. You won't regret it.
Batha
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant.Love the writing, the characters, everything. This was a menage done exceptionally well.
Selipperydickdip
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a intricate entanglement ... the dynamics of a relationship/s is shown within the story really well and at times had me dreading where they were heading.
Beth Evant
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Varian Krylov does it again with Hurt. This is one powerful love story. Definitely not your traditional love story. There is a love triangle here and I tend to hate those, but Varian has such a way with connecting the reader to the characters that it was all so beautiful.

Vanka has been diagnosed with breast cancer. This books takes us through that painful period with Vanka and with Galen by her side. Galen has a lover, Khalid. Khalid brings unconditional love to the relationship. He loves Vanka
Kim BookJunkie
This was my first time reading a book by Varian Krylov and definitely will not the last. HURT is a powerful, unique, thought-provoking book! It's hard to describe how very different this book is from anything else out there. There is romance, there is erotica but it is not dark; at least not the kind of dark I was expecting. There are many deep, emotional issues, feelings and activities between these characters yet nothing about this book is sad or tragic. This is not a tearjerker in a
Kirmizi
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In my writing, sex is the medium, the expression, and the tool of discovery for my characters' insecurities, the needs that drive them, the comfort they can't live without, the joy and relish of life that makes each of them intense, strange, and alluring.

This is a quote from Author's page and perfectly explains why this book is so different from all those other mms, eroticas, etc. etc..

Oh god, this book hurts so good. The perfect dose of melancholy, fragility of the characters.. Delicate wordin

• Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • Breaking Perfect
  • Lovely Wicked
  • Honey Red
  • Tailspin (Phoenix Rising, #2)
  • Daniel's Surrender (Worthington Group, #3)
  • Enticement
  • Imprinted
  • Who's Your Daddy?
  • Rocked
  • Bightmares (Deep Space Mission Corps, #2)
  • Satyr's Myst (Satyr's Myst #3)
  • Missing Linc
  • Don't... (Don't..., #1)
  • Dark Soul: The Complete Collection (Dark Soul, #1-5)
  • Risk Is A Four-Letter Word (Four-Letter Word #1)
  • Tea for Three
  • Dirty Thirty
Growing up near Los Angeles, I spent much of my time frolicking in the Pacific Ocean and penning angst-twisted poetry. Now I'm living in sunny Spain writing pathos-riddled fiction. Ironically, two of my favorite things are traveling, and swimming in the ocean, despite increasingly intense phobias of sharks and flying.

I've always loved the music and substance of words, always loved writing in well-
“Which side is yours?”
“They're both mine,” he answered mirthfully, having gotten a good bit of teasing over the years for his indiscriminate sprawling. “Take whichever side you like, and be prepared to defend it.”
4 likes
“But looking at you was nothing like looking at those pictures. When I first saw,” he said, looking down at her chest, then up again to meet her eyes, “it hurt, almost a physical pain. Since you finished chemo, you've gotten so strong again. Sometimes I almost forget what you've been through. But seeing your scars, they reminded me of your hurt. How you've been cut apart. What you gave up.”

It was important, not keeping herself back from him, putting parts of herself off limits. But it stung when he sank down to brush his lips over the two biggest scars.

“But your scars are beautiful. I mean, I look at them, and I want to kiss, I want to touch, I feel this tenderness for them. You know how when you love someone, when you've been with them a long time and you know all the little lines and curves and planes of their body, how you look at little parts of them—the corner of their mouth, the back of their hand, the little crease where their earlobe meets their jaw—and you can feel like you're in love with that little piece of them? Maybe soon, I'll look at your scars like that. But right now, it's this feeling I've never had for a part of someone's body, before, because they promise me you're well. That you get to live. That we get to have a long life together.”

Her love for him was swelling up in her chest, the way it did sometimes, an ache she wanted to hold on to.”
3 likes