Start by marking “Diary of a Mistress” as Want to Read:

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  2,363 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
Monica counts her blessings: she has a husband who is not only devoted to her but committed to being a strong, caring father to their twin sons. But an unexpected package threatens to change everything Monica has ever believed about her husband.
Audio, 6 pages
Published March 1st 2010 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published August 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Diary of a Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diary of a Mistress

Miasha
Dec 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-novel
I wrote this novel under pressure. I had told Teri Woods that I had it already completed and she wanted to read it. The truth was, I had nothing more than a title. I told her it needed a little bit of editing and if she could give me a few months I could get her the book as soon as it was up to par.

She gave me the time. But I was a first-time mother with a newborn who I spent much of my time breastfeeding...(I know TMI) but true...I had no idea how I was going to make time to write a book...I pr
Lord' Williams
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: auidobooks

Diary of a Mistress

My wife always says, "A man just don't stand a chance."

When she first said this, I was slow to speak and gave great thought to the statement she made, because I was ready to debate her claim. I was about to pick up the flag and march into battle with her over such a claim. --I pondered, and pondered some more, then came to the conclusion, she was right, a man just don't stand a chance, and this short novel shows just one aspect on how men don't stand a chance against the games
KC Girlfriends Book Club
I have to admit that I really didn't think that this book was going to be that good...boy was I WRONG!!!

I loved this book from the beginning to the end! The storyline was so believable and the characters were easy to relate to. You think that you have this book figured out by the middle but it takes you on so many twists and turns that the ending will surprise you...and then when you think you've read it all...Miasha takes the book to a whole different level!

This book is smaller page-wise by m
Lizzie Winns
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mann this book was the best book I've read so far this year and I've read 65 so far... This book had me hooked from the first page all the way thru to the end. It had so many twist and turns I was afraid to stop reading in case I missed something. I was totally shocked when I found out the whole story was a lie made up by a crazy deranged woman who wanted a man who didn't want her. Sometimes you have to be careful on who you tell all your business to. Because it can always back fire to hunt you. ...more
Kim BookJunkie
STORY: 3.75-4 stars
PERFORMANCE: 4-4.5 stars
OVERALL: 4 stars

Because it is uncommon for books to have an average rating as high as this one has, I was skeptical, wondering if I would agree with the, "average reader". Despite being skeptical, I was pleasantly surprised by this book - it was such a fun book to listen to (I listened to it on audiobook)!

Based on the synopsis, I was expecting an, "urban" story with ho's, schemers and skeezers.... I was way off! Diary of a Mistress is a captivating and
Christiana Harrell
This was a really good book. I thought at first that it would be a story from the "mistress" side of a relationship, but oh how wrong I was. I felt deceived, but it was a great feeling of deception once I learned exactly what was going on. I can usually predict most things that I read, but this one definitely got me and kept me going until the end and even the ending left my mouth hanging wide open. There was so much to expect and not expect. I loved it.
Kellee
Mar 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erica
Shelves: a-favorite
2nd time reading it: Book still a fav. Read it in 2 days!

OMG, this book was amazing with a very shocking twist.
Vi Louise
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, aa-fiction
Good plot and dialogue exchange but some of the characters actions were just dumb! The narrator performs well differentiating between characters but I just didn't imagine Carlos sounding the way he did and the suicide attempts were not developed enough for me.
Breiana
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Miasha delivers a powerful, poignant and alluring story of fantasies, obsession and desperation all powered by one woman's mind. Meet Angela, a woman wounded by her own personal journey with her ex-husband who betrayed her trust with an affair. Her ex's actions forces depression into her life, where she constantly has episodes of self harm and a history of being institutionalized. Instead of getting revenge on her spouse, Angela takes another turn and decide to become the faithful mistress of ma ...more
Pat Cromwell
Feb 12, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do not let the title fool you. This book is not a testament to the other woman but its a "Sometimes your eyes will lie and what you think you see, you are not." If if were a song it would be Tammy Wynete's Stand by Your Man, if it were a movie definitely a Ross Hunter extravaganza from the 1950's because this book is pure unadulterated (sorry for the pun) fun and excitement.

There are so many "You go girl" -- "Nasty skank" -- "You dirty dog" moments! It is masterful, entertaining, and a page tur
Nardsbaby Reader
Fences

Diary of a Mistress familiarizes readers with two outlooks on one story.

Angela Washington is the habitual other woman. She's an Executive VP in marketing, whose life has been filled with instability since her own catastrophic marriage. A participant in a laundry list of precarious events, now Angela wants to finally have happiness at any cost. While on "break", sees that she only has one chance left to seal the deal.

Monica Vasquez is the doting wife, mother with twin sons and is employed
Carol Hornsby-mccoy
Wow! And to think I almost didn't read this book. I enjoyed it. I couldn't fandom reading about something I dislike so. But after reading the first chapter, I couldn't put it down. Great work. Ladies trust your heart. Don't be deceive by what others say or thing. Believe in your man until he gives you reason to believe otherwise. Angela got what she deserved. Sad but she had a messed up head.
Shelley
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I began reading Diary of a Mistress last Saturday morning. I figured I would read a couple of chapters before getting out of bed and starting my day. Well, about two and half hours later, I had finished the book. It was so good, I couldn't put it down and just had to keep reading to see what would happen.

Angela is a woman who has had no problems with sleeping with married men. She's mentally unstable due to her poor relationships and has been in and out of mental facilities. During her latest st
Lesa Divine
Jul 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-it, i-own
Third book I read by Miasha and she did her thang again. Loved this book. I couldn't put this book down. I was hooked from the get go all the way to the end. Monica is a mom and wife. She loves her husband Carlos to death but, when she get a diary in the mail from his supposed mistress. Monica world turns upside down. From fighting with her friend to being locked up from attempted murder.
Angela is the so called mistress for Carlos that is crazy in the head she can't have Carlos so she goes to e
J
(FROM JACKET)Monica counts her blessings-she has a husband who is not only devoted to her but is also committed to being a strong, caring father to their twin sons. When Carlos surprises her with an unforgettably romantic getaway, Monica knows her husband is still very much in love with her-and she with him. But an unexpected package threatens to change everything Monica's ever believed about her husband.
Angela has adopted a sex-them-and-leave-them attitude toward the married men she's bedded ov
Destiny
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good, short book. I listened to the audiobook, which took about 4.5 hours. Angela was a woman who was lonely and mentally unstable. Monica was a devoted wife, mother, and educator. Carlos was a devoted husband, father, employee and friend. This book is about how the contents of a diary of a mistress can affect a family. All I can say is: Be careful who you befriend. There are three sides to every story. Don't be afraid to ask the questions you want to know the answers to. conclusions.
Claudia
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was an okay read. It kept me engaged and actually built up a story. Monica and Carlos had a pretty strong marriage and put family first. Upon returning from vacation celebrating her 10th anniversary she receives a diary in the mail giving grave detail about her husband having an affair. I like that the author gave us inserts from the diary and how it all came together. Unfortunately, some of the scenes were predictable and after the story reached its peaked....the rest of the book was ...more
Mia Trueheart
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very great read. I couldn't put it down, and the ending was so unexpected. Miasha definitely outdid herself with her breakout novel, Diary of a Mistress. Suspense keeps you on the edge of your seat. Mystery keeps you guessing. The twists and uncertainty keeps you begging for more. I got this book from a friend, and it took me three months to get around to reading it because I was putting it off. What was I thinking! I kick myself to think I just let this sit on the shelf. This was a great read, ...more
Mary Honeycutt
Jun 09, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mary by: Lisa Mendoza
Shelves: 2010
This book was definitely stepping out of my genre. The storyline kept me reading. I actually read this one in a day as it was an easy read. The storyline is crazy! This woman destroys a family with lies. Some of the story was not quite detailed enough for me or the characters seemed to be having conversations that didn't seem real. For instance, I couldn't imagine the character saying what I read at that particular moment. Overall, it was a good read. I needed to know how it ended for sure.
Claudia
Feb 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction
Angela was down right crazy with a twist, she takes Monica & Carlos life and turns it inside out. One minute Monica and Carlos was a happy and loving couple until...something out of the norm bring their lives to a crushing...Boom...! Regardless of all the unconditional love the diary takes over.

Miasha really pin pointed and gives you some raw material that has the twists and turns that is page turner. I really look forward continue to read her work.
Keyona
Nov 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was quite good. Despite her Celess series Miasha is started to grow on me.This was a very quick read. I would have liked if it had more "meat". It was just too quick. I do however feel a sequel coming on perhaps..hopefully. From start to finish this book had me sucked in. Unfortunately I'd figured out what was going on early in the book so it kind of spoiled it for me. Overall it was a good read.
Rachel
Dec 10, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read. I actually believed the diary so I can see how Monica would believe it. Angela took the pieces of information given to her by Carlos and ran with it. But by default this was Carlos 's fault . He should have never become friends with Angela without Monica's knowledge. This was a lifetime movie in a book. The ending kind of fell apart for me. I think it should have ended with Angela killing herself.
Tia
I listened to the audio version of this book and it was excellent. I held on to every word. It felt as if someone was telling me a 4 hour long scandalously juicy tale. The readers voice was not what I would preferred to hear for this type of story, but that didn't matter because it was the story that captivated me not the readers voice. This book was not what I expected at all! I was both surprised and shocked at the unfolding of this vivid tale. Well done, Miasha....
K. Umm Ka'reem
May 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been looking for this book for years. Luckily I found a PDF online and I finished it in 8 hours. I had a hard time putting my phone down! The major twist in the book caught me off guard completely. I loved it from beginning to end. The whole story was realistic and I was able to put myself in Monica's shoes. Great book!
Eva Leger
Jul 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: urban-lit readers
Recommended to Eva by: myself
Shelves: b-urban-fiction
I got so into this book! I thought the whole idea for the story was great, the wife and husband are in a happy marriage when the wife gets a package in the mail one day and it's the supposed diary of his mistress. One can guess what happens next and it's in the details where the book really gets great. I definitely recommend to all urban-lit readers!
Ursula Shelton
I finished this book in a couple of days. Not much to the story line; a married woman reads a diary written by a want to be mistress. She accepts it as truth and does some unbelievable things. This is my first time reading anything by Miasha. It was different, I cannot say that I will read her material again.
Davina Bell
Wow!!!! What a story!!! It is stories like this when I wished that BET, TV1, or Centrics would pick it up and make it into a movie!!! Not a B movie, but a nice production. The climatic twist caught me off guard. I had no clue there was a twist!!! Just like Secret Society, Miasha does it again and makes a hit story.
Arburtha
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was the bookclub book for the month of Nov. It was rather bland! The storyline was predictable, the ending was uninspired! The first person/third person writing style was boring!! That being said I still finished it because; 1) It was only 155 pages long and 2) I really wanted to know how it ended!! So I guess it was'nt so bad after all!!
Monique Jarvis
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that Angela got what she deserved because she messed up a happy home and marriage and cause Monica almost ten years and person for attempt murder of her husband. But, in my opinion Monica should have been women enough to know that a woman was jealousy of her happy marriage and did all she could to win Monica husband.
Ashlynn Elizabeth
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a romance novel when I picked it out, boy was I wrong. The story is unique and somewhat dark about the actions of a mentally ill woman trying to get the man she has fallen for. A good read.
Opinion 6 33 Oct 27, 2014 01:55PM
  • California Connection
  • Millionaire Wives Club
  • The Million Dollar Divorce
  • Material Girl
  • Sweeter Than Honey (Honey Diaries, #1)
  • Still Dirty (Dirty Red #2)
  • Snapped
  • Message from a Mistress
  • Working Girls (Flint, #2)
  • Diary of a Street Diva (Dirty Money, #1)
  • Grindin'
  • Where There's Smoke
A life changing event for me occurred at my college graduation in May of 2003.
National bestselling author, Karen E. Quinones Miller, was the keynote speaker. She delivered a speech about how she had written a book, self-published it and sold so many copies on her own that major publishing houses fought to offer her a deal. I sat amongst my graduating class fully alert and attentive. It was as if
More about Miasha...