Start by marking “Restless Heart” as Want to Read:
Restless Heart

Restless Heart

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  245 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
The "New York Times" bestselling author and country music sensation presents her heartwarming debut novel.
Success on the musical stage is all Destiny ever wanted, and when she finds it, she feels as if her dreams have come true. But with the exhilarating rush of success comes a price-and a battle to recapture the traditions that were her foundation. Struggling to reconne
Published January 25th 2011 by NAL Hardcover (first published December 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Restless Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restless Heart

Feb 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Restless Heart by Wynonna Judd
Contemporary Romance - Jan 25th, 2011
3 1/2 stars

On a dare Destiny Hart enters to sing on the WKCX Kicks Country Kentucky Idol Search. But what she never realized is how much her life would completely change from then on. While on stage, Destiny discovers her true calling and promptly gives up college and moves to Nashville to pursue her dream.

Four years later, Destiny has hit rock bottom - she is still waiting on tables hoping for her big break. To make matters wor
Jan 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nyjob

It's everything you'd expected - and not written particularly well. Just because someone is a successful singer doesn't mean she'll be a successful novelist. I figured this one would either be surprising witty and insightful - or it'd be super predictable tosh. Unfortunately, we got the later instead of the former.

Wy, oh why, oh Wy!
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Restless Heart A Novel by Wynonna JuddWill Destiny Hart’s ambition fulfill her dreams, or will she alienate everyone she cares about in the process? Experience is growth and sometimes distance truly does make a restless heart grow fonder.

Destiny Hart’s future changed the day that one of her high school friends entered her name into a singing contest, hosted in her hometown by a local radio station in Wilmot, Kentucky. Invited to observe the competition by three of her friends, Destiny is shocked when she hears her name announced as
Lindsay Allison
May 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
I was really disappointed with this book. It's not that I expected amazing writing skills from Judd, but I expected more after the prologue and first chapter. The characters were set up so well and the descriptions were really great. There was so much personality and I really loved it. However, as the book went on, the characters lost some of their spunk and they became flat.

I think the book would have benefited greatly from more of a romance structure. It is so close to being a romance that I
Feb 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
A fiction book from the country star that is well written. The title page lists LuAnn McLane as a contributor. This is Destiny Hart's story. On a dare she sings in a local contest and wins, her friend had entered her and not told her. She pursues her dream of a singing career and moves to Nashville, against the advice of almost everyone around her. A chance meeting with a high school friend at the bar she works at coincides with a career break. Seth remains a hometown boy, and as Destiny's star ...more
Michelle (MichelleBookAddict)

This is written by country singer star Wynonna Jude. The story focuses on Destiny Hart with her point if view. Other characters have their point of view told also, like Seth (Destiny's boyfriend) and Destiny's parents. The relationship between the family members feels a little realistic and is heartwarming. Destiny's passion for music really stands out. It felt that Wynonna was Destiny at times. The relationship between Destiny and Seth felt very bland (though I did like Seth a lot). It didn't
 Gigi Ann
Dec 03, 2012 rated it liked it
My Thoughts...

While shopping at a bookstore that was going out of business about a year ago, I was surprised when I came across this book for $1.00, and since it was by Wynonna Judd, (I didn't even know she was an author) I decided to throw it in the basket with the other books I purchased that day.

As I was reading it I wondered if some of the things she wrote about mirrored her own life somewhat. It was a fast read, I read it this long, cold wintery day. I wouldn't say it was a 5 star reading
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Surprisingly enough, this book was highly predictable and there for not incredibly enjoyable... This book is also written by LuAnn McLane, who has written a couple of my favourite contemporary southern romance authors so I was truly looking forward to reading a book that she has had some part in. At first the similarities are kind of hidden, but as the story goes on it is very clear that this book is the same as "A Little Less Talk A Lot More Action" by McLane. The differences are very few and f ...more
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading "Restless Heart". I love country music and it was no suprise that Wynonna would write a book about a country singer.

On a dare Destiny Hart sings "America the Beautiful" on the WKCX Kicks Country Kentucky Idol Search. She gives up college to pursue her dreams as a country music singer. Her father is not to happy with her decision and it puts a strain on her parent's marriage.

4 years later she is living in Nashville, Tennessee working as a waitress at Back in the Saddle Ba
Nicole Galbraith
Jul 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Overall, a sweet love story; however it is obvious that it is not written by a professional writer. Destiny Hart has been struggling to make it in Nashville and finally gets her big break as her high school crush reenters her life. She must try to find a way to balance her dreams and love. The characters and plots are likeable, but could've been more developed. Months would pass by between chapters and the reader got very little explanation of what the characters were doing during that time. It ...more
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was ok

“Restless Heart” was written by country singer Wynonna Judd. Unfortunately, that’s the only unique thing you can say about the book. It’s a run-of-the-mill romance story that you have read before – a story of a struggling singer who works as a waitress who gets a big break and then hits big time. Will fame be a hindrance to her finding true love? Judd has a great flair for setting up Nashville, and once can sense her
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
of course I devour anything Wynonna! this was a simple story of rags to riches but yet still captivated me. I'm not sure if that was because of great writing or the fact that I felt it was semi biographical for Wynonna though. a lot of the feelings and emotions felt by the main character tell a story about Wynonna herself so I found it fascinating. Her feelings towards fans, stage anxiety, etc are pieces of Wynonna's story coming out in this novel.
I truly enjoyed this book, a first from singer, composer, Wynonna Judd. And I hope that she writes more. Because Wynonna has experienced personally what the key character goes through in the country music world gave a glimpse of what life in that arena can be like.

As I said, I hope she will write more books. She knows how to tell a story.
Aug 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Okay, I decided to read this because I think Wynonna Judd is one of the most prolific singers out there. That lady can sing! I wanted to see if she could write. Yes, she can. It's about a young woman who finds her way through the world of country music but must make hard decisions concerning life, love, and home. Don't we all, whether we are in the music business or involved in something else?
Laurel Marshall
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun story of a woman struggling to find her way in the music industry in Nashville, TN. I thought it would be a fun read before going to the Country Music City for a few days in the summer. The struggle for finding balance in life and love while not losing oneself with the pressures of becoming a star were well display through the book. A great summer read!
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this. I wasn't expecting much...I know Wynonna can sing but, this being her first book, I wondered whether she could write. I sometimes wondered if she was writing from personal closely did the story of Destiny Hart mirror that of Wynonna Judd. I'm kind of hoping she writes more stories. This one was particularly good for a first time.
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance
Did not know she was an author. Actually picked up the book thinking it was about her. Quick, sweet read. Does seem to relate to her own career to a point, a subject easy for her to use for a setting, I did enjoy it.
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved Wynonna and wasn't sure what to expect from this book but it is a great book about the dreams of a young girl wanting to be a singer & the ups & downs that goes with it with her relationship with her family, friends & the man she loves. GREAT book!
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was intrigued by the fact that Wynonna Judd wrote this book, so I had to read it. I loved it! Very good for her first book; I look forward to the next one, and hopefully there will be a next one. She is a great writer as well as a singer.
Feb 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
for a first book, i thought this one was awesome. i could not put it down. it had heartache and tears, hard work and big breaks, but it also had dreams coming true in the end and destiny having it all :) was a great book! would recommend it to anyone that likes romance.
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a great story of struggle, success and love. I think for her debut novel, Wynonna did a great job and told a wonderful story. It was a very easy and quick read, I wouldn't mind a follow up to this book to see what the final outcome is. Great job!
Karen B
Apr 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the all too real story about two young lovers trying to overcome the difficulties of making time for each other when their separate careers pull them apart. The characters were real and likeable, the storyline filled with enough drama and emotion to keep the reader interested.
Feb 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Yeah, I read it. It wasn't terrible. Don't hate.
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was exactly what I hoped it would be. Quick & fun. I had plenty of read-aloud moments& it kept a smile on my face, for sure. Thanks, Wynonna!
Aug 18, 2012 marked it as to-read
My book for the plane ride to Florida in October
Mary Anne
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
Just not my kind of book.
Apr 10, 2011 rated it liked it
It was a quick read and kind of predictable but not bad overall.
Cheryl Karkoff
Feb 07, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this first novel by Wynonna. Cute story about a girl who follows her dream and the changes it makes in her life.
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
So far I am enjoying this book, very nicely written and easy to read.
Feb 11, 2012 rated it liked it
I love the Judds, and wanted to see how Wynonna could write. Not bad, and interesting about how a star rises in Nashville. Poor thing, sounds like they have NO personal life!
  • Suzanne Somers' Get Skinny on Fabulous Food
  • Healing Touch
  • Another Year
  • His Hired Baby (Safe Harbor Medical, #2)
  • Doorstep Twins
  • The Silver Compass
  • Patty's Gamble (Montana Collection, Book 3)
  • Move a Little, Lose a Lot: New NEAT Science Reveals How to Be Thinner, Happier, and Smarter
  • Hatteras Girl (Heart of Carolina #3)
  • Disclosure: The McCaffertys: The McCaffertys: Slade\The McCaffertys: Randi (The McCaffertys, #3-4)
  • Montana Destiny
  • My Journey with Farrah: A Story of Life, Love, and Friendship
  • The McKettrick Legend (McKettricks, #5 & 9)
  • Arm Candy
  • Get Lucky (The Bounty Hunters, #2)
  • Honky Tonk Christmas (Honky Tonk, #4)
  • Wish You Were Here
  • Star of His Heart
Wynonna Ellen Judd (born Christina Claire Ciminella) is an American country music singer. Her solo albums and singles are all credited to the singular name Wynonna. Wynonna first rose to fame in the 1980s alongside her mother, Naomi, in the country music duo The Judds. The duo released seven albums on Curb Records, in addition to charting twenty-six singles, of which fourteen were Number One hits. ...more
More about Wynonna Judd...

Fiction Deals

• Finding Rebecca
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Baker's Daughter
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Vanessa and Her Sister
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The King's Mistress
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Sun (The Northern Lights Series, No 3)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Cement Garden (Ian McEwan Series Book 2)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Book of Love: Poems of Ecstasy and Longing
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Under the Wide and Starry Sky
  • Illuminations: A Novel of Hildegard von Bingen
    $14.95 $1.99
  • The Cove
    $7.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99