Start by marking “For the Love of Flying: The Story of Laurentian Air Services” as Want to Read:
For the Love of Flying: The Story of Laurentian Air Services

For the Love of Flying: The Story of Laurentian Air Services

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
This book tells the story of Laurentian Air Services and its subsidiaries, Air Schefferville, Delay River Outfitters and more. Drawing on interviews with Laurentian's owners, pilots and ground crew, Danielle Metcalfe-Chenail explores this innovative company's colorful 60-year history from its founding in Ottawa in 1936 with Waco biplanes through the 1990s when it operated ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Robin Brass Studio, Inc. (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about For the Love of Flying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For the Love of Flying

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of For the Love of Flying: The Story of Laurentian Air Services
Nathalie Fortin
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved that book! Recommended if you like (or love aviation). A great insight into bush flying of the earlier days. Canadian aviation history over view.
Stephen Morley
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Danielle Metcalfe-Chenail has written an excellent telling of Laurentian Air Service's history. This is not a tired old history book, but instead is filled with wonderful tales from many employees and people associated with the company during it's entire lineage. Anyone interested in aviation, bush flying, or just Canadian history should read this book.
Mary Metcalfe
Aug 28, 2016
Danielle Metcalfe-Chenail
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Eva Blaskovic
Margaret Heinemann
Apr 09, 2019
Dorothy Hermary
Aug 08, 2019
I grew up in Ottawa in a bilingual (French and English) family obsessed with writing, communication, social justice - and airplanes. Since then I've gotten history degrees from McGill (Montreal) and the University of British Columbia (Vancouver) and spent time in Edmonton, England, Wyoming, and the Yukon.

I now make Southwest Houston, TX my home. When I'm not researching and writing, I spend my tim

News & Interviews