Start by marking “The Vampire's Betrayal” as Want to Read:
The Vampire's Betrayal

The Vampire's Betrayal (Savannah Vampire #4)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  439 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
In the fourth novel featuring suave, southern aristocrat and vampire William Cuyler Thorne, the centuries-old blood drinker finds his job of protecting the human population of Savannah from real evil challenged byan apocalyptic prophecy destined to resurrect a powerful Mayan goddess fated to destroy all vampires.
Published April 29th 2008 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire's Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire's Betrayal

Diann
Jan 14, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't a bad book however, this was the 4th I think in the series and I hadn't read the other ones. Unlike other series, this one was not easy to get into since so much is referred to about previous books and the author doesn't give any kind of quick "fill you in" info. I also wasn't real thrilled with the way the author wrote. she had two main characters and she would jump back and forth between the two and write in first person of that character.
Sandy M
Why is it some of the really good books I read are always number three or four in a series and the first few books are stashed away in the TBR mountain, not within easy reach? Such is the case with this book. I always think I’ll be lost if I don’t read a series in order, but, of course, an author worth her salt can make sure you don’t feel that way. Ms. Hart’s storytelling, voice, characters, and humor all add up to a terrific book, even one read out of order. [Ed.: Book 5, Vampire’s Revenge, re ...more
IzamaRi H. Fabela
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bien, creo que la sinopsis narra bastante bien parte de la historia, así que esta vez yo no lo hare. La traición del Vampiro, es el cuarto libro de la saga “Vampiros del nuevo mundo”. Y como es el cuarto, me costó un poco de trabajo entender la historia, pues los libros siguen una línea consecutiva. Por como inicio el libro, supongo que el final del tercer libro, fue el inicio de este que leí, pues desde el inicio sigues la historia del cuerpo inerte de Jack y no te explican muy bien cómo es que ...more
Yelania Nightwalker
Cuando vi que se trataba del 4° libro de una serie, estuve a punto de desistir. No sé qué me llevó a abrir el libro y me intrigó tanto (supongo que porque no tenía ni idea de lo que hablaba, al parecer inicia justo donde terminó el libro 3, aunque adelante se explican las cosas) que seguí leyendo. Nuestro vampiro, Jack lleva una relación muy interesante con William, su sire. Me gustó la forma en que estos dos se comportan, como padre e hijo, fue algo que no esperaba de ellos. No sé, tenía la ide ...more
Adrianne Ambers
Apr 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Savannah Vampires series continues as Jack risks his life by opening a portal to the underworld to rescue Connie. While in the land of the dead, he witnesses an awesome ceremony as a band of honest-to-God angels swear Connie in as the vampire slayer! Using the power of his love, Jack manages to bring Connie back to the land of the living even though she threatens the existence of him and his kind.

Connie has no memory of being anointed the vampire slayer, and her activation won't be complete
Theresa
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another action-filled 'Savannah Vampire' story. These guys keep finding themselves deeper and deeper in trouble. What a mess. There are more problems raised (pun intended) than solved.

This book starts fairly quietly as the family is releved by Renee's safe rescue and Jack and Connie's return. But then as the trouble starts, they just run around putting out little fires instead taking on the root cause of their problems.

Now they have faerie and the possessed. And why have their west coast fr
Sandra Dagg
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I just finished this one and I am now NOT a happy camper!!! How COULD you Ms Hart??? He was such a nice guy! How the hell is this gonna get fixed now, with just a single book left in the series?? I have given this one 5 stars as well, because it was just as well written as the others, but I am still really upset about the turn of events in this book! However, it's your story, so I will continue to recommend to anyone who likes Paranormal/Vampire stories...but we prepared to be upset! On to th ...more
Yodamom
Jul 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The slayer in in their mist awakened to bring the fall of the vampires. The problem is even bigger, the slayer loves and is loved by a vampire. She awakens only to bring final death to the Savannah vampires in her maddened frenzy. That is not the only trouble in this Southern city, The Vampire counsel is on the rise and causing major catastrophes. Oh, will they ever get a break ?!?!??! Heartbreaking this book in the series takes a turn in a new direction for our beloved Savannah Vampires.
PM
Apr 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
By book 4, the character's are quite growing on me and the twists just keep on coming. This book was wild. My husband has liked this series more than most, from the start. As he told me today, you just don't expect each book to end at all the way they do!
εlﻨբ ツ
Bence yazarın sorunu bütün sırları bir anda ortaya dökmesi.. Sayfaları çevirirken diyorum şimdi ne patlatacak.Yani 3-4kitaba yetecek olay yaşandı.William için ümidi kesmedim Jack için her şey daha da zorlaşacak gibi. Kadınlar beni gene çileden çıkardı:@
Lawana
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: raven-hart

"The Vampire's Betrayal is by turns romantic, tragic, horrific, fantastic and fun—a huge range for just one book! Jam packed with vampires, werewolves, voodoo, demons, zombies and faeries, there is plenty here to entertain fantasy and vampire fans alike."
Josephine
liked
Daelith
Ms Hart has left me anguishing again at the close of book 4 in her Savannah Vampire series. Not to mentioned stunned at the conclusion. Write faster!!
Teresa
Jun 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Feb 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh no! One of the best characters has been killed! I am so sad! Connie has gone off her rocker! AKA, fulfilling her destiny and all that. What is Jack going to do now?
jD
Nov 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series_vamps
Shana
Jun 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really want the author to get the 6th book out. i'm drying up here.
Lemonitsa
3 1/2 stars
I am dazed after this one!
Wendy
Well crap. She killed off a favorite character. I'm not happy. I will keep reading because now I want to know what happens.
Cindyg
Mar 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a shocker, didn't it coming and don't understand why it did.
John Nova
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this was fast and fun reading. There was so much thriller and suspense throughout the while book. Now to the last book.
Alta
Oct 15, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a bit shocked, she left me very curious...
Ayda
Aug 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good ending..
Fire Raven
A great addition to the series with a unforeseen twist that leaves you wondering (in a good way) if the author will keep it that way or find a way around it.
Calatasde
Mar 02, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Yani kimse okumasın William'ı ölü gösterdiler birden öylece.Önemli bir olay değilmiş gibi.Bu olamaz.Okumayın,hiç değmez.Jack ne kadar çekici olsa da William olmadan hiçbirşey yeterli değil.
Jamie Campbell
Great book series
Brey
Apr 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire
Some how not my favorite series, but still one of my favorite series.
jeanie lepore
This installment of the Savannah vampires was disappointing. I am unsure if I will continue on with this series after the death of one of the most interesting characters.
Kristel
Couldn't get into this book and it's hard to understand. Maybe I'm just bored of it.. Next book please.....
Chisdragon .
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leidos
Muy bueno
  • Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2)
  • Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf (Stormy Weather, #5)
  • The Black Diamond (Black Diamond, #2)
  • As You Wish (Time of Transition, #2)
  • Nice & Naughty (The Trilogy Collection, #2)
  • Bond of Blood (Texas Vampires #1)
  • Undercover Professor
  • My Wicked Vampire (Castle of Dark Dreams #4)
  • Reign of the Dead
  • Last Vampire Standing (Oldest City Vampire, #2)
  • Love Without Blood (Eternal Eros Trilogy #1)
  • Shadow Touch (Shadow Touch, #1)
  • Midnight Reign (Vampire Babylon, #2)
  • Josh's Justice (Bad in Boots, #4)
  • Curse (Wicked, #2)
  • Simon Says (Friends and Lovers, #2)
  • Settling (Solid, #2)
  • Pink Ice (Ice #2)
Susan Goggins, the real name of Raven Hart, has been a newspaper reporter, a speechwriter for a K Street PR firm in Washington, D.C., and for most of her career, a technical writer.

Both The Vampire's Seduction and The Vampire's Secret were co-written by Virginia "Gin" Ellis and Susan Goggins. Gin passed away suddenly in January, 2006. Susan will continue the Savannah vampires series with The Vamp
More about Raven Hart...

Savannah Vampire (5 books)
  • The Vampire's Seduction (Savannah Vampire, #1)
  • The Vampire's Secret (Savannah Vampire, #2)
  • The Vampire's Kiss (Savannah Vampire, #3)
  • The Vampire's Revenge (Savannah Vampire, #5)