Start by marking “Midnight Medusa” as Want to Read:
Midnight Medusa

Midnight Medusa (Mythica #1)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
As a child, Renata witnessed unspeakable horrors in war-torn Bosnia. Now a world away in New York City, Renata channels her pain and anger into her art, sculpting war criminals--all of whom die once her pieces are complete. It seems like just a sick coincidence until Damon, a son of Ares, kidnaps her and tells her the shocking truth: that Renata is a gorgon with the power ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Silhouette Nocturne Bites

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Medusa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Medusa

Cathiecaffey
May 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The emotions that this story brought forth when I read this book when it came out, are still with me and so wanted to re-read before writing this review. It is just as beautiful to read now as before and so much more I felt this time reading it. Just starting with the first and few paragraphs, you will be absorbed into Renata's haunting past as a child in Bosnia and her current memories of agony she is struggling with. Renata's a sculptural and had done her art of sculpturing the war criminals t ...more
Melindeeloo
Renata is a Bosnian survivor and a sculptor, she sculpts only the dead or soon to die, until she is kidnapped by a son of Ares and discovers that war has transformed her too and given her powers which can make her into as much of a monster as the war criminals she wishes to punish. - The idea here was interesting but it was quite short.

Usako
Jeannie Lin
Sep 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Renata wears the scars of her war-torn past both inside and outside. As a child, Renata has lost her parents and her innocent to warfare in her homeland of Bosnia. As an adult, she deals with her anger and pain through sculpting -- but the subjects of her artwork mysteriously end up dead. On the opening of her latest show, she's kidnapped by a mysterious and attractive stranger who reveals the source of her powers. She's a Gorgon and she's been sculpting her revenge in stone.

This short story was
Kristin
Writing: 4
Story: 3
Satisfaction: 4

Midnight Medusa was included in my copy of Poisoned Kisses and it was a nice short read. I really like the way to Draven incorporates the mythological creatures into her universe and the skepticism of the non-aware characters is well done.

In Midnight Medusa, Renata is a sculptor who's subjects die suddenly as soon as she finishes their image in stone. An orphan from Bosnia from a young age, Renata has become a gorgon due to the horrors that she witnessed and the
Kelley
well, I liked this one loads better than the other story I read by this author. I liked the whole concept of the gods' roles in today's world and cultures. Loved that the heroine had a pet snake, which is perfectly suited for her, considering the discovery we have as to who and what she is about halfway into the book. Trust me, it'll make sense when you read it, if you haven't already. :-) I wasn't sure at first though who the hero would end up being considering how we're introduced to the two k ...more
Deanna
Oct 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is included as a short story in Draven's Poisoned Kisses book that was released in September. I love the different takes on the ancient mythology. The characters were believable and you want to read more about them. The story line was fast paced and it kept you saying "I need to read one more chapter, just one more before I go {do whatever- like laundry :(}", and then you would get to the end of the chapter and have to read one more. I can't wait to read more by this creative genius!
JoAnne Kenrick
Nov 18, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-star-rating
This was my first read by author Stephanie Draven, but not my first Nocturne Bites book, of which, typically, I enjoy. This book was no exception to the Nocturne standards. An enjoyable read from the very first line, and an interesting, unique plot drove the romance along nicely.

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out for more books from Stephanie, I liked her flow, and style.
Liz
Shelves: greek-myths
short and sweet :)
Laura Kaye
Sep 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very creative story and great inclusion of mythology into the real world.
Katrina Tremblett
Jul 27, 2011
Everett
Oct 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Broken Souls (Draicon Werewolves, #2)
  • A Vampire's Vindication  (Vampire, #3)
  • Mortal Enemy, Immortal Lover
  • Vampire's Tango (Wicked Games, #2.2)
  • Son of the Sea
  • Dragon Warrior
  • The Wolven (The Keepers Trilogy #3)
  • Renegade Angel (Hearts of the Fallen 0.4)
  • Vampire Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #3)
  • The Guardian (Nightwalkers #1)
  • The Secret Vampire Society (Secret Vampire Society, #1)
  • Mate of the Wolf (The Pack,#7)
  • Blood Secrets (Valorian Chronicles #1)
  • Rapture
  • Alpha Wolf (Alpha Force, #2)
  • The Vampire Who Loved Me (Sons of Midnight #2)
Stephanie Draven is currently a denizen of Baltimore, that city of ravens and purple night skies. She lives there with her favorite nocturnal creatures–three scheming cats and a deliciously wicked husband. And when she is not busy with dark domestic rituals, she writes her books.

Stephanie has always been a storyteller. In elementary school, she channeled Scheherazade, weaving a series of stories t
More about Stephanie Draven...

Mythica (6 books)
  • Wild, Tethered, Bound (Mythica #2)
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
  • Siren Song (Mythica #4)
  • Dark Sins and Desert Sands (Mythica #5)
  • The Fever and The Fury (Mythica #6)