Start by marking “Only in My Dreams (Halle Pumas, #5)” as Want to Read:
Only in My Dreams (Halle Pumas, #5)

Only in My Dreams

(Halle Pumas #5)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  3,040 Ratings  ·  98 Reviews
Delayed gratification has its place. This wouldn't be it.

Halle Pumas, Book 5

Gabriel Anderson has accepted a unique position in the shifter world. He's about to become a Hunter, one of the few trained and sanctioned to hunt down the rare rogue shifter dangerous to humans and shifters alike. There's one catch: until his training is complete, he must hold off on marking his m
Published November 10th 2009 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Only in My Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only in My Dreams

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
I don't know what happened. I loved all the other books in this series then I get this book and Hell to the no! Gabe was a shitty mate. I couldn't stand him. He did everything wrong and if he was my mate I would demand a refund! I felt bad for Sarah. Since I hated Gabe so much I didn't get invested in relationship so yea total disappointment!
Elspeth
Jan 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
I hated the asshole main character in this book, and I felt bad for his mate Sarah.

Reason One: In the beginning of the book he meets a man who tells him that he is Hunter, and has to leave for six months for super special training. This man he has known for all of five minutes tells him that he should not claim his mate, that he should leave her to the dreams until he can claim her when he gets back.

Reason Two: With the AWESOME advice from reason one, note the heavy use of sarcasm here, he leave
Emily
Nov 20, 2010 rated it liked it
This, the most current offering in the Halle Pumas series (before we shift over to Halle Shifters with Bear Necessities that is) is an important installment in the story, but I'll say at the onset that I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the others. Don't worry, this book is still enjoyable, and it adds important things to the series, but there were enough loose ends and elements that didn't quite add up that I can safely say that there are other installments that I enjoyed much more.

Gabe a
Michelle
Apr 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The 5th book in the Halle Puma series takes place 2 days after book 3 ends, events occuring at the same time as book 4 and afterwards.

This book focuses on Gabe and his newly discovered mate, Sarah. Unfortunately circumstances take Gabe away from Halle for 6 months before he can mark Sarah and we follow the aftermath of that decision. Lots of bad decisions, manipulation, doubts and second guesses plague the couple throughout. Throw a werefx and a human into the mix and we have a very bizarre qua
Cassandra
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! I bought this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I own the whole set!

The cover is not my style, and it definitely doesn’t let you know it is a shifter read.

This is the 5th book in the series, and it is for adults only due to the steamy content. While it isn’t mandatory to read in order, I highly recommend it because it makes it so much better!

This
Darcy
Jan 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, erotica, pnr, shifters
While I liked this one, it seemed like it was missing something. I understood Gabe's problem, here is is slated for a great job in the shifter world, but he has to put off his mate. At the start I even agreed with his waiting to mate her, but where he lost me was how he treated her when she was gone. I sided with Sarah on this one. By his actions he made it seem like Chloe was more important than she was. I liked how Sarah dealt with his suddenly showing back up, giving him a taste of his own me ...more
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
I have to say I have some mixed feelings about "Only in My Dreams" by Dana Marie Bell. This latest installment of the Halle Pumas series had its good and its bad aspects. A lot of emotion, relationship struggles, and hint of romance mixed with erotica made the base of this story between Halle Pumas Gabe and Sarah.

Gabe has just been contracted to become a Hunter for all the shifters in his region. It's the opportunity of a lifetime, only he knows that Sarah is his mate and has yet to claim her. S
Kathryn
Oct 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
The Halle Pumas series is one of my feel-good-float-away-de-stress series. I had put off reading this book based on the description of a delayed romance, with the main characters being separated for a time, as well as the mention of a friendship with another woman, all in the book blurb. I tend to dislike such stories, so much so that I skipped this book and read the first in the Halle Shifters series, which was alot of fun. So I will just admit it here, I hated Chloe and if I had known what she ...more
Maggie
Apr 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
The "misunderstanding" ruined this story for me. I found the hero's attitude troubling.
GuisBell
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bueno
Hay Gabriel que manera de complicar las cosas, pobre Sarah, tuvo que soportar a la disque amiga de Gabriel que dejaba entrever otra cosa, hay esta chica me desquiciaba con sus muestras de amistad, que complicado...
 ♥ Rainy Day Reader ♥
Author: Dana Marie Belle

A few months ago one of my Goodreads groups read Bear Necessities. At the time I didn't realize that the Halle Shifters series was a spinoff from the Halle Pumas. In Bear Necessities there is a big confusion with Chloe's cousins over who her mate is. They assume that it is Gabe the sheriff. I now understand that sooo much better now that I've read this book.

Let me just start off saying that Gabe is an idiot in this book. It also d
Mspink
Mar 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Ok, I'll start by saying that I really love this series. They are somewhat short reads and very enjoyable. I love all the characters and the author's ability to keep us updated on everyone in each story. I can see how it may branch off to other stories about neighboring packs and new characters. Gabe and Sarah's story was ultimately very sweet and romantic. However, it was unusually different from the other stories about the Halle Pumas, in that they did not really get together until the end of ...more
Thenia
The story of a couple of cat shifters who had to delay the claiming of their mate when Gabe got offered a position as a hunter for the Shifter Senate and had to go off on training for six months, leaving Sarah behind.

There is a lot of tension between the two and miscommunication, that leads to jealousy and mistrust. When Gabe eventually returns, it takes a while before the two can find their way back together.

According to the author're recommended reading order for her shifter series, the next b
Starry
Nov 05, 2011 marked it as to-read
Ashley
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
I thought that this story was a bit dragged out, and when it all did happen it was too fast. True to form, the guy should have claimed the girl before leaving, but listened to someone else and didn't (stupid). Then comes to regret it because he didn't do it. Then he has to work his ass off to make it up to her. I did like the whole dreams were actually reality thing. Sometimes I wish I could claim the same. But he hadn't even talked to her and was already going to propose? And then he did everyt ...more
Nikki
Whew! This is a hot series for sure! Gabe and Sarah are destined mates but have not mated yet. Gabe is called upon to become the region Hunter, basically he'll hunt down rogue shifters who pose threat to humans and other shifters, and will be away for like 6 months in training. Because of this, he decides (stupidly) to wait to mate with Sarah. She's saddened by this but what can ya do, right?! Anywho... lots of serious miscommunication and Sarah begins to believe Gabe is falling for the diner wa ...more
Stace
Jan 24, 2011 rated it liked it
This is probably one of my favorite of the Halle Puma series and would have easily gotten a 4 star if it had been LONGER. There was so much potential for a full length book. I would have loved to get more info on Gabriel becoming a Hunter and how Sarah spent her time while he was gone. Besides, Sarah should have been able to torture him for more than a few days after he had deserted her for months. It was a fun quick read though, and although there's not a lot of sex a few of the dreams were pre ...more
Willow Brook
Oct 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Solid short story about a puma shifter who is kept from his mate by duties as he learns to be a Hunter who goes after rogue shifters. Because of the unnatural separation from his mate, they commune in dreams. However in real life, they need to learn to trust in each other's love and faithfulness. A fun, fast story of two people/shifters building a relationship and future together, with not much else going on as far as stalkers or dominance challenges.
Lisa N
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Oh..... So I read the Halle Shifter books before these on accident right.... In those.. I loved Gabe and Chloe. After reading this book however.. I think Gabe is a complete moron and Chloe is a manipulative bitch.. If we all cant figure out why Jim thinks she is immature then whatever.. Sarah was way to forgivig in my opinion. I feel like I need to read the shifter series again and decide to hate the both of them.. Grrr!!
April
It has been a little while since I read this book but here is what I recall...

I love the series!! Yummy romance involving shifters. Plenty of steamy action and a touch of humor!

Definitely a series to get into! I started it and didn't stop until I reached the last book that was released! I am always looking for the next book!

If you like steamy shifter romances this is a series to look into!!!!
Tamara
Sep 19, 2011 rated it liked it
I give this one 3 1/2 stars. I really liked the series, but, Sarah just didn't do it for me. She was too insecure and whiny. She's the pack Omega for cripes sake (she feels everyone's emotions)and she can't tell that her mate loves her and not Chloe? As another author I like says " put on your big girl panties!"

Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
There were so many misunderstandings...I totally hated the attitude"I understand but I don't like it"she should tell him bluntly that she hated his decision...I think that would have prevented many quarrels.
Kinny
3.5 stars. Gabe was such a clueless asshole! The nerve to want to punish Sarah for HIS stupidity. I hated bratty selfish Chloe. I am glad sarah made gabe grovel. i loved the supportive friends who made Gabe realize what a moron he was.
Donna Campbell
Jul 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I was totally frustrated with Gabriel and his cluelessness about Chloe. Sarah didn't make him suffer enough, and sorry but the rest of his "friends" didn't set him straight on the mate thing?
Rossana Peña Rivera
Super sexy ya quisiera que mis sueños húmedos fueran así de precisos.
Aimee
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
tHERE WILL BE BETTER
Savannah
Feb 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF at 30%

God these characters annoyed me. I was really looking forward to this book, but the characters were the most immature I’ve ever come across.

It begins with Gabe (our hero - I use this term loosely) leaving for six months for a training trip to become a Hunter without claiming Sarah (our heroine - also termed loosely) as his mate first. He doesn’t let Sarah know until he’s already at the airport, which, rightly so, crushes poor Sarah. This is where my pity for her ends.

Sarah grew even
Lindsay
I definitely had to read this one after all the mixed reviews and I think it was my favorite so far! It's hard to believe that Gabe was so completely clueless about how he deals with his mate but I can see it happening because men never think the way that women do. I enjoyed the mild angst of the om/ow trope and evil me loved that Sarah made him suffer just a little bit. I haven't read any shifter books that deal with omega's so that was an interesting little tid bit. I think my favorite part is ...more
C. Lucy Smith
Jun 29, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Crappy

This is the exact same book as book two only with a different name!! That's crap!! This means I just spent my money on a book I already own. If you are that hard up for cash actually write a new book! Don't recycle an old one! So very very disappointed.
Romance Between The Sheets
ONLY IN MY DREAMS is sadly the final book in the Halle Pumas series, but it does set us up for the Halle Shifters spin-off series, so yay! There’s already another spin-off series, but unlike the Poconos Pack, the Halle Shifters series will take place in Halle as well, so we’ll see some of the characters from this series again.

Gabe is the town’s Sheriff and the pride’s Marshal’s Second, and Sarah is the pride’s Omega, which in this series means that she outranks him. Gabe was just about to claim
  • Outfoxed (Cougar Falls, #4)
  • Worth Fighting For (Alpine Woods Shifters, #4)
  • Hunting Love
  • Serengeti Lightning (Serengeti Shifters, #3)
  • Wolf Flight (Granite Lake Wolves #2)
  • Leif's Surrender (Roxie's Protecters, #3)
  • The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4)
  • The Geek Job
  • You're Lion (Ridgeville, #2)
Dana Marie Bell wrote her first short story when she was thirteen years old. She attended the High School for Creative and Performing Arts for creative writing, where freedom of expression was the order of the day. When her parents moved out of the city and placed her in a Catholic high school for her senior year she tried desperately to get away, but the nuns held fast, and she graduated with hon ...more

Halle Pumas (9 books)
  • The Wallflower (Halle Pumas, #1)
  • Sweet Dreams (Halle Pumas, #2)
  • Cat Of A Different Color (Halle Pumas, #3)
  • The Ornament: Max and Emma (Ornament, #1)
  • The Ornament: Simon and Becky (Ornament, #2)
  • The Ornament: Adrian and Sheri (Ornament, #3)
  • Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4; Poconos Pack, #0.4)
  • Little Red (Halle Pumas, #4.5; Poconos Pack #0.5)
“Hey, I can shop. You hunt down your purchase, club it to death with a credit card and drag it out of the store, right?” 1 likes