Start by marking “Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)

Kiss of Crimson

(Midnight Breed #2)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  37,491 ratings  ·  1,244 reviews
He comes to her more dead than alive, a towering black-clad stranger riddled with bullets and rapidly losing blood. As she struggles to save him, veterinarian Tess Culver is unaware that the man calling himself Dante is no man at all, but one of the Breed, vampire warriors engaged in a desperate battle. In a single erotically charged moment Tess is plunged into his world—a ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 387 pages
Published May 29th 2007 by Dell (first published 2007)

·  37,491 ratings  ·  1,244 reviews

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 Destine Stars

I was glad to see that on this second time around, I still really loved Kiss of Crimson. Dante was just as sexy as I remembered. Chase was just as yummy. This book had some great action, some smokin' hot smexy time, and some very yummy warriors all rolled into one awesome read. Dante and Tess had a great connection. Tess had trust issues and Dante was in fear of the visions he has been seeing his whole life. Both were not looking for a relationship let alone love but they were
Jilly
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
"I don't want to feel anything for you, Dante."

"God, Tess, I don't want to feel anything for you either."

Now, that's a relationship. Built on mutual disdain for feelings. I'm hooked!

aw, that's the nicest thing you've ever given me!

So, in this book, we get Vishous Dante's story. He has terrible visions of the future. Ahem...

While out one night, fighting the enemy, he gets shot a bunch of times and ends up at a veterinary clinic where the doctor helps him. *cough*

And, then he erases her memory
Floripiquita
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Segunda entrega de esta entretenida serie, que cada vez me está gustando más pero que me sigue recordando mucho a la Hermandad de la daga negra. Este segundo libro está protagonizado por Dante y Tess, cuya historia de amor me ha gustado pero no emocionado.

Me he quedado intrigada con el personaje de Sterling Chase, pero ¡¡he visto que no tiene su propia historia hasta el libro número 10!! A ver qué me deparan los anteriores.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
2011 reread: Edited to 5 stars because DANTE IS SEXY AS HELL!!

Kiss of Crimson is another solid read by author Lara Adrian. Dante's story is one of intense passion and love. The chemistry between Dante and Tess is instant and electrifying. From the moment they meet, it is clear from the beginning that they are meant for each other. Adrian does an amazing job at telling Dante's story.

I found that I instantly liked Tess the moment she was introduced. As a private practiced vet, she seems to have m
Sophia Triad
Breed warrior Dante
Special ability: Having visions of the future
Age: Around 240 years old

Breed mate Tess
Special ability: Heal or kill through touch
Occupation: Veterinarian
Mark place: Right hand, between fore finger and thumb

Settings: Boston

I loved Dante and Tess together. He is like the ultimate bad boy in leather (called the Stallion), and she is a loner, completely dedicated to her work independent woman. The book is a real page-turner. I read it in one go.

What we learn in this book:
-W
Denisa
Yup yup, everyone liked it.

Well, I can't say that I didn't but... I expected a bit more from it, to be frank.
I've read this story numerous times. I don't want something original, but I want the characters to be a bit different than the rest. Or the friend-characters to be special. Or the writing style. Or even the names to have something special (Ok, Dante, the main male character, is also from Italy (the 18th century though), that was a nice touch, but I'm selfish like that, I wanted more).

So
Eastofoz
Feb 25, 2008 rated it it was ok
This book was a dud. It was boring, there is tons and tons of filler that detracts from the "romance", there are too many clichés and stereotypical romance story moments and it's still too similar in my opinion to JR Ward's Black Dagger Brother Hood series--the difference there being that Ward's is top notch.

The love story between Dante and Tess is not well developed and the vampire world story takes up too much "space" between the brief times the couple make it back together again. Nothing rea
Crystal~BIG book addict~
3.5 Crimson Stars
AJ
I feel so dirty saying this, but I am loving this series! The BDB similarities continue unabashedly, but I can’t not read it.

The second book in the Midnight Breed series tells the story of Dante and Tess. Dante is yet another hot, broody vampire (aren't they all? *dreamy sigh*). Viciously wounded, he is found late one night by Tess, our very likeable heroine, who tries to help him and ends up as a blood source. Too late into the piece, Dante discovers that Tess is actually a breedmate and by dr
Shawna
5 stars - Vampire Romance

Great second installment in the wicked good Breed series. I loved the Breed warrior Dante...he is dark, sexy, sweet, and romantic. The relationship between he and Tess is well developed. I love this series!
Mysticnox
Dante por mucho guerrero que sea y demuestre su bravura, tiene un gran corazón. Y aunque me ha gustado mucho, prefiero a Lucan, el vampiro de la primera entrega de esta saga.
Voy a buscar el 3 libro...
Mojca
Okay, I'll get some heat for this, but though I'm not particularly fond of Kiss of Midnight (the first book in this series), this one was worse. It was slow, extremely déjà vu-ish in parts, I disliked the heroine, could never really warm up to the hero, it was slightly repetitive, etc. I could go on and on, but I'll be concise. It lacked substance to me for some reason, it was generic, and bland, while I expected more from the second book in a series, after the whole world-building is done. Unfo ...more
Delta
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of Midnight Breed series
First read Jan 29-30, 2015
Second time read Oct 3-4, 2015
 B.E.Love
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**re-read, not sure how many times I have read this book** I love this series
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Very good book. I am liking this series more and more. The thing that I like most about this series is the interesting mythology and world-building behind the vampires. It's very dark and gritty, and the violence is in your face when it comes to humans being harmed and murdered. I think that part is almost too much for me. I love a book with intense action and a dark edge, but I do hate to see innocent people dying, and this series has a lot of that.

I didn't really find Dante or Tess very tragic
Isa Lavinia
If I'd read this years ago, back when it came out, I'm sure I would have loved it. However my taste has evolved and this whole thing seemed extremely formulaic and boring.

Oh well, read it at the wrong time in my life :/

Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review

Summary
Dante, a member of the breed warriors, is out on a night of hunting rogues. Through a series of events, he ends up chasing a rogue, a rogue that is more dangerous than any he has encountered. Harder to kill, suffering from a  bloodlust madness that even regular rogues don't even suffer from. He ends up being shot and he comes across a veterinarian doctor, Tess, who he realizes after the fact of creating a bond to her, that she
Ira
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

A typical bunch of brotherhood’s story. You can change typical with vampires, shifters, Demons, Angels etc! In other word, nothing special but it wasn’t boring either.

Since, I listen audiobook version, I can do other stuff at the same time too, so that’s good:)
Many compares this series with BDB, well I don’t like that series, I forced myself to finished book #1 to see what is all about and hated it. That book made me allergic with vampire’s story and avoided them for years.

This one sl
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
3.5 Stars

This is the second in the Midnight Breed series and this time it focuses on Dante, a dark and intense warrior that you meet in the first book and Dr Tess Culver, a vet, they meet accidently (or maybe in a twist of fate) when Dante stumbles into her clinic injured after being attacked by a strange Rogue, he is in need of blood and doesn’t see her Breedmate mark until too late.

I thought this book was an improvement on the first in the series, found the story more engaging and also the cha
Panichaya
May 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
...Yeah...emmmm...I skipped Kiss of Midnight and read this one first...and the reason is only because I...ah...like Dante's name!!! (There, I admitted it >_<)

But I absolutely adore him. Dante's love for Tess is so strong and I love the whole "little beast Harvard" thing >_<

Well, there is this one little tiny part that I don't like about Tess though...(Though I understand that there will be times when the heroine will act...annoyingly...annoying =_=')...Okay, here goes (please cover y
Christel
Mar 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lara-adrian
This to me was better than the first book, but you do have to read them in order. If you do not you will be kinda of lost as to what is going on. But it is still a really good book.
Stephanie*
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!
Claire
4 solid stars

I liked this book more than the first in this series. Both MCs worked better for me individually AND as a couple, and the pace of the story was faster and never dragging both on the plot and the romance sides.
Definitely going on with the series.
BleuBelle
So I re-read this after 5 years and this was a mistake. My rating went from 5 stars to 1. So, yeah.

I didn't like the Hero. Such a manwhore. After biting and drinking blood from the Heroine (which saved his life!) he saw her tattoo that marked her as a special woman, whom he now was bound to. Eternally. He then wipes her memories. Hero doesn't want or need a woman in his life. And instead of protecting her (she and her kind were hunted by the bad guys and respected and protected by the good guys)
Zeek
Feb 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: favorites-pnr, pnr
Dante is part of an elite cadre of warriors whose job it is to keep rogue members of his vampire race in check. When a night out on the town goes awry, he finds himself at Tess Culver's place of business- wounded and in dire need of blood.

Tess has no idea the type of creature that has broken into her veterinary clinic, but she knows he needs help. In one stunning erotic, moment, her life turns upside down, linking her to the stranger for all eternity.

Dante wants to forget the beautiful stranger
Adrienne
Apr 05, 2009 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this second book in the Midnight Breeds series. The story focus's on Dante (breed warrior)and Tess a Vetinarian Breed mate who despite having otherworldly abilities knows nothing of the world for which she was born. So whilst Dante hunts a Drug pusher whose noxious creation is sending good vamps bad, he meets up with Tess who unwittingly becomes involved in the action. At first unwilling to believe the tall stories she beleives Dante is spinning, Tess finally sees the depth of Dantes l ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
I am reading this series again...and enjoying it as much as the first time.

The 2nd book in the Midnight Breed Series and we get Dante's story.

I really like the world that the author has built..the idea of a race that arrived in this planet thousands of years ago and becoming vampires.

Dante & Tess are likeable characters and I enjoyed reading their story.

Also looking forward to the stories of the characters that have been introduced.

Booklover Butterfly
After confronting and being outnumbered by a group of deadly Rogues, Dante is left full of bullets and in need of blood. In a search or a host to feed from, Dante encounters veterinarian Tess Culver and bites her out of desperation to survive. Once he has fed and regained some strength, Dante realizes that Tess is a Breedmate and that by feeding from her he’s just performed half of a sacred bonding ritual. Dante and Tess feel a deep attraction to one another, and Dante knows he must bring Tess i ...more
Alisha
Mar 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of alpha-male vampire heros
Quick Take: A solid sequel that seems to outdo its predecessor. There's a lot of well-crafted action and intrigue here; this series now has my full attention.

Ah, so here we have the second entry in the Midnight Breed series, a collection of books which is oft compared to another series with some similar themes--it starts with a B and a D and a B--but I'll not make any further mention of such since the MB series does deserve to be considered in its own right.

Those that are already interested in t
HELP!! need to find another series! 5 26 Oct 30, 2018 06:16PM
Turning Pages At ...: Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed #2) (PNR Buddy Read) by Lara Adrian 19 9 Feb 19, 2018 08:07AM
Who did you cast in each role? 10 64 May 15, 2014 08:45AM
  • Darkness Everlasting (Guardians of Eternity, #3)
  • Taken by the Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #3)
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)
  • Possess Me at Midnight (Doomsday Brethren, #3)
  • Dark Need (Darkyn #3)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Unleashing the Storm (ACRO, #2)
  • Eternal Kiss (Mark of the Vampire, #2)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
LARA ADRIAN is a New York Times and #1 internationally best-selling author with nearly 4 million books in print and digital worldwide and translations licensed to more than 20 countries. Her books have been named among Amazon’s Top Ten Romances of the Year, and have also been nominated by readers multiple times as finalists for the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Romance of the Year. Reviewers hav ...more

Midnight Breed (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed,  #1)
  • Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7)
  • Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #8)
  • Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9)
  • Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10)
  • Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11)
“I want to kiss you again, Tess.”
“Why?”
He chuckled, low under his breath. “Why? Because you’re beautiful, and because I want you. And I think you want me too.”
92 likes
“It's the other part I'm not so sure about. You got any advice for me on that, Lucan?"
"Sure." The vampire grunted, his smile filled with dark amusement. "Dust off your knees, brother, because you may damn well end up walking on them before the night is through.”
65 likes