Start by marking “Chill Factor” as Want to Read:
Chill Factor

Chill Factor

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  15,685 Ratings  ·  1,010 Reviews
Romantic suspense abounds in this gripping new thriller from New York Times bestselling author Sandra Brown, in which a successful magazine editor is trapped in her remote cabin with a man believed to be a serial killer.

Cleary, North Carolina, is a sleepy mountain town—the kind of place where criminal activity is usually limited to parking violations. Not so, lately. Four
Published August 16th 2005 by Simon Schuster (first published 2005)

◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
4 stars

Another great novel by Sandra Brown.

This book combines two elements that I love: trapped-in-a-blizzard romance and a small town mystery.

Love, love cabin romances.

There’s something magical about them. On the one hand, they give me that cozy feeling of being indoors cuddled under the duvet while it snows outside. On the other hand, I love the tension and the slow build-up of the romantic relationship in a confined space (without technology, ow/om drama, manwhoring habits and other cliché
♥Sharon♥
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 I was so confused stars....

Sandra Browns writing never fails to lure me into the story. With equal doses of suspense and mystery she also has the ability to weave in a certain level of sex appeal in way that creates anticipation and when the moments happen….

photo chillfactor_zps78605c38.jpg

Let me start by saying this one drove me a little batty. It was fantastic of course but for the first 60% or so my thoughts were spinning in so many different directions that I my little brain was about to explode.

Where to begin with th
Mo
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Four women have disappeared from Cleary over the past two years. And there's always a blue ribbon left near the spot where each of the women was last seen. There are no bodies, no other clues, and no suspicion as to who their abductor might be. And now, another woman has disappeared without a trace. Lilly Martin, a successful magazine editor is trapped in her remote cabin with a man believed to be a serial killer. Is Ben Tierney the feared abductor? Or is he who he claims to be...her rescuer
Suzanne
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seems I have broken my audio drought, as wholeheartedly the two main characters with very cool names - Lilly and Tierney - survived their blizzard and crazy circumstances.

This romantic thriller (what a great combo this is) was good, perhaps a tad drawn out, but good none the less.

Awesome narration. Was his voice as sexy as Tierney was built up to be?! Perhaps. But such a good voice to spend some hours with on my work commute.

I feel at home with this author, she will deliver. It was too long, b
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Reviewed at: Cross My Heart Writings and Reviews

Like most Sandra Brown books, Chill Factor is high on suspense and rich in details with a setting that plays intricately into the story.  The list of possible “who-done-it” candidates is laden with red herrings and the stakes are high.  Like the road that snakes up the mountainside where Lilly Martin finds herself stranded in a cabin during a blizzard, the plot is twisted with s-turns and roadblocks.  If only she had headed down right behind her ex
Cheri
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap on a cracker! Ms. Brown can definitely spin a tale. As many books as I have read by her, I am always amazed at her writings. She blew my mind again with this novel. I just knew who the culprit was but I was wrong...over and over again! So many little mysteries inside one big mystery. I loved this book! If you are a true fan of SB, and have never read this one, then grab a copy and enjoy!
Ingela
Review written April 25, 2016

4 1/2 Stars - Thrilling good romantic (snowy) crime

I haven't listened to a Sandra Brown story since August. (Months flies!) Gosh, I have been missing her always so very enjoying romantic crime stories. — This time (my tenth) is it Chill Factor. First published 2005, here the 13:26 hrs audiobook (excellent) narrated by Stephen Lang.

photo image.jpg2_zps0azoxreu.jpg

...and I'm breathless.

*******************************************

«4 women have disappeared from Cleary over the past 2 years. — ...the g
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
 photo 5ae020b0bd3ce802ee52bdb758d240be_zpsvpc0wnc6.jpg

5 Chilling Stars!!

Sandra Brown is one of my top "go-to" author's when I'm in the mood for a great mystery suspense that will keep me guessing and on the edge of my seat, and SB manages to add just the right amount of romance to keep the characters connected and the reader enthralled.

In the town of Cleary in North Carolina, four women are missing, and presumed dead. The town has a serial killer (The Blue Ribbon Killer) on the loose, and as the story unfolds, as usual with a SB novel there are
Karen
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS
[image error]  photo 0008b800-6fd2-4af3-9c23-26d7f567a54b.jpg

"Torrie Lambert vanished as though the ground had opened up and swallowed her. Not a trace of her has been found... except for a blue velvet ribbon."

WOW!!!! Loved this one!!! A classic who-done-it psychological thriller with a bit of romance mixed in. This one kept me on the edge of my seat… and the build up had me suspecting EVERYONE. Fabulous writing.

[image error]  photo 39D5AEAF-CFEE-4AFD-B9D0-E58242833DFA.jpg

The town was Cleary, located in the remote mountains of North Carolina. And it was about to experience th
Mindy
WOW!! That ending!! Just when I thought I figured it out, BOOM another twist, another suspicious person, another important fact!
 photo thatssotrue_1555_1330065847_zpsb606729f.gif
It all starts with Lilly & Tierney trapped by a record breaking storm, is he a serial killer or her fresh start in a new life? THIS BOOK is THRILLER/ROMANCE at its best!! Loved the setting, the descriptive writing, attention to details and it read just like a movie! Definitely a re-read for me.
 photo cabininthewoodsinsnow_zpsef6f7daf.jpg
 photo 92396b28ffa67fed9967675f6577c24d_zps2b857573.jpg
 photo thatisgenius_zps0bb3c621.gif
Sanda Brown Super...: Chill Factor 1 13 Jul 29, 2014 04:44PM
  • Hidden
  • Obsession
  • Death Angel
  • Take A Look At Me Now
  • Killer Takes All (Stacy Killian, #2)
  • Still Waters
  • Into the Storm (Troubleshooters, #10)
  • Count to Ten (Romantic Suspense, #6; Chicago, #5)
  • Waking Evil (Mindhunters, #2)
  • Whispers and Lies
  • Alma Rebelde
  • Carnal Innocence
  • O Funeral da Nossa Mãe
  • The Hunt (Predator Trilogy, #2)
  • Killer Dreams
  • Our Wicked Mistake (Notorious Bachelors, #2)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy
More about Sandra Brown...
“A double-minded man is unsure in all his ways.” 6 likes