Start by marking “F.U. Money: Make As Much Money As You Want And Live Your Life As You Damn Well Please!” as Want to Read:

Are you TIRED of the RAT RACE? Do you wish you had MORE TIME and MORE MONEY? Would you like to NEVER WORK AGAIN?

If you answered “YES!”, then you need to look no further than Dan “The Man” Lok’s new book - F.U. MONEY.

If you have ever thought to yourself:

How come I have to keep back to this DEAD-END JOB? How can I make enough money to afford to STOP WORKING and START
Published August 15th 2009 by Advantage Media Group (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about F.U. Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about F.U. Money

Start your review of F.U. Money: Make As Much Money As You Want And Live Your Life As You Damn Well Please!
Henrik Haapala
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wealth
Fu money = point of true financial liberation

Myths:
• Money can’t buy happiness
• Rich people are assholes
• You can afford to wait
• You have to be lucky
• You have to be a cheapskate
• You have to get rich slow
• You have to work hard to make money
• You have to be perfectly ready
• DIG: daily income goal:
Are we making more money today?
What’s the most efficient use of my time right now?
What’s the payoff of this activity?
What objectives do I want to accomplish?
What must I do to
Ivica
Oct 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
One of the worst books I've ever read. Dan is copying another famous (worth reading, unlike him) copywriters and authors.
I'm really sorry for people like Dan because they have sick ego and they are not aware of it at all. He probably wrote this book just to leave some trace in this world not thinking about quality at all.
If someone reads this book after all, just don't get mad because you've lost some precious time reading about his braggings and glorifying his ego.

If you ask me, this book and
Kevin Calhoun
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nothing really new here, and no fresh content or ideas. I'll sum up the entire book here: Make lots of money online so that you can tell people to FU! Sign up for my website (Dan Lok)
Luis
Apr 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: waste-of-time
I like Lok's videos, but this book.... What a shame
But he has some cool advices that he wrote:
"Money is replaceable. Time is NOT. The seconds you used up reading this paragraph are gone forever. You can't get them back."

and 5 pages later "I absolutely hate it when people waste my time. It's worse than stealing money from me." and then repeats the first quote... The same way he does the entire book.

Unfortunately this book is only Dan bragging and a massive ego trip.
A huge funnel to make you buy
Ali
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very honest book about the path to become rich! the last last chapter to me was more like a biography, which some of them he mention in YouTube, but a little more in detail. Overall it was a very good book, but you must tolerate the swearing and rough language! The contents are the gold after all!
Ahmed Nacher
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the best book for people who keep jumping from one business to another. This is a must read for any entrepreneur.

FU Money Book Summary : *Spoiler Alert*

Part 1: The F.U. Money Lifestyle

Most people don’t do what they really want to do. They do what someone else wants them to do.

You can’t hit a target you can’t see.

Two proven ways to make your f.u. money:

1. The Slow Way: Build a Big Nest Egg

2. The FAST Way: Automated Income Vehicles

Forget Passive Income

Plain and simple: it doesn’t work.

Brendan Barrett
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
A classic rags-to-riches story, who doesn't love that?

Listened to the audiobook and it was hilarious to me. Dan Lok came from nothing, produced a life he wanted, and basically doesn't work at all. I think this is what makes his story and message unique. He can do more with his business and make more money if he wants to, but he's basically touching it an hour a week and then going off and doing other things.

To create a personal ATM as such is a dream, that is possible because there's actually
Adam
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dan's Asian voice is a recipe for turning words into cash. Outsourcing is a key to scale. Love his Daily income goal and how he breaks down the value of time.

Nuggets of Truth:
I'm a high paid slave trading hours for dollars
Health wealth and the time to enjoy it Spanish proverb
If you had to start again would you buy your own business from you?
I prefer cash in one place...my pocket
It's one thing to amke money and it's another to make money and operate on your own terms
People fail because of broken
Lesego
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the way Dan Lok's voice comes alive from the text in the pages. There is such an honesty about this book and they way it is compiled.

There are some principles that are known as standard in the business world within this book, but there are some gems and nuggets of counter intuitive nuanced principles that flip the status quo on its head. I think these are the things that stand out from this book. Dan Lok really gives a different perspective on the so called "tried and tested through time"
Pang Khong yun
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The author Dan Lok is the real life successful entrepreneur who had applied the 80/20 principle in his life. It is intriguing as the author speak through his self-experience in the book with a non-descriptive but conversational way. The steps to wealthy in Dan Lok way 1)have at least one high income skill(invest ourselves through books, seminars, workshops) 2)Identify the market (do marketing-research on what people want to buy) 3)operate a scalable business( start with low risk business and ...more
Adi Prata
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not much teaching about opportunities you can take, mostly in this book consist of backstory and also psychology understanding of business and money, yet this book contains contradictions Have to be improve on points and teach people how to analyze their financial conditions and also options they can take to grow their money. All these points given from Dan isn't really much practical especially ignoring to learn or do if you don't like to do it. Other hand his Youtube channel is more enriching ...more
Eugenie
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book (: rather motivating.. Helped me to breakdown how much my ideal lifestyle money should be annually and I was much less then I expect.. I thought that I'll need like billions and millions but it wasn't (: I think it'd definitely achievable. I look forward to a great life ahead.
Keshav Bhatt
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dan Lok is the marketer & salesman of the moment. In large part due to a well oiled marketing blitz on the social/influencer channels I follow. I got his book free through one of those ads, and having seen (& most importantly tested out) some of his sales techniques already, I knew the book would be useful. Similar to his HTC program, the initial part of this book is a lot of work on unpicking money myths & shifting the reader's mindset.

I really enjoyed his style, as well as hearing
Tiffany Smith
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got a free download of this book from Dan Lok's website.
I really enjoyed his frankness and speaking voice. He is very direct and has a no nonsense approach. At first I thought I wouldn't like him because of that, but he is very personable and there is something in his delivery that makes him likable.
The last 20-30 pages of the book were the best and delivered the most meat. I kept hoping that he would share his personal story in detail with exactly how he started, and he did. If I were
Ronald
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
An extremely entertaining book that doesn’t give a damn about what you think. It’s colorful and cursing language was succinct and to the point. I liked the F. U. Style of the book, as it does match with the persona he creates.

Instead of calling it financial freedom, Lok calls it F. U. Money, which is a clever and memorable way of thinking about money. The idea is basically making so much god damn money that you can say “fuck you” to your boss, the haters, and literally anyone else. That is one
Ian Connel
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow.

I'm going to start with the only flaw in this book. Dan puts forth his worldview - as everyone does - and it assumes that you have to see yourself as exceptional, and others implied as inferior - for being a business and marketing genius. I know another guy like that. He brings his "superiority" in at unexpected times. The only possible explanation is that he has some insecurity around people with less than him.

I don't understand how people like that can't just be happy that they're rich,
Ben
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
In reading this book, it is straight forward in delivering its point. The Multimillionaire, Dan Lok, is forward in his information as he states his series of "Lokisms" and gives scenarios of failure and success. The Lokisms define the mindset needed to over come many of the self defeating and misleading perspectives that can hinder business growth. As Dan Lok illustrates his steps into growing and maintaining a business, he also encourages acting immediately to plan and work for your goals on a ...more
Alejandro Revilla Young
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I love Dan Lok but if you have been following his media on youtube and Instagram then this book will sound very familiar to what he teaches on a daily basis. It starts with the high-income skill, then the leverage of your work, then creating a business and then investing. I get it. And there were some surprises on certain chapters and things that shocked me, but this is the book is for people that already know what their strength is or are in absolute need for change. Dan is one of those people ...more
John
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: useful, favorites
I like that it was an honest straight to the point book. He says it how it is.

Although most of it is from his own experience and opinion only, and most of it is not original, it does what it was intended to do - it gives a no nonsense guide about his perspective and strategy around making more money and creating more personal freedom.

He admits that it's just his perspective, that there are more ways to do it, that you don't have to agree, and that it's not original. This is what I loved most
Mike
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
F.U. Money is a book by Dan Lok on increasing wealth and managing lifestyle. The book is broken up into three parts - Money lifestyle, money myths, and money mindset. Dan takes an anti-traditionalist view on building wealth and an authentic “in your face” delivery of the material presented. He manages to bridge the gap between personal finance and business in an easy to digest way. You won’t enjoy this book if you struggle with tough love or cursing (neither bother me personally). I read quite a ...more
Angélique Roux
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this!

I know some people get pretty bent up over the grammar and spelling errors, but the content is pure gold! It has shifted my mindset around my business so much and given me confidence and a concrete plan of how to move ahead. What stood out to me the most was what he said about profit margins, personality driven marketing, and all the criteria that a business needs in order to be successful and sustainable. He warns us against the lows every business will experience, along with a bunch
Shakti Chauhan
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dan Lok is powerful and precise.

F.U. Money introduces the idea I feel strongly about: First and foremost, strive to make enough money to be able to do what so ever you please and want with your time, i.e. to be able to F.U. to whoever you want. This, freedom needs to be earned, to BE AUTHENTIC. And that is the highest form of freedom.

Dan Lok offers stories from his life and lessons that I found valuable. The exercises in the book are extremely powerful. The reader will only realise this upon
wijit wongboboon
Man, this is one of the best book I have ever read.

I highly recommend to all teenagers or all graduate student s to read. I can tell that by reading this book the author wrote this book out of his own experience. He really experienced it himself, he didn't make up the story.

I just would like to say thank you very much to Dam Lok for sharing your knowledge with us. The money that I paid for this book is a thousand times definitely worth it.

I have started following your YouTube channel now.
Timeo Williams
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lol, the title says it all.

Look, Dan Lok ain't your ordinary dude. And he knows it.

He may appear brash/cocky, but I do appreciate the fact that he owns it and will give a justifying reason for it.

And you'll be hard pressed to debate the statements he's saying. If every individual did have FU money, would they be working at the same jobs they're currently employed at?

His perspective on time and money is wisdom. This idea of delegating lower level tasks in exchange for more time to pursue what
Rai Keyri
Jun 03, 2018 is currently reading it
Much teachings of the book, I already read in The Circle of Profit ebook but not much details about the funnel system and back-end sales. Some business tips and some quotes from financial books. The difference: the author teaches to concentrate on one niche of business at first and create multiple products to sell there or multiple sources of income instead of many niches which will be overwhelming. It's ok to have many niches in business if you already master it like he did. He also said that ...more
Rex Wei
See, in school my teacher made us read Horatio Alger's Ragged Dick. But she should've also asked us to read books like these so that we could compare how two people front different times, but similar social circumstances, would move up in society.

The book is of course insufferable to read but weirdly entertaining. But Dan did warn you in the Preface.

The book is clearly a big sales pitch. In the end, if there is criticism about the book being a sales pitch, then the reader has not learned the
Sam
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A shot in the arm. Fresh perspective on what a business is and should be. I didn't think I'd agree with all of it, but in fairness he knows his stuff - every point is well-argued and based on prior experience. This isn't an academic book and it's not one of those cringeworthy self-help books. It's written by a guy who has been in the trenches and has learned by doing, and who genuinely has something to offer. I found it really enjoyable, uplifting and exciting - it made me want to keep going at ...more
Anne Nagasaki
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a breath of fresh air. You want the ultimate lifestyle? The holidays, the beach pad, the nice car, the life? Dan lok breaks it down so you can work towards this goal and not just dream about it. Since then, I've made sure I go on holidays 4 times a year, purchase a luxury car, boost my business revenue and enjoy the finer things in life. What I got from it is when you save a penny, it's still just a penny! Focus on your high income skill and it will pay for your ultimate lifestyle.
Frank Ooko Opiyo
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Here comes the tough love from Dan Lok the man. For a while now I've been following his work on YouTube, and I have liked him and his books as well. This book also presents his business ideologies. It dismisses the crap we have been sold to of going to school, getting a job and retiring old. Dan wants you to build the empire now and retire early.

If You're not open minded enough and hate correction then this book is not for you. However, for someone who dreams of doing it big, then this has got
Joy Sigua
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
In my own opinion, I like how real and honest and straight to the point this book gets and I think it may be helpful... But there are some things I do not personally agree with. Like when Dan Lok said, "Money is the root of all good."
It is not. There are people who are genuinely happy with their life having enough to go by and being with their family and friends. With that said, I do believe that being rich as he said can give you TIME... Time you can spend with what matters most to you, which
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Scientific Advertising
  • The Millionaire Booklet
  • Millionaire Success Habits: The Gateway To Wealth & Prosperity
  • The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • SELL LIKE CRAZY: How to Get As Many Clients, Customers and Sales As You Can Possibly Handle
  • The Boron Letters
  • Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life
  • The 10 Pillars of Wealth: Mind-Sets of the World's Richest People
  • DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
  • The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime!
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Your First 100 Million
  • Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
  • If You're Not First, You're Last: Sales Strategies to Dominate Your Market and Beat Your Competition
  • Way of the Wolf: Become a Master Closer with Straight Line Selling
  • The Richest Man in Babylon
  • Rocket Fuel: The One Essential Combination That Will Get You More of What You Want from Your Business
“Remember, people don’t buy from you because they understand what you sell—they buy from you because they feel understood.” 5 likes
“A penny saved is still just a fucking penny.” 2 likes