Start by marking “Lessons From A Younger Lover” as Want to Read:
Lessons From A Younger Lover

Lessons From A Younger Lover

Zuri Day cranks up the heat with an explosively sexy tale about a woman who's about to get a crash course in lust. . .

First grade teacher Gwen Smith was happily married--until her husband got himself a twenty-something mistress and filed for divorce. Now just months away from turning forty-one, Gwen is back in her tiny California hometown, caring for her ailing mother, con
Published March 1st 2010 by Dafina (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Lessons From A Younger Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons From A Younger Lover

Skai
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was good I really liked me some Ransom. But this book also made me mad. I had so many mix emotions reading this book. Lol I couldn't stand Ransom brother and baby mama specially his brother . All that happened was his freaking fault. And in the end he still ain't get what he wanted to stupid fool.

Karmas a Mother ain't it!
Ceej
Aug 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
I am not giving this book three stars because I didn't like it. I truly enjoyed it and, as my first read by Day, that keeps it from being a two.

The premise of the story is easy to identify with, especially being a forty year old divorcee. It's also right in line with the age of the "cougar". The book has everything - friendship, lunacy, romance and hot erotic sex. Gwen is a woman who needs to be taken out of her comfort zone to learn it's okay to lose control every now and again. Returning to h
Kim
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. This is my 2nd time reading it, and I remembered trying to imagine what Ransom looked like with that gorgeous long hair and body, and I felt myself imagining this again this time around. Gwen was your typical soon to be frigid divorcee, but her chance meeting with Ransom (14yrs her senior) really opened herself up to a whole new world intimately. The drama with Adam at times was a little over the top, and I could have probably done without it, but all of the Gwen/Rans ...more
D.lee
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I truly liked this story. Gwen is a 40 yrs old woman whose husband recently divorced her to be with a younger woman. Gwen moves back home to help her mother is suffering from dementia. In the process of settling in, she literally runs into Ransom.
Ransom is a 26 yrs old single father, who also happens to be the younger half brother of old classmate Adam Johnson (who also happens be the principal at the school she teaches at). It's instant attraction, between Gwen and Ransom, but Gwen wants no par
Shavonna Futrell
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was filled Drama, scandals and a true love story. Gwen is going through a divorce after being married for 10 years, she decides to move back home to take care of her mother when she meets the young and fine Mr. Ransom. A touching love story where the teacher becomes the student.
Ifayet
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Talk about a venn diagram of a love triangle! Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. Let's put it this way, every woman needs a Ransom!
CaroMommie
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
The characters in this story are extremely flat. You know Ransom is a hunk, but he just doesn’t leap off the pages.

The chemistry and heat was a flop also. The supporting cast are more keystone cops than anything else. More props than substance.

Now. Don’t let Ms. Day’s first books be the decider of her talent, because her ‘Drakes Of California’ series is absolutely phenomenal.
Francesca-LoSefina Gordon
Jan 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Pleasant...
Tallulah A. Scribbles
May 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly. – proverb

When "Lessons From A Younger Lover" opens, the world as Gwen Smith knew it has fallen apart. Little does she know that a whole new world is about to open for her after she literally bumps into a life-changing force outside of Kristy’s coffee shop – in the form of 26 year-old Ransom Blake. They both feel the sparks of interest. The rocky start continues when Gwen later tells Ransom off for bothering her on her j
Shamekia
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
Meh. I ordinarily don't finish books this terrible, but for some reason I had to finish this one, even though I knew exactly how it would end. Some books are just funny that way huh?

This was such a soap opera! You've got the obvious hero, lady in distress, and villain up front and center. The jealous catty women side characters and the sassy best friend. YAWN. Some of the sex scenes between Gwen and Ransom were were pretty hot, but not enough of them to carry the whole book. Oh and can we talk
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Drama, Romance, Mischief

Joe, Adam, Ransom. . . could one woman really have three men to choose from? One shows he is not trust worthy. One is slimy and self-absorbed. One is too young, but then again age is only a number. One heart and soul can be infinitely older. Gwen goes through it all.

Gwen got herself a lot more than a crash course in the lessons of lust. She got herself in on the lesson of a lifetime. Ransom is a very eager teacher and has more lessons to teach the beautiful woman he liter
LadyCalico
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
What a waste, so much of this story was really sweet, romantic, and well-written, then it would deteriorate into the trashy. It was like this book had a dual personality disorder and the author could not make up her mind what she wanted it to be--a sweet, sexy romance or cheesy, trite erotica. At some places she went for quality and other places soiled the quality with sleaze. It would have been so much better if the author had gotten over her identity conflict and decided if she wanted to be cl ...more
Shanae
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Though a little text heavy at times and a bit confusing, I enjoyed Lessons From A Younger Lover. I wasn't thrilled with the description of Ransom, as others were, just because I found his appearance a bit dated. And I always hate these books where the hot guy likes the average, inexperienced chick (lol). Anyway, the story had some unexpected twists and turns for me, which made it all the more intriguing, but led to some of the confusion I had. I recommend this one for the sunny beach days ahead.
Shelby P
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I got this story back in September 2010 for free and am just getting around to reading it. I was pleasantly surprised and truly enjoyed the story. I really enjoyed how Ransom respected Gwen's wishes to remain faithful until her divorce was final. The lessons he taught her were HOT!

The scheming by Adam, Carol, Joanne, and Brea was ok to read because I knew they would not get away with it. I'm happy with the HEA.

I'm going to have to try what Ranson and Gwen did with that champagne glass. I'd drink
Tracey
I had originally gave this book 4 stars but I'm knocking off one because this book is a tad bit ridiculous. I still loved the melodrama and characters but it's just too much. It makes me question whether I'll like other Zuri Day books as much as I used to. Either way, this way a fun romance read and I was more than happy to reread it for book club. I couldn't get a good image of Ransom in my head but I had no problems connecting with Gwen. She's a likable protagonist and I'm glad she got her hap ...more
SℓιM
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
Wow, I definitely enjoyed this book. I liked Ransom. He was more of a Man than his half-brother and bad enough he was younger than his brother. That's why I say sometimes older men are more immature than younger. I'm glad this book had a happy ending. Karma is definitely a B-word. Bria; Joanna; Carole and Adam def got what they deserve that's why I say you can't do people wrong because something bad can happen to you.
Tamara Parks
Mar 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Overall, a good read. I enjoyed getting to know the characters, but there were sections where the writing felt kinda trashy or juvenile. I realize people relax when not at work, but there are times where I questioned Gwen's education. I also wish I had seen a little more of how she came out of her insecurity.
Chantal
Lessons From A Younger Lover by Zuri Day was a good book! I thoroughly enjoyed taking my time reading it. I expected less of this book - less of a story, more of an erotic read, but was very pleasantly surprised that the story-line fit right in with the 'erotic read'. Good for a 'light' read.
Lindy Dale
Sep 30, 2010 rated it liked it
This was easy reading. The characters seemed a bit stereotypical of the genre and I would have like more to be made of the difficulties in the relationship between older woman/younger man. Missed opportunity by the Author.
Crystal
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was a great book. My heart went out to Gwen and Ransom for having to deal with such crazy people in their lives though. Each one was a little more off their rocker than the other. But of course it all worked out in the end.
Velarie Melvin
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Realistic Fairy Tale

Well written novel that explores older woman romance. Diabolical side characters trying to block the relationship's success and a sassy "street" wise best friend kept the love story from becoming sappy.
Diana
Sep 19, 2011 rated it liked it
This was so cheesy but dang I really liked it lol. I mean, it was full of small time drama and the love scenes were okay, I just cannot get into a make character with hair down to his waist, I'm sorry. Ghetto Fabio was not working for me. But I really liked the drama aspect, it was fun to read.
Lady T
Aug 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Sometimes age is just a number.
Darlyna
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ransom msde me want to be a cougar
Danielle
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough about this book. I loved it from beginning to the end!!! It took me through a rollercoaster of emotions, from breathless to touched to steaming angry. I read it in one day.
Annie
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books by Zuri
Toni
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story about the love between Gwen Smith (older woman) and Ransom Blake (younger man). It's sexy and I love the interaction between them.
Stephanie Collins
Sep 01, 2010 rated it it was ok
Got it from Amazon for free.... Not bad... Would like to have my own man like ransom
Veronica Jones
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked this novel, the title itself was intriguing..... I'll definitely be reading more of Zuri Day's books :-D
Tonya
Jul 28, 2016 added it
this book was so good... one of my favorites...

• Give Me Fever
  • Confessions
  • Comfort of a Man
  • Imagine Us (Mayne Attraction #2)
  • Campaign for Seduction (Secrets and Lies, #3)
  • Winter Kisses
  • In Her Neighbor's Bed
Zuri Day is a hopeful romantic. She believes in happy endings, half-full glasses and dreams coming true. That's why she's thrilled to be a contributing writer to this genre...one of her favorites!

Zuri doesn't remember exactly how old she was when she picked up her first romance novel, but she does remember it was love at first sight. "It was probably a Harlequin," she recalled during a recent inte