Start by marking “The Cheating Curve” as Want to Read:
The Cheating Curve

The Cheating Curve

3.36  ·  Rating details ·  123 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
In this dazzling and bold debut that cuts to the heart of modern relationships, Renfroe introduces two thirty-something best friends, each dealing with a different side of infidelity.
Published April 1st 2010 by Dafina

To ask other readers questions about The Cheating Curve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cheating Curve

Book Fiend
Jul 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Another very good read again quite slow coming, and aftetr the forst chapter i did put it down for a week or so dissapointed that i'd wasted my time even takin it out of the library but i ws definitly suprised on ma second attempt to complete the book that it became very interesting. This explores infidelity in the eyes of the cheat and the victim of cheating, male and female which i was very suprised at actually because women cheating isn't an idea that is explored as much as men cheating. this ...more
Rachel
Jun 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Good book. In the discussion package it brought up an interesting question. Why do women forgive cheating easier than man. We can learn a lot from men sometimes. When it isn't right ..let it go.
Reggie
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought this was pretty decent. The materialism in here is a little over the top, or should I say the need to drop the designer name of EVERTHING in here was a little too much for me. There is time spent reading a whole paragraph about preferred high end waters that I will never get back. Lol. Seriously, this book is a great discussion about infidelity and on how it affects the genders. It was riveting and a fast read. It was hot at times. I would really have liked an epilogue just to see wher ...more
Rena
Mar 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
With cheating becoming a par for the course (ie. Tiger Woods) with rich, successful men, The Cheating Curve touches on the subject from male and female perspectives. It also follows best friends since childhood, Aminah Anderson and Langston “Lang” Rogers, as they navigate their marriages rife with infidelity.

Aminah is the doting wife to top producer, Fame, who can’t seem to keep his manhood in his pants. He gets off on the power he wields to do what he wants, especially because Aminah puts with
Cara
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Apryl
Dec 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Aminah Anderson is married to a famous Record Executive (someone like Puffy Combs) and Langston "Lang" Rogers is married to a hard working Social Studies Teacher, who is very smart about investing his money. Aminah and Lang are best friends, every other Sunday they have a standard nail appointment at a trendy downtown Brooklyn spa than go to brunch. But when Aminah learns of Lang's affair, it almost destroys there friendship. They both have different view regarding infidelity, which leads Aminah ...more
Toni
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book made for a quick read: the plot progressed at a relatively steady rate and I enjoyed the author's writing style, including her word choice. The setting, dialogue, and other details made the story relatable. I agree with another reader that the references to high-end material items became a bit excessive. One of the main characters became a bit intolerable after a while and I did not care for the open-ended conclusion. I would read another book by this author.
Linda Boyd
I liked this book okay, the book is about 2 girlfriends, both married, one of them has a cheating husband, which she overlooks for years until she finally gets fed up and does something about it. And the other girlfriend cheats on her husband. This book seems to reflect real life experiences, and how some people may handle cheating spouses.
Kesh
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
There were parts that were extremely slow, but moving to the late middle was where it really heated up. I enjoyed the discussions on infidelity and the reference to some notable people in our history. I can't say I would read it again, but it is definitely a novel that would open ladies, and some men, up into having very lengthy discussions on monogamy and infidelity.
Lori
Mar 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Never read a book with so much reference to name brand high-end earthly possessions. Was really over the top and brought such a picture of materialism into the story. Was any of it really about love or just possessions and spoiled lifestyle???
M.C. Walker
Aug 04, 2011 rated it did not like it
I could not finish this book. This was a really hard read. I could not get pass chapter three. From beginning to end the writer drops so many names, places, and details that i found it hard to grasp the idenity of the characters.
Daphne'
Jun 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was an easy quick read. I liked that it was close to reality as to how people deal with relationships, friendships, and cheating. I also liked that it wasn't a fairytale happy ending.
Rushbug23
Jun 04, 2012 rated it liked it
I can't quite remember what all happened in this book but I know I read it or listened to it (audiobook) But I think I thought it to be allllright.
Rickeya
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Slow in the beginning but good in the end !
SlimmGoodie
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a fast and easy read for me, I really enjoyed it! I liked this because it also gave a different perspective on cheating and how it affected these ladies friendship.
Shamele
Feb 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good book....easy read!
Msbossy
Aug 02, 2010 rated it liked it
It was alright....
Rhonda Jackson
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Quite insightful. Read in one evening. Renfroe really did her research on this subject.
Vi Louise
Sep 11, 2015
Monique
Jan 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Flirting with Temptation
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Amigoland
  • Made of Honor
  • Robin and Ruby
  • Our Little Secret
  • The Captive
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Petals from the Sky
  • When Twilight Comes (Mists of Fernhaven #1)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Without Prejudice
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Dark Dreamer (Dark Vista, #1)
  • Frontier Courtship