Start by marking “The Isle of Illusion: Pulau Ilusi (Deltora Shadowlands, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Isle of Illusion: Pulau Ilusi (Deltora Shadowlands, #2)

The Isle of Illusion: Pulau Ilusi (Deltora Shadowlands #2)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  3,070 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Lief, Barda dan Jasmine berusaha mencari ketiga bagian seruling Pirra, harapan satu-satunya untuk menyelamatkan ribuan penduduk Deltora yg ditawan Raja Bayangan. Mereka telah mempertaruhkan nyawa untuk mendapat bagian pertama seruling. Sekarang mereka harus menemukan bagian keduanya.

Sementara orang-orang yg mereka sayangi di Del menghadapi rumor-rumor jahat, kecurigaan dan
Paperback
Published 2002 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama

To ask other readers questions about The Isle of Illusion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Isle of Illusion

Mahdi Lotfi
این مجموعه در ادامه مجموعه هشت جلدی در جستجوی دلتورا ادامه میابد، حال پس از نجات دلتورا و یکپارچه کردن کمربند جادویی دلتورا لیف ، باردا و جاسمین راهی سفری دیگر می شوند تا اسرا و افراد ربوده شده از دلتورا را از سرزمین سایه ها نجات دهند و باز گردانند؛ این مجموعه در سه جلد ماجرای این سفر زیبا و هیجان انگیز و پر دلهره را روایت میکند.
Sara Kamjou
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, fantasy
کتاب دوم از مجموعهی دوم رو هم دوست داشتم. اینکه داستان بین ماجراجوییهای شخصیتهای محبوبم و اتفاقات قصر جابهجا میشد رو خیلی دوست داشتم. برام عجیبه که دنبال کردن جریانات قصر جذابتر از ماجراجوییهای اصلی بود. ...more
Armin Khodadadi
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
نظرم عوض نشد. همان ریویوی قبلی :-"
82i.love.beirut
Mar 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Isle of Illusion was written by Emily Rodda, and it was the second book to Deltora Shadowlands. Leif had brought a wife from Tora to Deltora, but it was a secret. Her name was Marilen. In the book, they also found the Deltora Annuals which lies a map to find the hidden secrets and stories of the Pirran Pipe. Leif left to find the second part of the Pirran Pipe in Auron with Jasmine and Barda. They fought with Arachs to achieve their goal, and they succeeded. Now their next goal was to find t ...more
Diane
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-ya
As always, we enjoyed this book a lot. No interesting puzzles, unless you consider figuring out how to get into the Dome a puzzle (I don't), but interesting people, monsters and situations nonetheless. There is much more darkness in this trilogy than in the original Quest. Maybe it's because they are in an underground Cavern? At any rate, there is much more "scuro" in the Chiaroscuro that we've come to expect from Rodda. The characters are still very nuanced but there is more strife. For sure, t ...more
Ahmad Sharabiani
بعد از آمدن ارباب سایه ها وقتی سه قبیله پیرا از سرزمین آبا و اجدادی خود فرار کردند، به جزیره هایی در دریایی زیرزمینی پناه بردند، جزیره ی آرون ها به خوبی از جزیره های پلوم ها و کراس ها جدا شده بود
Jaq
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So the thread is split between back in Del and what's happening to our brave adventurers....and I still think this series lacks the sparkle and magic of the previous adventures....
Gabriella
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, 2017
To find the second piece they must travel across the waters to the second isle, yet the path they take is treacherous indeed, leading to many a new danger. The second clan are more open than the first as their policy is the truth and always the truth, living out the way that they do it is their only way to survive. Yet can the three stop fighting enough to see it.

Well written and easy to read, with a fast pace that keeps things moving. Another great installment to the second series of the Delto
Sarah Eagle
There weren't as many puzzles in this one as I would have liked to see, and I felt the solution to finding the next Pipe piece was a bit rushed, but this series is much, much darker than either of the other two series that come before and after it. I like that Rodda took risks, that she illustrated just how evil and just how cunning The Shadowlord is. She spared no expense making sure that the reader never forgot how dangerous and vile his work is, how far-reaching and calculated his plans are.
M
Miss Clark
Nov 30, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children aged 6 - 12
Recommended to Miss Clark by: L.N.M.
Frank
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second of the three adventures is completed in this book. But it also is building on secrets still not revealed. This book doesn't let down one bit from all the others that has lead to this point. And again the three companions work together to face incredible challenges to find the second of three parts of the magical pipe. Giant monsters and a strange people move them closer but to what....death?But the book also deals with what is happening back at the castle and the attempts of the Shado ...more
William
THE ISLE OF ILLUSION is the third book in the DELTORA SHADOWLANDS series. In this book Leif, Barda, and Jasmine venture to the island of Auron seeking the stem of the Pirran Pipe. On the way he will make new friends, new enemies, and learn of new monsters. I would recomend this book to anyone who likes adventure stories and fantasies. I liked this book a lot. This book has 146 pages.

- William S.
Shiann
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are surprisingly good, they are sort of like Lord of the Rings for grade schoolers. And by that I mean the story line is a little more simplified and easier to read. I happened to pick these up at my libraries book sale, because the covers are really unique, so far I'm not disappointed. They're also really helpful in catching me up on my reading challege. Looking forward to finishing up this series and moving onto the other series called Dragons of Deltora.
Marchel
Jan 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Tejemahannya kapan-kapan yah.

Ini cerita Lief, Barda, n Jasmine dalam rangka pencarian Seruling Pirra untuk membebaskan rakyat Deltora yang ditawan di Negeri Bayangan.

Setelah melewati mulut gua cahaya temaram, mereka sampai di gua yang dindingnya memantulkan cahaya pelangi.
Johnny Bennett
This one took so long to get from the library it took a while for me to remember what was happening in the series. Once I got into it, I enjoyed it quite a bit. These are not deep thinking books but fun light reading.
Devon
Jul 20, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deltora-quest
2nd book in this saga. they need to get the 3rd of three parts of the pirran pipe. They had the first in the beginning, and another character that came along had the 2nd piece in the first book, he died, and are now trying to get the last piece, but they have alot of evil on there hands.
Maddy
Dec 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. Emily Rodda is a truely talented wrtier and reading the story for the second time makes it even more exciting than the first time, especially when I read at night.
Zeek
Dec 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would actuially rate it 4.5
Roshni
Nov 05, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Boring cliche fantasy book, nothing special at all
Ashley (TheNerdyBookmark)
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People Who Have Read The First Of The Series/Fantasy-Adventure Lovers
Shelves: reviewed
Please see my combined review of books 1-3 here:

Deltora Shadowlands: Special Edition Books 1-3
Rachel (Sfogs)
A Good book, well written and very well thought out.
Lu
Jun 23, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rather disliked how the author incorporated the title. HOwever I do have to admit she did it quite well.
Oct 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the plot in this one ^^
Mara
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had fun reading this to my 8 year old.
Angela Barakat
I read this with my son.
John Gentry
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
great characters, great story, overall a quick easy entertaining read.
Michaela
Simple book for little children who start reading fantasy.
Hanna
Oct 12, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
No Comment
Ashley kreger
Jan 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this one was very acknowledging it shows that you should learn to get along and agree or there will me great consequences for your actions it was a very good book and i greatly enjoyed it
Eric Parker
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun series that is remarkably well written. Though written for a younger audience it is worth reading even for adults due to the skill with which the world is crafted.
  • The Book from Baden Dark
  • The Legend Begins (Little Fur, #1)
  • Secrets of the Scepter (Unicorns of Balinor, #6)
  • Silver Thread (The Unicorn's Secret, #2)
  • Buckskin Bandit (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #8)
  • The Elves and the Otterskin (World of the Alfar, #2)
  • Astro Boy, Vol. 3 (Astro Boy, #3)
  • The Twelve Tasks of Flavia Gemina (The Roman Mysteries, #6)
  • The Kindaichi Case Files. Vol. 14: The Gentleman Thief
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.
More about Emily Rodda...

Deltora Shadowlands (3 books)
  • The Cavern of the Fear (Deltora Shadowlands, #1)
  • The Shadowlands (Deltora Shadowlands, #3)