Start by marking “Midnight Sun (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Sun (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #1)

Midnight Sun (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  973 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews

Call Hawkins just wants to be left alone and leave the past where it belongs. The bleak beauty of Dead Horse Creek is a perfect place to get away from the world...a place where nothing exists to remind him of everything he's lost. His isolation is complete--until Charity Sinclair arrives fresh from New York City. Stunningly beautiful and stubbornly indep
Published May 1st 2003 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Sun

May 14, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, 2010
Ehhhh. Wanted the hero to quit being such a sullen, unlikeable jerk, and also wanted the heroine to quit falling into bed with him even though he spent 2/3 of the book being a sullen, unlikeable jerk. By the time the last third of the book came around, it was too late for him to be redeemed.
I really should vow to start series in the beginning. Once again I read the second book first and had to go back to pick up the first volume. It doesn't really matter, but it is untidy.

Another good series. Good basic chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce.
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Charity, is drawn to the adventure of her life. Quiting her job, her so over boyfriend, her life in New York City she buys a gold mining claim and cabin in the Yukon of Canada.
Her extremely handsome and or so grumpy hermit of a neighbour Cal wants her gone.
The journey in life these two take together over the next short while is adventure packed, passionately hot, unpredictable and rivoting. The secondary characters are unravelled with the same skill the primary ones are. You come to love all o
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a pretty good book. I enjoyed the unique setting and the characters. The main plot was fast moving and kept my interest. I did feel that one of the subplots was really out of place and I would have preferred that the author just left it out. Other than that, no complaints.
♥ Miss Jennifer ♥
Jan 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved this book!! Call was amazingly hott!(well he was decribed pretty hott)
Susan W
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
easy fast paced read, good story - as a Canadian I enjoyed the location ! Never thought about genealogy that way but was interesting. Would have enjoyed more of a mystery type and digging more into her ancestory but it was ok.
Nancy Gockley
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the book am reading the second one.
Becky Campana carter
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Looking for number 2
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
you are an awesome writer I love all your books . this one was so good . the panning for gold and the loss of loved ones . new love and trying to love again being afraid . people trying to kill them just a great book.
Tonya Warner
May 09, 2012 rated it liked it
McCall Hawkins is just beginning to feel the desire to live again after the sudden deaths of his wife and daughter four years before. He knows he must go on, but meeting Charity Sinclair throws his world in to a twist. Call finds himself starting to feel, to desire, to want things he does not believe he should have. His survivor's guilt is made even worse when spends more time with Charity and begins back on his business life.

Charity has left behind a very successful life to pan for gold in the
May 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Speaking for this series as a whole, because honestly, the three books were kind of formulaic, even for romance. The same story and essentially the same characters, told in different settings and with different names.

The three sinclair sisters were essentially the same, there was very little that differentiated their personalities. Charity and Patience especially, both felt drawn to do things because of some "hereditary memory" thing. If you want this concept done well, read "The Winter Sea" by
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-supense
This is a reread for me. I remember the plot very well, even though I must have read it over 3 years ago. This book has a lot going for it. Romance, suspense, tragedy, Gold Rush history - this book has it all and is very well written.

Charity has felt a connection to the Yukon since she was a little girl. She is also really dissatisfied with her life in New York and her boyfriend. Charity buys an old gold claim in Dawson and decides to have an adventure.

Call lost his family 4 years ago and is ju
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great romantic suspense! I loved the characters and the setting. Charity moves to the Yukon for 6 months to fulfill a lifelong dream for adventure. Her sexy-as-sin neighbor is still dealing with grief over the loss of his wife and child four years earlier. But neither can deny the heat when they're together . . . though they both give it their best shot. Filled with a full cast of characters--both likable and detestable--and enough twists and turns and surprises to keep it interesting. I'm a f ...more
"Purple Angel"
Great story. Charity is one of three sisters, and she leaves her cushy editing job in manhattan to go work a gold mine in the Yukon. Call is a tortured soul, tormented by the death of his wife and child, and is just starting to live again afyer four years of self imposed exile. Add in a greedy CEO that wants Call dead before his company can announce a new technology, and its a really great story.
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
The budding romance between Call and Charity was enjoyable, and frankly the only reason I kept reading. Way too many other characters to keep track of, and way too much filler reading for my taste. Between the separate mysteries each one had following them, her past, his past, the gold rush, etc. I found myself skimming through the second half of the book due to my boredom...and had the Epilogue been different I may have been more generous with my rating
Debbie Heaton
Jun 26, 2013 rated it liked it
In Martin’s romantic suspense novel, the solitude of Dead Horse Creek is the perfect place for Call Hawkins to hibernate away from the world and bury his loss. But when Charity Sinclair arrives fresh from the city—and completely ignorant of life in the Yukon, Call is forced to make contact to ensure her safety. When a determined killer comes after her with a deadly vengeance, she is grateful for Call’s help.

A rugged hero, in a tough land—an adventurous tale.

Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
this was the first book I read of kat martins. it is my feeling that kat martin has an absolute gift for writing she capture every emotion from me. I laugh, cried, was angry, happy, sad, you name it I felt it with this series. I intend to read more of her books, however I have other authors that are my favorites as well. so I will continue with them and let the newer books build up so I will have more to read at one time.
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off, do not like the cover. Would rather see this guys profile then look at him straight on. Not attractive. Liked the story, Rugged grumpy cowboy, is what she thinks of him. But he is recovering from many heartbreaks. Another case of the woman saying I'm not staying we are not going to be serious. The man thinking the same thing. Famous last words. I like Martin's style you don't feel overwhelmed by her descriptive text like some writers.
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A woman sets out on a life time adventure of going pan handling in the Yukon.Her dream leads her right next door to a man who wants nothing from anybody except to be left alone.These two send alot of sparks flying in just about every direction you can think of.An interesting story.Couldn't put the book down for long....
Aug 12, 2015 rated it liked it

Entertaining romance story. the male protagonist was way to ridiculous sometimes with a mood change that could beat a woman on her period any time. Also, the heroine put up with his crap way too many times but I admire her patience. Overall it was a fun read and I would recommend it to all romance lovers.
Mary Stockwell
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book

This was a thoroughly good book. The main characters were very interesting as well as the other characters. It has everything to entertain. Romance, mystery and action.
Aug 11, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2009
This book just did not hold my attention. The story line was all over the place - is the book about the Yukon gold or a big technology company or a love story or a murder mystery or a spiritual connection with the past? Seemed like the author couldn't decide so it was all thrown in there.
Jessica Alcazar
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: martin-kat, traded
I love Kat Martin books. I really, really do. BUT, this was the LONGEST, shortest book EVER. Less than 350 pages and I swear to you, it felt longer than War & Peace! I REALLY got tired of reading and that has NEVER happened with Kat!
Nov 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Pretty neat story set in the Yukon. A girl from Manhattan follows her dream to pan for gold in the Yukon. Of course, she meets a hunk............well, it is a romance novel. After a few bumps in the road everything falls into place. Nice easy read.
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book in one day. Great character development and a lot of interesting things going on at once, but not enough to overwhelm you.
May 14, 2013 rated it did not like it
I just couldn't get into it, was not capturing my attention and after a few chapters I just gave up
Oct 05, 2015 rated it liked it
same story of romance novels...
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked the characters, story was pretty good
Sep 25, 2009 rated it liked it
  • Into Danger (S.A.S.S., #1)
  • Sounds to Die By (Sensory Ops, #1)
  • White Heat (Firefighter, #1)
  • And Able (Mercenary Trilogy, #3)
  • Slow Hands
  • Living on the Edge (Edge #1)
  • SEALed with a Promise (SEALed, #2)
  • To Trust a Stranger
  • Into the Night (The Reliance Group, #1)
  • Space in His Heart
  • Outcast (Benedict Brothers, #1)
  • Blaze
  • Out of Eden (The McGraws, #1)
  • Key to Forever (Draycott Abbey #4)
  • Heartthrob
  • The Spy Who Left Me (Agent Ex, #1)
  • Deadly Desire (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #4)
  • Run for Your Life
Kathleen Kelly Martin (aka Kathy Lawrence, Kasey Mars)

Kathleen Kelly was born on 14 July 1947 in the Central Valley of California, USA. She obtained a degree in Anthropology and also studied History at the University of California in Santa Barbara. She was a real estate broker, when she met her future husband, Larry Jay Martin. A short time after the two became acquainted, Larry asked her to read
More about Kat Martin...

Sinclair Sisters Trilogy (3 books)
  • Desert Heat (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • Deep Blue (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #3)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)