Start by marking “Return of the Warrior (Brotherhood of the Sword #6)” as Want to Read:
Return of the Warrior (Brotherhood of the Sword #6)

Return of the Warrior

(Brotherhood of the Sword & MacAllister #6)

Fearless men, their allegiance is to each other, to the oppressed, and to the secret society known as the Brotherhood of the Sword -- and they must never surrender to the passionate yearnings of their noble hearts.

Fiercely devoted to her people and her land, Queen Adara refuses to let a power-mad usurper steal her crown. But the only way to protect what is hers is to seek
Paperback, First, 354 pages
Published April 26th 2005 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Return of the Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return of the Warrior

Start your review of Return of the Warrior (Brotherhood of the Sword #6)
Zeek
Aug 19, 2010 rated it liked it
I finished Kinley Macgregor’s Return of the Warrior. Per usual, Macgregor (aka Sherrilyn Kenyon) repeated one phrase too much- she seems to find one word or phrase that fascinates her in each of her stories and reuses it way to much. This one?

“Gimlet Stare”.

::blink::

Huh?

Counted it 4 times, when one was more than enough. Plus, as said before, she introduces way too many characters- obviously so she can start a series. Yet Again, I somehow ended up with an ok feeling about the book.

I'm feeling la
Sha Mslvoe
I loved Lutian, Ioan, Corryn and Phantom but I don't like Christian and Adara in this story. The story is a little bit dragging. Am I being fussy? I'm quite frustrated. I rather reading Born in Sin (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #3) by Kinley MacGregor & Master of Desire (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #1) by Kinley MacGregor again.

I can't accept how Christian just make love to Adara after calling her whore.. after being brainwash by Lutian. The make love scene make me feel angry. You can't just consummates the marriage like that. And you can't just walk away after done with it. Oh no!!! I can't tolerate with it.

It was
Elaine
Dec 02, 2018 marked it as dnf
DNF at 30%
I just can't get into the story or warm up to the characters at the moment. Maybe it's because I've been sick for the past few days and I'm still not feeling up to speed or maybe it's the book. Be as it may, I'm giving up on this for the moment.
Netanella
Although the fake Christian kingdoms in the Holy Land, where Queen Adara and Christian of Acre hail from, are cheesy at best, this is a lovely historical romance that continues the series in the Brotherhood of the Sword.

To save her kingdom which is threatened by the greed of a neighboring usurper, Adara travels to England to find her husband Christian and convince him to claim his title and save her lands. Christian, or "The Abbott" of the Brotherhood, at first wants nothing to do with Adara, a
ρυηүα [Punya Reviews...]
Hedy Moberley
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love the series Brotherhood of the Sword. Each story just gets better and better.
Katy
Nov 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Katy by: just came across it
WOW! I loved this book, this book was the first book of the 'brotherhood' series I read even though it was the 5th (from what i remember) in the series it was far one of the best books I’ve read.

The brotherhood series is basically a secret band of people who have survived the holy land and came back stronger yet scared from their experiences. They form a brotherhood and protect each other, vowing if any other is in need they will help. They escaped from an Arab prison during the crusades where
Kathrynn
Jan 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Adara and Christian married when they were 8 and 12 years old, then went off to live their lives until they were old enough to consummate their vows.

Christian never showed to claim Adara and the validity of the marriage is questioned, so she hunts him down. Well, let me say, the consummation was completed and Christian had a lot to learn about women! By the end of the book, he only slightly redeemed himself.
Louisa
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reads
I enjoyed reading about Christian and Adara so much! They were awesome and so good! Though I wonder what happened at the end of the 3rd last chapter, when Christian get's a knife thrown at him! I want to know what happened right after, but it's never mentioned!

*First read July 11th 2012*
Oh, great book, really funny, hope for more historical books soon!
Roxanne
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I loved this book so much. Not only did I LOVE Christian but I adored Adara.
Olivia
Yet another hit from Kinley MacGregor/Sherrilyn Kenyon! I loved every second. It's amazing how loveable and relatable her characters are. I admired Adara's courage and I loved Christian's protectiveness and possessiveness. I so highly recommend any KM/SK book. Amazing. I also loved the secondary characters: Phantom, Falcon, Ioan, & Lutian. It would be awesome to see at least some of them get books of their own. <3

Her heart stilled as she looked down and realized she was still naked beneath her c
Sherily
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You will see Loyalty at it's finest! The Brotherhood is truly a brotherhood indeed and is the very definition of what friendship should be. Christian of Acres, aka the Abott, is part of the Brotherhood and I thought him an interesting character from the previous book. Christian is very closed off to the world and love. He only associates with those in the brotherhood. We find out who Christian truly is, since the whole time we only think of him as a Monk.
Adara is a Princess who is trying to save
Leah Green
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Queen Adara is on a mission. To save her people by any means necessary. She sets out to find Christian of Acre. In childhood they were married to one another. She must convince him to return home with her and save her people.

Christian has an agenda of his own. He is a member of a powerful brotherhood. He is also always fending off people attempting to kill him. So he has no desire to consummate a wedding he didn't even know had existed. He also has no desire to face the people who left him to ro
Preacox
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of historical romances who like to read about real princes and princesses
In "Return of the Warrior" we meet Christian of Acre again, a character we know from the previous book, A Dark Champion. He is called the Abbot of the Brotherhood because he wears a monk's robe over his armor (even though he definitely is no monk!) and because he was the one giving last rites to the other inmates in the Saracen prison.

He is actually a real prince but he has no interest in ever returning to his land to ascend the throne. He likes his life just as it is. But there is one thing he
Sandcastles
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Disliked Adara. Never could abide helpless heroines. All she does is wait around for people to do her bidding or be rescued. Liked the hero but concluded he must be dumb to fall so quickly for someone like adara.
Sam
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read, I like learning more about the Brotherhood of Swords.
Sophia
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Probably one of my favorites out of her books. This read, in my opinion, gives a lot more imagery and has an even better flow to it. Nevertheless I like all of books from Sherilyn Kenyon.
C Joy
Jul 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Kinley MacGregor (Sherrilyn Kenyon) is climbing up my favorite authors ladder.

I can safely say that after 2 full-length novels and 1 short story, she's one of my favorite historical romance authors. This one is a keeper, I didn't even mind the hero with the tortured past formula. Christine of Acre wasn't the overly bitter and cranky hero, and Adara is my usual type of heroine - strong-willed, hardheaded (for a good reason), and fierce.

They matched well together and I liked how their characters a
Kathy
Stefanie
Adara lives for her country, while Christian doesn't want to be owned by anyone or anything. And yet they are married.
Adara has been waiting for years for Christian to return home and claim his throne. But when he sends no word of his whereabouts and the situation becomes very dire, she decides to go get him herself.

Adara is a lovely heroine. She is very aware of her responsabilities and yet she doens't act like a queen who feels herself to be more than anyone else. There is only one thing she
Shiran
Christian of Acre is a prince who wishes to never return to his home land and become the king he is. Having spent years in a Saracen prison and escaping, Christan has vowed to help those still held captive and in loyal only to the Brotherhood of the Sword. But when his wife Queen Adara shows up and quite literally bares herself to him, he realises that you cannot fight fate.

Adara is the kind of woman I know I would be friends with, she is strong and proud but when it comes to saving her people s
Britta
Sep 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kim
Two souls both desperate for a family cling together in the hopes for salvation. Can they save themselves? Can they save each other? Can they save the kingdoms each is supposed to rule?

Queen Adara has ruled without her husband since she was seven. Waiting for her beloved was her only goal but the power hungry steward of the neighboring country is pressuring her to denounce her husband as dead. Instead, Adara wishes to find the man she has always loved and bring him home so he can finally help he
Fangirl Musings
Oct 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who love strong, heroic characters
Recommended to Fangirl Musings by: Me, Myself, and I
Adara and Christian- such heroic, amazingly strong characters!

I absolutely adored the take-charge nature of Adara's character and the honor-charge nature of Christian. Both were the quintessential romance story, for the two undoubtedly needed each other. I was very impressed with the plot of this book because it definitely seemed to be splotchy on its surface (at least after having read the book synopsis), which was perhaps why it took me so long to start reading this book. However, as always,
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Enough synopsis' are written, so my added comment is this:

This was a great series written by SK aka KM. It didn't go over well & out came the Dark Hunter books. This series was abandoned. I think too soon. Although I did not really go for the king and queen bit of the story, the romance was great. The action and fight of the Brotherhood was great etc. I did love the "Fool" Lutian. He was funny as hell, and then you hear his story which makes everything he already said even funnier.

I wish this se
Trudy Miner
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Threatened by a power-hungry relative and devoted to her people, Queen Adara leaves her Middle Eastern kingdom and travels to England in search of her husband whom she married when the were both children. Unfortunately, Christian of Acre doesn't remember marrying her; they were children after all! Until they were attacked in his rooms by her uncle's soldiers, Christian refused to help her. Queen Adara wants him to return with her or, provide her with an heir so that her kingdom is safe from a ta ...more
Tonya Morris
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
While I enjoyed this story, I must agree with other reviewers that the plot really drags. For me, there were SEVERAL times I felt the book could have ended, but just kept going. I am happy to note that the relationship took time to grow..... But that doesn't mean the storyline needed to have the reader actually feel the time dragging along.
What I "liked" about the story, (and please, it is an Historical Romance... we are talking about Virgins having S-E-X for the next first time!) out of all th
Melissa
Aug 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Adara and Christian are "married" and have been since about the age of seven. Christian's parents then die and his life takes him to various parts of Europe. He seems to think he was never married but that it was just an betrothal. He is dedicated to the Brotherhood of the Sword and helping its various members to readjust to normal lives. As he is making a life for himself as an adult, Adara seeks him out and wants him to return with her to their kingdom. Although he is tempted by Adara he doesn ...more
Maura
L8blmr
Aug 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was a solid 3.5 stars. I bumped it up to 4 instead of down to 3 partially because of my penchant for rounding up (the school teacher in me) but I also don't mind giving this writer the extra half. Obviously this wasn't my favorite in this series (Born in Sin is hard to top!), though there were the occasional passages that had that Kenyon/MacGregor magic that keeps her on my "favorites" list.

Summing up, an easy read with a strong female lead character, a hero with a tortured soul and some gr
SANDRA
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs, to-die-for
This series gets better and better like a fine wine... :)

This is the story of Prince Christian and his Queen Adara. How a very powerful queen goes after her king to return him to his thrown.. And end up falling in love, and bring a upsurper to his knees it was def a great story to read about. I fell in love with Christian!! Than again i am a love whore when it comes to the brotherhood..

It def helped to know more of the brotherhood but did nothing to answer the many questions I have about the s
« previous 1 3 next »

• Where's My Hero? (The Gamblers of Craven's #2.5; Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5; Splendid, #3.5)
  • Hunting for a Highlander (Highland Brides, #8)
  • The Making of a Highlander (Midnight in Scotland, #1)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • The Highlander Takes a Bride (Highland Brides, #3)
  • To Marry a Scottish Laird (Highland Brides, #2)
  • Love Is Blind
  • Highlander Unchained (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #3)
  • The Highlander's Promise (Highland Brides #6)
  • The Chief (Highland Guard, #1)
  • The Wrong Highlander (Highland Brides, #7)
  • Falling for the Highlander (Highland Brides, #4)
  • How to Abduct a Highland Lord (MacLean Curse, #1)
  • Forbidden (Disputed Lands #2)
  • Highlanders (Scottish Medieval #1; The MacLerie Clan #6.5; MacKinloch Clan #3.5)
  • Surrender to the Highlander (Highland Brides, #5)
  • The Protector (Medieval #5)
  • By Arrangement (Medieval #4)

Brotherhood of the Sword & MacAllister (7 books)
  • Master of Desire (Brotherhood of the Sword #1)
  • Claiming the Highlander (Brotherhood of the Sword #2/MacAllister, #1)
  • Born in Sin (Brotherhood of the Sword #3/MacAllister, #2)
  • Taming the Scotsman (Brotherhood of the Sword #4/MacAllister, #3)
  • A Dark Champion (Brotherhood of the Sword #5)
  • The Warrior (Brotherhood of the Sword & MacAllister #7)