Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Return of the Warrior (Brotherhood of the Sword #6)” as Want to Read:
Return of the Warrior (Brotherhood of the Sword #6)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Return of the Warrior (Brotherhood of the Sword/MacAllister #6)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  2,857 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
Fearless men, their allegiance is to each other, to the oppressed, and to the secret society known as the Brotherhood of the Sword -- and they must never surrender to the passionate yearnings of their noble hearts.

Fiercely devoted to her people and her land, Queen Adara refuses to let a power-mad usurper steal her crown. But the only way to protect what is hers is to seek
...more
Paperback, First, 354 pages
Published April 26th 2005 by Avon
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Return of the Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return of the Warrior

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
Rating details
Sort: Default
|
Filter
Zeek
Aug 19, 2010 rated it liked it
I finished Kinley Macgregor’s Return of the Warrior. Per usual, Macgregor (aka Sherrilyn Kenyon) repeated one phrase too much- she seems to find one word or phrase that fascinates her in each of her stories and reuses it way to much. This one?

“Gimlet Stare”.

::blink::

Huh?

Counted it 4 times, when one was more than enough. Plus, as said before, she introduces way too many characters- obviously so she can start a series. Yet Again, I somehow ended up with an ok feeling about the book.

I'm feeling la
...more
Océano de libros
Christian deAcre es uno de los componentes de la famosa Hermandad de la espada, más conocido como el Abad, un hombre que solo se tiene a sí mismo y no busca nada más en la vida que la función que tiene encomendada en la hermandad. Todo se complica cuando se encuentra con Adara, la joven reina que le ruega que salve a su reino de manos enemigas.
La novela pintaba mucho más, está bien pero le faltaron muchos detalles para que fuera estupenda; y es que el principio prometía pero fue más bien poco at
...more
Sha Mslvoe
I loved Lutian, Ioan, Corryn and Phantom but I don't like Christian and Adara in this story. The story is a little bit dragging. Am I being fussy? I'm quite frustrated. I rather reading Born in Sin (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #3) by Kinley MacGregor & Master of Desire (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #1) by Kinley MacGregor again.

I can't accept how Christian just make love to Adara after calling her whore.. after being brainwash by Lutian. The make love scene make me feel angry. You can't just consummates the marriage like that. And you can't just walk away after done with it. Oh no!!! I can't tolerate with it.

It was not
...more
Netanella
Although the fake Christian kingdoms in the Holy Land, where Queen Adara and Christian of Acre hail from, are cheesy at best, this is a lovely historical romance that continues the series in the Brotherhood of the Sword.

To save her kingdom which is threatened by the greed of a neighboring usurper, Adara travels to England to find her husband Christian and convince him to claim his title and save her lands. Christian, or "The Abbott" of the Brotherhood, at first wants nothing to do with Adara, a
...more
Tatiana
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ohh mi Dios Lochlan MacCallister!!!! No puedo creer que así se termine esta saga doble, la verdad quede con muchas ganas de historias de los miembros de la hermandad de la espada, pero bueno así es la Kenyon.
Lochlan como un Laird de su clan tiene un sentido del deber y la familia increibles, lo que lo lleva a tomar una travesia para saber de su hermano Kieran. Es brutal lo que pasa. Brutal. Me encantó como se mezclo todo con la hermandad. Me hizo falta Ewan :(

Catarina es una loca, solo ella podí
...more
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Katy
Nov 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Katy by: just came across it
WOW! I loved this book, this book was the first book of the 'brotherhood' series I read even though it was the 5th (from what i remember) in the series it was far one of the best books I’ve read.

The brotherhood series is basically a secret band of people who have survived the holy land and came back stronger yet scared from their experiences. They form a brotherhood and protect each other, vowing if any other is in need they will help. They escaped from an Arab prison during the crusades where
...more
Jisela
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Historia igual de fantástica a las demás. Le doy 4 estrellas para un 4.5 como calificación.

Tenemos a Christian como protagonista, un hombre igual de profundo y atormentado que los demás. Adara, la princesa y esposa de Christian me parece genial, muy comprometida comprensiva, y sobre todo apasionada. Amé ambos personajes, en mi opinión se complementan perfectamente, hacen una pareja genial. Ese magnetismo que los une desde el primer momento, esa chispa que poco a poco va creciendo entre ellos y e
...more
Gizella Tóth
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nincs mese, imádom Kenyont, még ha MacGregornak híják is. Pontosan azt kaptam, amit vártam: habkönnyű kikapcsolódást ármánnyal, kalandokkal, izgalmakkal és romantikával (na jó, szexszel, amiről le tudtam volna mondani:) és persze a kötelező happy enddel, nehogy sérülés érje érzékeny lelkemet. Az egyetlen hiányérzetet a többi rész szereplőinek emlegetése, ám nem megjelenése okozta. Kénytelen leszek elővenni a sorozatot, és felidézni, ki kicsoda. :)
Kathrynn
Jan 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Adara and Christian married when they were 8 and 12 years old, then went off to live their lives until they were old enough to consummate their vows.

Christian never showed to claim Adara and the validity of the marriage is questioned, so she hunts him down. Well, let me say, the consummation was completed and Christian had a lot to learn about women! By the end of the book, he only slightly redeemed himself.
Louisa
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reads
I enjoyed reading about Christian and Adara so much! They were awesome and so good! Though I wonder what happened at the end of the 3rd last chapter, when Christian get's a knife thrown at him! I want to know what happened right after, but it's never mentioned!

*First read July 11th 2012*
Oh, great book, really funny, hope for more historical books soon!
Roxanne
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I loved this book so much. Not only did I LOVE Christian but I adored Adara.
Olivia
Yet another hit from Kinley MacGregor/Sherrilyn Kenyon! I loved every second. It's amazing how loveable and relatable her characters are. I admired Adara's courage and I loved Christian's protectiveness and possessiveness. I so highly recommend any KM/SK book. Amazing. I also loved the secondary characters: Phantom, Falcon, Ioan, & Lutian. It would be awesome to see at least some of them get books of their own. <3

Her heart stilled as she looked down and realized she was still naked beneat
...more
Preacox
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of historical romances who like to read about real princes and princesses
In "Return of the Warrior" we meet Christian of Acre again, a character we know from the previous book, A Dark Champion. He is called the Abbot of the Brotherhood because he wears a monk's robe over his armor (even though he definitely is no monk!) and because he was the one giving last rites to the other inmates in the Saracen prison.

He is actually a real prince but he has no interest in ever returning to his land to ascend the throne. He likes his life just as it is. But there is one thing he
...more
Sandcastles
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Disliked Adara. Never could abide helpless heroines. All she does is wait around for people to do her bidding or be rescued. Liked the hero but concluded he must be dumb to fall so quickly for someone like adara.
Cotito
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: con-reseña
Bien esta es la segunda parte de la saga de “La Hermandad de la Espada” Lo comencé a leer, porque era de aquellas veces en que sientes esa cosa rara de “TIENES” que leerlo, no era una opción, sino más bien un deber, uno que te nace cuando la primera entrega es buena y crees que la segunda quizás sea mejor y pues bien, esta vez, sí, lo fue. Deno recalcar que ayudó bastante el hecho de que estuviera basado en esta época, lo que hace que un interés más bien del pasado ayude bastante, pero en fin.

Bi
...more
C Joy
Jul 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Kinley MacGregor (Sherrilyn Kenyon) is climbing up my favorite authors ladder.

I can safely say that after 2 full-length novels and 1 short story, she's one of my favorite historical romance authors. This one is a keeper, I didn't even mind the hero with the tortured past formula. Christine of Acre wasn't the overly bitter and cranky hero, and Adara is my usual type of heroine - strong-willed, hardheaded (for a good reason), and fierce.

They matched well together and I liked how their characters a
...more
Bunga
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: medieval
Satu lagi novel terbaik yang ditulis oleh Kinley MacGregor. Saya suka cara dia membangun karakter-karakter, membuat plot yang menghanyutkan, konflik yang menegangkan, romantisme yang ga chessy, sambil menyelipkan tragedi masa lalu para karakter utamanya yang bikin airmata menetes tanpa sadar. Meski begitu, masih ada humor di sana-sini yang mewarnai buku ini, dan lumayan bisa mencerahkan nuansa angsty di buku ini.

Cerita ini diawali dari Christian of Acre yang didatangi seorang wanita cantik yang
...more
Kathy
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Stefanie
Adara lives for her country, while Christian doesn't want to be owned by anyone or anything. And yet they are married.
Adara has been waiting for years for Christian to return home and claim his throne. But when he sends no word of his whereabouts and the situation becomes very dire, she decides to go get him herself.

Adara is a lovely heroine. She is very aware of her responsabilities and yet she doens't act like a queen who feels herself to be more than anyone else. There is only one thing she
...more
Chiara De Martin
Questo non è un romanzo. Non lo è nemmeno lontanamente. Non lo è perché considerare un romanzo questo, e tutti i libri di questa risma significa insultare tutti i veri romanzi, sia storici che non, e le scrittrici che il romance lo sanno scrivere davvero.
D'altronde devo fare una professione di mea culpa e chiedermi perché, perché continuo ad addocchiare i libri di questa collana, perché spero di trovare qualcosa di alta qualità tra harmony che hanno cambiato il loro nome in romance ma continuan
...more
Shiran
Christian of Acre is a prince who wishes to never return to his home land and become the king he is. Having spent years in a Saracen prison and escaping, Christan has vowed to help those still held captive and in loyal only to the Brotherhood of the Sword. But when his wife Queen Adara shows up and quite literally bares herself to him, he realises that you cannot fight fate.

Adara is the kind of woman I know I would be friends with, she is strong and proud but when it comes to saving her people s
...more
Fangirl Musings
Oct 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who love strong, heroic characters
Recommended to Fangirl Musings by: Me, Myself, and I
Adara and Christian- such heroic, amazingly strong characters!

I absolutely adored the take-charge nature of Adara's character and the honor-charge nature of Christian. Both were the quintessential romance story, for the two undoubtedly needed each other. I was very impressed with the plot of this book because it definitely seemed to be splotchy on its surface (at least after having read the book synopsis), which was perhaps why it took me so long to start reading this book. However, as always,
...more
Britta
Sep 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kim
Two souls both desperate for a family cling together in the hopes for salvation. Can they save themselves? Can they save each other? Can they save the kingdoms each is supposed to rule?

Queen Adara has ruled without her husband since she was seven. Waiting for her beloved was her only goal but the power hungry steward of the neighboring country is pressuring her to denounce her husband as dead. Instead, Adara wishes to find the man she has always loved and bring him home so he can finally help he
...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Enough synopsis' are written, so my added comment is this:

This was a great series written by SK aka KM. It didn't go over well & out came the Dark Hunter books. This series was abandoned. I think too soon. Although I did not really go for the king and queen bit of the story, the romance was great. The action and fight of the Brotherhood was great etc. I did love the "Fool" Lutian. He was funny as hell, and then you hear his story which makes everything he already said even funnier.

I wish thi
...more
Trudy Miner
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Threatened by a power-hungry relative and devoted to her people, Queen Adara leaves her Middle Eastern kingdom and travels to England in search of her husband whom she married when the were both children. Unfortunately, Christian of Acre doesn't remember marrying her; they were children after all! Until they were attacked in his rooms by her uncle's soldiers, Christian refused to help her. Queen Adara wants him to return with her or, provide her with an heir so that her kingdom is safe from a ta ...more
Tonya Morris
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
While I enjoyed this story, I must agree with other reviewers that the plot really drags. For me, there were SEVERAL times I felt the book could have ended, but just kept going. I am happy to note that the relationship took time to grow..... But that doesn't mean the storyline needed to have the reader actually feel the time dragging along.
What I "liked" about the story, (and please, it is an Historical Romance... we are talking about Virgins having S-E-X for the next first time!) out of all th
...more
Maura
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Melissa
Aug 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Adara and Christian are "married" and have been since about the age of seven. Christian's parents then die and his life takes him to various parts of Europe. He seems to think he was never married but that it was just an betrothal. He is dedicated to the Brotherhood of the Sword and helping its various members to readjust to normal lives. As he is making a life for himself as an adult, Adara seeks him out and wants him to return with her to their kingdom. Although he is tempted by Adara he doesn ...more
Serena Miles
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Libro que me ha gustado mucho y me ha dejado intrigada mas aun. Me gustan mucho los protagonistas, y seguir descubriendo cosas de la hermandad

8.5/10
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Where's My Hero? (The Gamblers of Craven's #2.5; Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5; Splendid, #3.5)
  • Highlander Unchained (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #3)
  • Master of Craving (Blood Sword Legacy, #3)
  • Highland Angel (Murray Family, #7)
  • Some Like It Wild (Kincaid Highland, #2)
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • Always
  • A Highlander's Temptation (MacKenzie, #7)
  • Viking in Love (Viking I, #8)
  • The Warrior

Other books in the series

Brotherhood of the Sword/MacAllister (7 books)
  • Master of Desire (Brotherhood of the Sword #1)
  • Claiming the Highlander (Brotherhood of the Sword #2/MacAllister, #1)
  • Born in Sin (Brotherhood of the Sword #3/MacAllister, #2)
  • Taming the Scotsman (Brotherhood of the Sword #4/MacAllister, #3)
  • A Dark Champion (Brotherhood of the Sword #5)
  • The Warrior (Brotherhood of the Sword #7/MacAllister Series, #4)
“Adara, cease!"

She froze at the sound of a voice she hadn't expected to hear. For a moment she thought she might be dreaming, until she blinked to look up into the most handsome face she'd ever known. She stared at the same blue eyes that made the tenderest of love to her.

Christian.

Her grip went lax and the candlestick in her hand fell to the floor. He was alive!

She threw herself into his arms and held him close as giddy tears replaced her grief-induced ones. At least until her rage took hold again. "Damn you, you worthless, heartless son of a dog!" she snarled, pulling back to strike at his chest. "How dare you make me think you were dead! Don't you ever do such a thing to me again. "

Christian was stunned by her language and actions. "I didn't know you could hear us through the door."

She struck him again on his armor, a blow that no doubt he felt not at all, but it gave her some degree of satisfaction. "Well, think better next time."

Her untoward anger amused him. Wiping the tears from her face, he kissed her tenderly.”
3 likes
“Speak openly. There is no one I trust more than Lutian. (Adara)
He’s a half-wit, my queen. (Xerus)
Half-wit, whole-wit, I have enough of them to know to keep silent. So speak, good counselor, and let the queen judge which of the two of us is the greater fool present. (Lutian)”
3 likes
More quotes…