Start by marking “How to Feel Confident: Simple Tools for Instant Success” as Want to Read:
How to Feel Confident: Simple Tools for Instant Success

How to Feel Confident: Simple Tools for Instant Success

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  141 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Leil Lowdnes's empowering book will give you the confidence to face any social situation with ease. Lowdnes give you the confidence to shine in the most gruelling of social situations, whether it's mingling at parties, impressing at interviews or going on a hot date.
Published April 1st 2009 by Harper Element

To ask other readers questions about How to Feel Confident, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Feel Confident

Sha ...
Feb 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really liked the book and enjoyed reading it.. It's so useful and easy to follow. It has lots of tips and some shared stories of shys. I loved her book and I'll definitly read more from her works.
Sean Goh
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Classic self-help, with the author, previously crippled by (insert requisite social *disorder*), overcomes it, and is now sharing her prescription with the world at large for others to benefit.

Having said that, this book is very readable, though many of the tips shared are nothing new for readers of Susan Cain.
Some reminders from this book:

Stop looking for rejection. Most of the time, it isn't there.
Live in the first-person.

Know yourself to be a more interesting person.

Make a good first impres
Abdulrahman Mohammed
In my opinion, the writer's style is not a litlle Incomprehensible.. sometimes i got confused who was talking in conversational contexts.. but overall, it is a good book :)
Arrica Lee
May 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
I find this book very much similar to Lowndes' previous book: How to Talk to Anyone although the format was different...in a way. In this book, there are a lot of snippets from letters/emails she received from the shys and introverts that I find it enjoyable to read. I understand how they feel as I am more or less a shy person as well. I find the tips very easy to follow. I finished this book in less than 3 days because I just can't put it down!
Syafrizal Abu Mansor
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
A really great book about overcoming shyness and build your confidence around your surroundings. Simple exercises that can be done in our daily activities to Stamping Out Shyness. That's what Leil Lowndes pointed out in this books. A lot of examples reminds me of what happens and I have done in the past. Now I can build my confidence with simple methods by Leil.
Noninuna
Apr 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
I start reading it last Nov but get caught in busy situation only get the chance today.
For Shys, the more you read the book the more you're agreeing with the author. She kinda understand Shys since she was a Shys too..
Overall ot is a good self improve book. Lots of tips & shared experience to Shys & for Sures to know more about Shys..
Really recommend it for those who is shy..
mion
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
M
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lots and lots of tips. It will take quite a while to run and practice with the number of exercises that have been mentioned in the book.
Sure, some of them are mundane but it is precisely those things we fail to practice. These book acts as an apt reminder that those still matter.
Adeel Hasan
Nov 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
Not a bad book, but the title is misleading. This is a book that is meant for extremely shy people. If you you're not shy or if you have made reasonable progress with your shyness, then this book does not add value - Better skip on it and read something else instead.
Suyi Kissxesyou
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
good for finding what type of shy you are in this book.
Muhammad Rahman
  • The Rules for Marriage: Time-Tested Secrets for Making Your Marriage Work
  • Instant Confidence
  • The Moral Sayings of Publius Syrus: A Roman Slave
  • Rules of the Game
  • Mars and Venus Starting Over: A Practical Guide for Finding Love Again After a Painful Breakup, Divorce, or the Loss of a Loved One
  • Dig Your Well before You're Thirsty: The only networking book you'll ever need
  • A Mother's Guide To Cheating
  • The New Secrets of Charisma
  • Mode One: Let The Women Know What You're Really Thinking
  • Details Men's Style Manual: The Ultimate Guide for Making Your Clothes Work for You
  • The Picture Bible
  • No Lovelier Death (DI Joe Faraday, #9)
  • Dhirubhaism

$7.74 $1.99
  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    $7.99 $1.99
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Over But the Shoutin'
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Three Nights in August: Strategy, Heartbreak, and Joy Inside the Mind of a Manager
    $14.99 $1.99