Start by marking “Driving My Tractor” as Want to Read:
Driving My Tractor

Driving My Tractor

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  141 ratings  ·  30 reviews
It's time to bring in the animals! Follow a farmer with his tractor and trailer as he goes around his farm. This colorful book combines simple counting skills with a catchy song and a singalong CD by SteveSongs!
Hardcover, with Singalong CD, 32 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Barefoot Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Driving My Tractor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Driving My Tractor

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Driving My Tractor
Caroline
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This book is brilliant. My 10 month old loves it and it has so much more opportunity to grow with her.

First, you can sing the story. I sang it to a random tune when I first read it, but then got to the end and found the music. Now we just sing it even without the book and she loves it.

Second, it has numbers - animals 1-5.

Third, colours - black and white cow, grey donkeys, pink pigs, white sheep and brown chickens.

Fourth, the pages cycle through the different seasons starting with summer, so y
Eva Kelly
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
This one REALLY should be a baby book for three reasons: it's all bright colors, it's drawn all sloppy, and the words keep repeating.
But you know what? Those animals are smart. They jump out of the farmer's trailer and run away, but then guess what they do? They meet him at the farm!!! Now THAT'S smart!!
And there are really good facts at the end about carrots and machines and other veggies, so that's a good part.
And some song that we didn't sing.
So it was OK even if it should be for babies.
Vivian
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This story, put to music, is simply bursting with onomatopoeia.
(Onomatopoeia is the process of creating a word that phonetically imitates, resembles, or suggests the sound that it describes. As such words are uncountable nouns, onomatopoeia refers to the property of such words. Wikipedia).

Children listening will love making the animal's sounds and the tractor sounds. The story can become even more animated by adding motions such as rolling hands, steering the wheel, or even clapping.

A c.d. is in
Emkoshka
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read with my Turkish host family's children. This one was great fun to read aloud. The brightly coloured pages are good for pointing out colours and animals, and the ending is touching. I'd be happy to reread it, which I can't say for every picture book I've read recently.
Joseph
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Nice colors a little iffy on the art work though.
Lisa
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-and-g
The illustration style is not my favorite, but the song pretty much makes up for it, and it is a pleasant enough story with seasons.
Sylvester
3* art
3* song

The CD was broken in the library copy we had borrowed, so we didn't get to enjoy it as much as we would have.
Chris Cutler
We listened to this book-on-CD at least 200 times while we had it checked out from the library, and have sung the song frequently since then. An instant hit with our truck-obsessed toddler.
Margo Tanenbaum
May 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is an irresistible book and CD combination that will have parents and kids tapping their toes and singing along. Both the book and the CD can stand alone, but are even better being used together. The music is composed and sung by the award-winning children’s entertainer SteveSongs, who will be familiar to many kids and parents as Mr. Steve, the host of PBS Kids. The song is so infectious that kids of all ages will be quickly singing along. The book features a wide assortment of winning comp ...more
Kelly
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's not a favorite of mine, but my two-year-old loves this book. We borrowed it from the library a couple of weeks ago, and he has requested it before his nap and bedtime at least 75% of the time since then.

Pros: rhyming and repetitive, so it becomes easily familiar to toddlers; mentions different numbers, colors, and animal sounds (briefly, but it's a good opportunity to pause while reading and practice counting, etc. with your kid); artwork is colorful and varied

Cons: just...a little boring
Chris
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Tristan loved this book, the repetitive, rhythmic words and the colorful illustrations (he just turned three and LOVES "krucks"). We got this from the library and it had no cd, I didn't even know there was a song until we turned the last page of the book and saw it. We'd actually sung the words all the way from the beginning without realizing, it's a very singable book. Highly recommended for little guys (and I mean both boys and girls) who love trucks and/or farms.
Bridget R. Wilson
A farmer has a big day ahead of him. He drives his tractor and picks up all the animals.

What I thought: This book will appeal to readers on so many different levels. There's repetition, onomatopoeia, animals, and a tractor. The illustrations are colorful.

Story Time Themes: Farm Animals, Baby Sit & Sign Animals or Numbers (1-5)
Barbara
Mar 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This musical book is so fun! There is a CD of the book in the back and the lyrics and tune are so catchy you'll find yourself singing it all day long! Kids love to do the actions of the chorus. An all around crowd pleaser for Story Time. You can use it for a Farm or Transportation theme! For ages 2 - 6.
Alice
Apr 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 The pictures in this book are great. But the words...felt really annoying an repetitive...then at the end of the book you see the words and notes for the song and the repetition of "a very busy day" doesn't bother you so much! I like it! I liked in the back it talks about different types of tractors and types of plants and when to grow them!
Emma Biays
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Driving my Tractor is an excellent book for teachers because it has so many different opportunities to use in classrooms. It could be used to teach about counting, farming, or animals. It also provides great illustrations, with details and hints as to what is coming next. It also has music in the back and a CD to sing along to, and it could be used while teaching music too.
Dori Decommer
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime
I LOVE this book and read it when ever I think I can. I have used this in my Baby/Toddler Time and in my Son's K class (and everywhere in between!). It is always a hit. My copy came with the CD, which was came in handy for getting the tune memorized. The art work is bright, colorful, and large enough for a group to see.
Rachael
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
I would use this to teach concepts and counting in my classroom. It is a cute repetitive book that has farm animals and the sounds they make. I would have the students read along with me and guess what the next farm animal would be that the man see's and places in his trailer.
Kaycee Greenwood
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book would be excellent in a classroom. There are tons on onomatopoeias, information of the types of tractors farmers use, and their crops. It even has a CD in the back of the book so that you have turn the book into a song. Prefect for grade K-2
Donna-Lee
Jan 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
My children love this book and I frequently hear them singing the song while they play.
Apr 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
She LOVES this one!

2012 - now number 2 (age 22 mo) LOVES this one!!
Ashlee
This book is too young for my boys, but the pictures are bright and colorful.
Sharonta Johnson
This is a great book to use to introduce farm animals for a unit. This story can be read before or after the lesson.
Lyne
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

We got this at the library and my 23 month old loves it, and the video that's on you tube. The highlight for him is all the different equipment descriptions in the back.
Christine Grant
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. My favorite M&M song. ...more
Stacie Herbert
My two year old son loved this book,we even streamed the book live to hear the song and he was addicted! Great way to incorporate counting and animals.
Christine Grant
One of my "go-to" books for Movement and Music.

Farm Story Time.
MaryLibrarianOH
Dec 21, 2009 rated it liked it
Has a sing along CD. Use for Family Storytime.
Jennifer Miera
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sing! Early Literacy.
Janet
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun song and bright illustrations about the farmer driving his tractor down the road and picking up more animals. I appreciated the pages at the end that depicted various tractors and machines that the farmer uses.
Karin
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, allie-s
Another fantastic baby book club book. The kids all loved dancing along to the music, and the bright illustrations kept their attention. Allie laughed and bobbed along and would have torn it to shreds if I had let her. High praise indeed.

• The Shape Song Swingalong [With CD (Audio)]
  • Whole World [With CD]
  • The Parrot Tico Tango
  • The Journey Home from Grandpa's [With CD]
  • My Granny Went to Market: A Round-The-World Counting Rhyme
  • A Dragon on the Doorstep (Sing Along With Fred Penner)
  • Walking Through the Jungle
  • We All Go Traveling By (Sing Along With Fred Penner)
  • Creepy Crawly Calypso
  • Skip Through the Seasons (Seek-And-Find Books)
  • Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush [With CD]