Start by marking “Star Trek: The Next Generation: Ghosts” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Ghosts

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Ghosts

Captain Picard and the crew of the Enterprise respond to a distress call and find a terribly wounded scientist aboard a marooned ship. While evaluating the planet below (and its two warring nations) for possible Federation membership, Picard discovers to his horror that the survivor of the disaster is foreseeing his death. Moreso, Picard is rattled by being identified as o ...more
Published June 22nd 2010 by IDW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Apostolos
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Z.S. Diamanti
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Ghosts had a good TNG story written by Zander Cannon. It felt like a good two-part episode from the series. The story was interesting enough to keep me engaged even with some disappointing art. Can't say whether it was the pencils or the inks that caused the issues, but many of the faces were overdone. And to be sure, the frames were boring and unimaginative. The story saved this book.
Chris (The Genre Fiend)
A pretty poor effort. The story's verbose and lacks a strong hook, and the art gets pretty muddled the further you go along (and there are *far* too many shadows). Also, what's up with everyone saying "countrymen"?
Melissa
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Story was okay. Dragged in places, and characterization was off. Artwork really let this down. Main cast looked nothing like they should, especially Deanna. And the weird attempts at shadows looked more like random dirt and grime streaks and background ink blots. Really distracting.
Rachel
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love having more adventures with my wonderful Next Generation crew that I know and love so well! Just plan enjoyable on many levels!
Patrick McWilliams
Sep 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: star-trek
Stopped halfway through. Boring story, terrible characterization, and the art was inconsistent and generally unpleasant to look at.
Andy
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun story. It matched the tempo of the show and made me want to pull up Netflix to watch some reruns. Good stuff.
Elliot Huxtable
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Fun premise, simply told
Aron
Apr 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, st-comics
Not bad at all, but the story does seem to drag a little in places. Excellent artwork. What I really liked about this book is that it's almost like watching a long lost episode. It seems to me that lots of times in the comic format (& ST comics don't always seem to be an exception to the rule) action sequences appear for merely action's sake. This doesn't happen in this story, & I liked that. I mean yeah of course if the story calls for some action then by all means yes let's see some ac ...more
Mikael Kuoppala
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Here’s a completely delightful “missing episode” from the fourth season of Star Trek: The Next Generation. “Ghosts” captures the tone of that point in the series perfectly, offering a politically intriguing and anthropologically fueled story about peace negotiations on an exotic world in conflict. This is smart, stylish, complex and surprising storytelling, and as such is sure to appeal to any Star Trek fan.
Urszula
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
It has been a long time, since I have read a graphic novel. I like the Star Trek The Next Generation TV series, but have not the opportunity to read any of the books. It was good to revisit old friends and see them from another perspective. The graphics were well done and the story line was very interesting.
Sarah Brubaker
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: tie-in, sci-fi, space
The storyline was interesting enough, though maybe not completely brilliant. The artwork was basic at times, with only some of the depictions accurately representing the actors. Some of the formatting made it difficult to follow and I had to re-read portions.
Andrew Beet
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i liked this graphic novel. it would've been great as an episode
Dave
Jul 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm a big Star Trek fan, and TNG is a fave. I enjoyed this story, The artwork is well done, and the wruter knows his 'trek'. Good stuff!
David Rhodes
May 29, 2013 rated it liked it
A bit of a ponderous story and some of the characterizations are way off.
I do wonder if the artist had a vendetta against poor Marina Sirtis as Deanna looks nothing like her.
Shelliac