Start by marking “Telling Tales About Dementia: Experiences of Caring” as Want to Read:
Telling Tales About Dementia: Experiences of Caring

Telling Tales About Dementia: Experiences of Caring

How does it feel when someone you love develops dementia? How do you cope with the shock, the stress and the grief? Can you be sure that you and your family will receive the support you need?

In Telling Tales About Dementia, thirty carers from different backgrounds and in different circumstances sharetheir experiences of caring for a parent, partner or friend with dementia.
Published September 15th 2009 by Jessica Kingsley Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Telling Tales About Dementia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Telling Tales About Dementia

Pages - 222

Publisher - Jessica Kingsley Publishers

Source - bought

Blurb from Goodreads

In Telling Tales About Dementia, thirty carers from different backgrounds and in different circumstances share their experiences of caring for a parent, partner or friend with dementia.
Amie's Book Reviews

TELLING TALES ABOUT DEMENTIA - Experiences of Caring
Edited by: Lucy Whitman

Publication Date: March 2, 2015

Genre: Non-Fiction, Health

Length: 224 pages

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

* I received a free electronic copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book is a collection of personal accounts by family caregivers who have taken care of a loved one suffering from dementia.

"How do you cope alone with your loved one's slow loss of
Nigel
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
These are simple stories simply told however those with experience of dementia will recognise the situations easily. For those without experience the stories will at least offer some comfort by showing the upsetting and puzzling situation they find themselves in is not so unusual. As far as I can tell there are no typical people with dementia although there are aspects in common and that can be seen in these stories. Sadly one aspect still is the patchy approach of professionals to people who ...more
Janet Martin
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I have been trying to understand the ramifications of this collection of symptoms ever since caring for my demented MIL in my home for more than 2 years between 1993 and 1994. This is the first thing I have read about the views of the affected people themselves, and brings real insights into the basket of conditions known as dementia. Reading of the optimism and focus on living of so many of this folks is a way more positive than depressing. These are adults who deserve to have some input ...more
Helen Oakes
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This isn't really a book you can give stars too. It's a collection of experiences gathered by Lucy Whitman from a diverse group of people (different religions, same sex relationships etc) about how they dealt with their loved one (be it partner, parent etc) being diagnosed with Dementia and the mixture of emotions that comes with it. Did it help? Yes. Have I shared titbits with my family to help them? Yes. So in my eyes this book deserves all the stars because it does fulfill it's purpose.
Leanne Lightfoot
Debbie Sim
Nov 21, 2019
Jennifer Wilson
Nov 30, 2019

• A Purrfect Alibi (The Oyster Cove Guesthouse Book 3)
  • Pretty Guilty Women
  • Rage
  • The Devil Upstairs
  • Look Who It Is!: My Story
  • The Chain
  • Dark Undertakings (Drew Slocombe, #1)
  • Woman in the Water
  • Into the Dark (Romantic Suspense #23; Cincinnati #5)
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • My Thoughts Exactly
  • Stand Against Injustice: The untold story of the family of Barry George, wrongly convicted for the murder of Jill Dando
  • The Frighteners: Why We Love Monsters, Ghosts, Death & Gore
  • A Fatal Secret (Ryder & Loveday Mystery, #4)
  • Wildflower