Start by marking “Pictures of Lily” as Want to Read:
Pictures of Lily

Pictures of Lily

Ten years ago when Lily was just 16, she fell in love with someone she really shouldn't have. Now, living in Sydney and engaged to another man, she can't forget the one that got away. When her past comes back to haunt her, she has to make a decision that will break her heart - and the heart of at least one of the men who love her.
Published July 8th 2010 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Pictures of Lily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pictures of Lily

Start your review of Pictures of Lily
Nina
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Pictures of Lily is the fourth one of Paige Toon's books I've read now and she's slowly but surely becoming one of my favorite authors! I know that I haven't rated any of her books 5 stars yet but that doesn't matter, her books are just perfect to get me out of any reading slump. I always fly through her books and fall in love with the characters she creates. I especially love how she always brings back some characters from earlier books and thus connects her novels with one another (but they're ...more
ALPHAreader
Jan 30, 2011 rated it did not like it
‘Pictures of Lily’ is the fourth book from contemporary romance author, Paige Toon.

Lily came to Australia when she was fifteen. She and her mum moved halfway around the world (and took a 24-hour plane trip!) to come and live in Adelaide with her mum’s new fella she met on the internet.

Lily was initially reluctant. Not even her sexy quasi-stepbrother, Josh, could sweeten the deal . . . and then she met the kangaroos, and koalas. Lily’s sort-of-stepfather, Michael, worked at a local conservation
Lynsey
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have read this countless times now and it is still one of my top favourites. It's a clean romance *shudders*, but that just shows you how good this is. Closed-bedroom-door is often a deal breaker for me, however, Paige Toon did something really clever and totally tapped into my teenage self.

I WAS Lily and I felt her emotions almost as if they were my own. My life has in no way been similar, but I did fall in love as a teenager and so this book took me back to those feelings in a very sweetly
Emma
Sara
Advice: If you are into Paige Toon read Lucy in the sky before this one.
I liked this book a little less than others from Paige Toon.
Mainly because it was a little slower paced and because the big dilemma is not actually there.
You know who Lily’s going to choose, she knows it, the author knew it, and the title says it all.
Also, I know it was the whole point of the book, but I don’t know I didn’t buy Lily and Ben’s love story, I felt kind of skeptical about it throughout the book.
Aoife
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it

When Lily is 16, she's forced to move to Australia with her mom. Feeling a bit lost, Lily eventually gets a job in a conservation park and meets Ben. Even though he's 12 years older, they have an instant connection and despite nothing ever happening they can't forget each other. Ten years later, Lily is engaged but bumps into Ben - suddenly she has to wonder if Ben is who she should be with or should she forget about him once and for all.

Note: this book has spoilers for Lucy in the
Natasha
LOOOOVEEEEE.
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVEEEEE!
Read immediately.
Immediately.

Okay full review:

This book is charming in so many ways it's hard to explain.
I'm a fan of chick-lit books. Chick-lit is more enjoyable to me than romance generally because I like the humor. This book is a sweet ride between hilarious, heart-warming, heart-breaking, surprising, and very sweet.

(SPOILERS)

Sweet young Lily is uprooted to go live in Australia with her mother who is always moving from guy to guy. Lily is pissy at this
Lara
Jun 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
I think the worst way in which a book can affect you, is none at all. It's complete indifference towards the book and the characters.
Unfortunately, this was exactly the case for me when I read Pictures of Lily. I didn't care about any of the characters - least of all Lily, the main character. She could have died and I would have merely yawned. Probably this makes me sound like a bad person but to justify myself: this novel really was boring and the characters too.

So, this novel is about Lily
Juliette
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I really liked the first part a lot. But the ending was kind of a let down for me. A lot of build up but a little predictable in the end. Still a good read but I wish there were about 30 extra pages, I needed more cuteness
Goddess Of Blah
Nov 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
TABOO ROMANCE. SIZZLING. SPARKS.
description
OFF THE CHARTS CHEMISTRY.
EXPLOSIVE SEXUAL TENSION.
description
HOT OLDER MAN. BEAUTIFUL YOUNG GIRL.
description

It's not INSTA-LUST - but a slow build up. There's so much sexual tension that the pages sizzle. Loved the descriptions of Australia and the coming-of-age element too.
description

Somehow the author has managed to brilliantly manifest the sexual tension between the characters without resorting to constant sex scenes. She captured the sexually charged energy and repressed emotional chemistry
Abantika(hiltonjenkin)
The first part of the book is set 10 years past, where 16 year old Lily moves to Australia from the UK with her mother. There she falls in love with an older guy, Ben, that becomes to be one of the most significant and constant feeling of hers. Then the book fast forwards to the present day, where Lily, engaged to Richard, once again crosses path with Ben. And thus starts the complications begin. This is slow burn, heart warming romance being hilarious at times. This is a love triangle done ...more
Natalie
Apr 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who reads Chick Lit
Shelves: borrowed-books
REVIEW POSTED AT THE HONEST BOOKCLUB

Leah
Jun 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
When Lily moved to Australia with her mother aged 16, the last thing she expected was to fall in love with someone, but fall in love she does. It doesn’t help, though, that the man she falls in love with not only has a girlfriend in England, but is also twelve years older than her. When he departs for England to join his girlfriend Lily is heartbroken and finds that, even 10 years later, she still can’t forget him. So when her boyfriend of two years, Richard, proposes, she’s quite literally ...more
Jessie
Oct 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
Leanne Crabtree
I really liked this!

Like Paige's latest book, The Sun in her Eyes, this too focuses on first loves but we actually read it happen so we fall for Ben at the same time. There's an age difference between them but for the ten years later bit it isn't as much of a problem. But what's to happen when Lily is already with someone else?

One thing I really like about these books is that Paige interlinks the books in various ways with characters that were main ones in previous books becoming secondary in
Alexandra
Jul 09, 2014 rated it liked it
To be honest I found it abit disturbing that a 28 year old man found a 16 year old girl attractive. Luckily he didn't act on his attraction. Despite 16 year old Lily practically throwing herself at him.
Ben ends up leaving Australia to move to the uk, with his fiancé . And lily tries to get on with her life. Never getting over him. The book then moves on to adult lily. And she is working as a temp secretary . Living with her boyfriend, and having conversations in her head with Ben.
While at a
Carrie
May 03, 2013 rated it liked it
**SPOILERS**

If the second half of the book was as good as the first, I'd have given this 4 stars.

I loved the first half. I loved Lily & Ben's relationship & I cried when he lef, not quite believing he would actually go through with getting married! :(

I was going through pages so fast, eager for their reunion but, well, it was a bit of an anitclimax really. I wanted Ben to declare his undying love, say how sorry he was, that he'd regretted his decision to leave her for the past decade.
Danielle
Jun 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing

I love the writing style of these books and how Paige makes the characters so believable and lovable. The heroines usually make mistakes which to makes them all the more human. The descriptions of Australia are great and I wish I could go there. I was a little worried about the story line to begin with, a teenage girl falling in love with someone older, I thought it would be some girly crush and pervy man but it felt like true love, you could feel the attraction and the pain.

There are mentions
Cat
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book by Paige Toon.
Again, I was able to read this in one sitting. I started at 11:30 this morning and finished at 3:30 this afternoon. It was brilliant and I was so pleased that we learnt that Nathan and Lucy from Lucy in the Sky got married and that they were in this book also :)
I'll admitt, I was hoping Lily would end up with Josh at the start but I quickly warmed to the idea of her and Ben, despite the 12 year age gap.
I cannot wait to get my hands on yet another book by
Kristine
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
This book is all right. You can read all the way through, but it is not a great book. It's split in two parts - one where the main character is 16, and one where she is 26. The first part is quite long, I only expected it to be a couple of chapters but it goes on, which is fine, but you should be aware of it. Not a lot of action takes place. It will do for an easy summer read but don't invest money in it, borrow it from the library.
tara
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
3.5

What can I say about Paige?
She loves complications, she loves to surprise you and take the story in a different direction than you first thought. Sometimes this is a good thing and sometimes it isn't.

''For all I knew it was a teenage crush.'
'It wasn't a teenage crush.'
He steps towards me. 'I know.''

Not my favourite by her, as she has grown so much as an author, when you compare her new and old books (this). It was age-gap and second chance, tropes I like. There was emotional cheating so I
Novelle Novels
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 stars..
This is the last Paige toon book I had to read and I thought how could it be as good as her other ones but wow it totally did. I loved the idea that true love never leaves you. This is the story of lily who moves to Australia when she is 15 and meets an older man who has such an influence on her that she gradually falls in love. The age difference means they can’t be together but years later they meet out of the blue. Lily is engaged but has never forgotten this influential
Pleun
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, 2018
Pamela Fernandes
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
I really loved the cover so I picked up the book. This is a fairly slow moving chick lit, not romance. I wouldn't call it a romance. This a big book and I loved the description of Australia. The research into the animals and other aspects of conservation was spot on but the story winds round the corners. Physically, Lily isn't cheating but technically she is. The love of her life returns after ten years and she wants Ben, but keeps Richard on the backburner evn though they're planning their ...more
Bookevin
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Rating : 5/5

'Will you marry me?'

I think of you, then. I think of you every day. But usually in the quietest part of the morning, or the darkest part of the night. Not when my boyfriend of two years has just proposed. I look up at Richard with his hopeful eyes. 'Lily?' he prompts.

It's been ten years, but it feels like only yesterday that you left. How can I say yes to Richard with all my heart when most of it has always belonged to you? I take a deep breath and will myself to speak...

Ten years
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Pictures of Lily Review on K-Books

Yet another breathtaking novel from Paige Toon. Paige Toon is proving herself to be one of the front runners of the Chick Lit genre. I just can't get enough of her books. I find all of them completely unputdownable and end up reading them in one sitting and Pictures of Lily was no different. I loved it.

Lily has lived in Sydney for two years and is in a stable relationship and is completely happy... until her boyfriend proposes. How can Lily accept Richard's
Stacey Houllis
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lily is young girl 15 years old whose mum move to Australia from England after meeting a man on line with her they move to live with him in Adelaide Hills. Michael works at Conservation Animals Park where she meets Ben a much older young man works at the park. Lily finds herself falling in love with him. Ben teaches Lily how to drive, look after the animals as she helps out the park including a koala and encourages her love for photography,
Ben is leaving to get married in England when lily
Aug 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Paige Toon seems to have taken the chick lit world by storm in the last couple of years, and no wonder, her books are immensely readable and once you start there really is no putting them down!

‘Pictures of Lily’ is Paige’s fourth book and has been very eagerly awaited by her fans, not least because she has been promising updates on our favourite characters from her other books.

The eponymous Lily is a twenty-six year old temp who lives and works in Sydney, Australia. The book begins with Lily
Leigh
May 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Megan Readinginthesunshine
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Paige Toon’s Pictures of Lily was published in 2010 but I’m writing a review on it now because I loved it so much. This was actually the first Paige Toon book I picked up, I fell in love with the title, started reading it as soon as I arrived home and finished the entire book in one sitting.

This book is very interesting in that the first part is written from Lily’s perspective when she is a teenager, and then we fast-forward ten years for the second part which sees Lily now engaged to a man that

• My Single Friend
  • It Started With A Kiss
  • I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • Don't You Forget About Me
  • I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
  • You're the One That I Want
  • I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)
  • I Heart Hawaii (I Heart Series, Book 8)
  • I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)
  • The Beach Café (The Beach Café, #1)
  • One in a Million
  • Heaven Can Wait
  • I Heart Christmas (I Heart, #6)
  • Christmas With Billy and Me (Billy and Me, #1.5)
  • The Single Girl's To-Do List
  • Always With Love (Billy and Me, #2)
  • Some Kind of Wonderful
I was born in 1975 and my dad’s career as a racing driver meant that I grew up between Australia, England and America. I worked at heat magazine for eight years as Reviews Editor, but left to have a baby. I’m now a full-time author and freelance journalist. I live in North London with my husband Greg, son Indy and daughter Idha.
“That’s the scary thing about unrequited relationships – there’s no line you can draw underneath them. The love just keeps on living, bubbling away below the surface.” 12 likes
“Yes, I still call them flip-flops, even though I've lived in Australia for ten years. I can't accept that thongs aren't something that get stuck up the crack in your bum.” 11 likes