Start by marking “Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death” as Want to Read:
Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death

Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death

James Van Praagh is a spiritual medium--someone who is able to bridge the physical and spiritual worlds. Unaware of his spiritual gifts until he was in his twenties, he slowly came to terms with his unique abilities. In addition, many of his sessions with grieving people who came to him looking to contact the spirits of deceased loved ones are explored. From a devastated m ...more
Published March 1st 1999 by Signet

Start your review of Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death
Eden
I have known about James Van Praagh for a long time. When he had his show where he did readings for people (much like John Edwards show), I watched that. I believe it only lasted one season, which was disappointing. It was a good show.

I've also seen him on shows like Unsolved Mysteries. I like him and what he does. However, I've never read one of his books.

What prompted me to read this is that October 10th, I will be going to see James Van Praagh. I am very excited and decided to grab him of his
Erin Nudi
Jan 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very good, interesting book. I really liked his thoughts with communicating with dead animals as well as humans.
Dorie
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Talking To Heaven:A Mediums Message After Death🍒🍒🍒
By James Van Praagh
1999

"I believe the leaders of religions are more interested in gaining power here on earth, then preparing the flocks for salvation. "

"The idea of a guardian angel is one of the few truisms that organized religion has not destroyed."

Afterlife. After. Life.
How can anyone know what happens after we live...after we pass...How does anyone know about the afterlife unless they were already dead?
This is exactly what Van Praagh will
Sharon
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Although a good part of the information was some I had learned before, the book was, after all written a good number of years ago, I couldn't help but wish that I had read it in the beginning of my search for this information. It is written in an easy to understand style, the flow of thought and words was captivating as well as the topic, and convincing, ringing true with each page. I've since learned much about Mr. Van Praagh and admire him and his work. I definitely recommend this work for tho ...more
DeBora Rachelle
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I found chapter 7 on suicides to be extremely interesting. The fact that we are put here to learn love and one of the first lessons is learning to love the self because we cannot love others if we first do not love our self. Also the probability that perhaps a soul can come down to earth and it was not mature enough to join the physical world in the first place. This young or immature soul may feel they didn't fit in and this time on earth for them was not the right time.

I gave this book 3 stars
Susana Bargiela
Three stars because it's well written and I took it as a fairy tale story, but as a non-believer I can't help wondering: are there people out there who really believe in these things? I wish I could, but there's no real evidence and the testimonies given are just this, testimonies. ...more
Kimberly Reana
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Now I can laugh and smile at every little thing that amuses me. All thanks to Dr. Maway and his efforts to fix my situation. I was a sad lady and everything good around me seems to remind me of what I had and what I lost. Yeah I was in love and I lost it Many months have passed since my boyfriend left home and refused to contact me. he wrote to me last week to stop texting or calling him. I couldn't take it anymore, so I contacted Dr. Maway for help. he was so quick to take my case. And cast a s ...more
D.G. Kaye
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Medium James Van Praagh is a well-known psychic medium who writes in this book about his live experiences doing readings for people wanting to connect with lost loved ones.

He shares how he introduces himself to each client by sharing incidence in the client’s life that nobody else would never even know. Using examples of stories of his encounters with spirit, he shares how he receives his information and how he feels what the deceased experienced as their death.

For anyone curious to learn what h
Marina Quattrocchi
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Although written in 1997 this book is still way ahead of it's time and it's easy to see how Van Praagh has become so popular. He writes in a straightforward easy to understand fashion, even when describing very complex concepts that are often hard to get your mind around. The information is fascinating and insightful. Not only does James Van Praagh describe how he got started as a medium, but he recounts several actual sessions where he spoke to people who had crossed over due to fatal collision ...more
Irene Grilo
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
On Larry King live show, saw an interview with James van Praagh.
A couple of months later, bought this book in NYC, Barnes & Noble. To my surprise, as I arrived at my hotel door, I notice a big board on a bookstore where James was signing books the following morning.
Went there, met with James and bought a new copy that he kindly signed.
This book brought me much Peace as I was dealing with my Father's terminal cancer.
I have bought it for several friends and family members. It make a, positive, dif
Constance Jepsen
A wonderful book that leaves you full of hope! I lost my teenage brother to suicide 34 years ago and still suffer with questions and regrets, this book has given me hope to overcome those feelings. If you struggle with the loss of a loved one I would highly recommend any of James's books.

Talking to heaven is so far my favorite. It would be awesome to meet him one day or attend one of his demonstrations.
Katrina
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
The main title may be slightly misleading.

The first part is about the author and how he became a medium. I found his story interesting.

The second part is some stories about readings he has given people. Many of the stories are about tragic deaths, so some of them were hard to read.

The third part is about how to develop yourself as a medium. This is a repeat of what other mediums have expressed.

The book is well written and easy to read.
Deborah Napier
May 25, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not for Christians

This book is terrible for a Christian to read. I skipped over the section at the end that tells us how to contact the dead. The holy bible says never contact the dead or have a medium contact the dead. The title of this book is very misleading since the word heaven is in the title.
Kris Raah
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book. I have seen the other side and talked to people who have crossed over there, but this book makes me understand that it’s real and I am not insane for seeing it, because I have been to the other side I know it exists! But also, writing about that other world that I see is going to help people.
Anna
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Interesting book, easy to read and follow. I don't know what exists or doesn't exist out there, but if what Van Praagh says is true, the it's very comforting to know our loved ones are with us. I enjoyed reading the people's personal stories and experiences. ...more
Gloria
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, its basically about the author talking to those who have passed over to the other side and giving their messages to loved ones. If you like this type of story you should be well pleased with this one.
P.S. Winn
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you are interested in just what might be waiting for you after you leave this world, grab this book written by a psychic medium who may have that special connection between worlds and a few answers to the questions we all wonder about.
Mercurymouth
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book came to me at the right time. My beloved Shuggie (dog) died and I started thinking about mediumship a bunch. This idea of nothing dying really helped me through her death.
This book also reinforced some ideas on suicide and LOVE being the reason that we humans exist.
Inra
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really love this book. The contents tell many examples of human communication with relatives who have already died, how the author became a medium, and he also taught how to do meditation. I recommend this book for all spiritualists seekers out there.
Michelle Corcoran
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I've read James Van Prough. Great to read someone who believes as I do. This book includes excerises and meditations to develop your own psychic abilities. ...more
Abigail G
While I would not suggest this book to anyone ever and would discourage anyone from reading it, the book did provide certain elements of information that I desired to glean on this subject.
Lynn Rainsford
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so important to me at a time I really needed it. It opened up my world considerably. I recommend this to anyone who is first discovering this phenomenon.
Jyoti
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book gave me hope and comfort after my father's passing. ...more
Ruby Banks
Very uplifting if you are looking for reassurance after a loved one has passed on.
Bernice
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great practical guide to life after life. I love my new understanding of how close the after life is and how, if I pay closer attention, my guides and guardian angels are with me at every moment.
Shellie Shannon

Forgive Africa.
~
Margarita
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has very important information, I listened to it on an audiobook but decided to buy a hard copy so I can outline and re-read all the good information it contains.
Annika
This is a life changing book - absolutely! Heaven does exist and there is really no such thing as death. Van Praagh is an amazing storyteller and medium. If you wonder whether you should read this book, trust me and read it!:) You will love it!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy
  • Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon - Survival of Bodily Death
  • The Other Side and Back
  • Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
  • Signs: The Secret Language of the Universe
  • One Last Time: A Psychic Medium Speaks to Those We Have Loved and Lost
  • Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man Who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received
  • Hidden Messages in Water
  • The Celestine Vision: Living the New Spiritual Awareness
  • Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential
  • The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision (Celestine Prophecy, #2)
  • The Seat of the Soul
  • Medical Medium: Secrets Behind Chronic and Mystery Illness and How to Finally Heal
  • The Light Between Us: Stories From Heaven, Lessons for the Living
  • Belle (Belle, #1)
  • Embraced by the Light
See top shelves…
His very natural, easy-going style would lead you to believe that James Van Praagh is chatting with a friend on the telephone, not communicating messages from the grave. James is a survival evidence medium, meaning that he is able to bridge the gap between two planes of existence, that of the living and that of the dead, by providing evidential proof of life after death via detailed messages. "I'm ...more

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...
“We are all the same. God has not chosen one group above another. When we dare to be aware, we will raise our understanding and compassion and see everyone as part of the universal energy of God. We will be free of prejudice and hatred based on someone’s color, race, sex, or gender preference. God is not limited. Only humans limit their thinking.” 6 likes