Start by marking “Coral Moon” as Want to Read:
Coral Moon

Coral Moon (Kanner Lake #2)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  737 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
In book two of the Kanner Lake Series by Brandilyn Collins, a murder and a cryptic message plunge a small resort community in the wilds of northern Idaho into a terrifying encounter with the supernatural. And the solution appears to be one that can't be true ... but must be.
Published May 26th 2009 by Zondervan (first published April 3rd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Coral Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coral Moon

Stefanie
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brandilyn Collins does it again, but this time with a LOT more creepy suspense. I definitely had to put this book down a few times to allow myself to breathe and process what I was reading.
The creepiness aside, I thoroughly enjoyed this second book in the Kanner Lake Series and look forward to reading book number three.
Deborah
Mar 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Not easily frightened Christian readers
Did somebody say page turner? From past experience reading Bradilyn's books, I knew this would be a great read, but PHEW! I don't scare easily from reading a book, but this one had me feeling a little twitchy when I had to walk down the dark hallway at night.

Coral Moon is the second book in the Kanner Lake series, and I could be wrong, but I think it even managed to eclipse Book One. Mix together an insane killer on the loose and a particularly nasty couple of demonic spirits and you've got the
Sarita
This book is not for sensitive readers. The book deals with demonic, so is definitely not for every reader. Having read Frank Peretti's books, I'm not blind to the good versus evil in the spiritual. The section though about the killer's past was a bit too dark for me and I skipped some of the darker bits.

The part about the murders etc was suspenseful and kept me guessing and reading. Even with the darker bits, I kept on reading because I wanted to know who the killer is. The author did a great j
Alaina
It was an okay book. I really did not like the mention of of sences and trying to send back spirits. It was still a page turning book
Tyora Moody
Sep 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coral Moon is the second book in the Kanner Lake series. Months after the murder of Edna San, the normally quiet town is still reeling from the media circus that descended upon them as a result of the high profile murder. With a major lead on a breaking news story, the town’s ambitious reporter Leslie Brymes has benefited from the publicity more than anyone else. Unfortunately, Leslie’s boosted career move may have made her a target.

Leaving for work one morning, Leslie finds the body of a belove
Tedi
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hard and sad book! It was creepy and hard for me to get through, but it's good.
Nichole
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok. I read this book a while back (last year, I think), and gave it 2 stars. I am resubmitting a rating of five stars. From the moment I picked up this book (uh, metaphor for my Kindle), I hated it; I mean REALLY HATED IT! Yet I read the whole book - every word. Why? I am a Christian; actually quite a conservative Christian. I want no part of the evils in this world. And yet, evil exists - EVERYWHERE! So to read about the evil Brandilyn Collins writes in this story about a small, unassuming town ...more
Lisa Johnson
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: Coral Moon (Kanner Lake Series #2)
Author: Brandilynn Collins
Pages: 319
Year: 2007
Publisher: Zondervan
This series of novels is part of Zondervan’s Seatbelt Suspense Series and boy does this novel live up to that title! Readers head back to Kanner Lake, Idaho, approximately one month after the events of the first book in the series, Violet Dawn, have taken place.
Leslie Brymes, a young reporter for the Kanner Lake Times, has started receiving presents. She has no idea who they are from and
TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey
The figure remained still as stone. Leslie couldn’t even detect a breath.

Spider fingers teased the back of her neck.

Leslie’s feet rooted to the pavement. She dropped her gaze to the driveway, seeking … what? Spatters of blood? Footprints? She saw nothing. Honed through her recent coverage of crime scene evidence, the testimony at last month’s trial, the reporter in Leslie spewed warnings: Notice everything, touch nothing.

Leslie Williams hurries out to her car on a typical workday morning—and dis
Maria
Barbara
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brandilynn Collins did not disappoint in this second installment of the Kanner Lake Series. Reporter Leslie Brymes is the focal point of this story. She learns that reporting news has more reponsibility to it that just stating what is going on in this small town. I thought I knew how it would end, but was taken by surprise. This novel does deal with the supernatural and has drawn some unfavorable reviews because of it. However, one good point was made by Pastor Hank. If we believe that there are ...more
Stacy
A good second installment in the Kanner Lake series. The murder mystery behind this one had a more unrealistic aspect for me, but it wasn't bad. This one has a supernatural flavor, with ghosts, seances, demons, etc. But it was not all that scary or gory, just right for a light reader like myself. As with the first one, it was a good mystery for me and kept me guessing up towards the end. Enjoying the characters and the town, and looking forward to reading the last two in the series. I think thes ...more
Joanie Bruce
This book has definitely upheld Ms. Collins’ reputation for “seat-belt suspense.” Finding a murderer intent on murdering indefinitely will keep you turning pages.

What I liked: The characters were believable and each had their own personality. It was hard to discern which character was the “bad guy” before the end of the story.

What I didn’t like: The dark, evil presence that was prevalent throughout this book made me a little uncomfortable. Ghosts, spirits, séances, and unexplained evidence and e
Debra
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fast-paced mystery by an author who is known for "Seatbelt Suspense" with good reason. It was so hard to stop reading it - I wanted to find out what happened to who next! Her characters are well-formed and believable. Her plot thickens and builds to a crescendo. I did not figure out who was the culprit until the police chief did. The suspense built quickly and stayed there... A very enjoyable and spine-chilling book without cursing or a lot of gore!
R
Mar 29, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Linda
Recommended to R by: Paige
This is another good read by Collins. I like the "real-ness" of the multi-facited characters. The sheriff is not just a crime-solver but a man who reflects on his own personal feelings. There is a smattering of how people who go to church (but not overly religious) respond to other people. It is a refreshing realism. The part of the Kanner Lake series that I like the best is the Java Joint and the blog. This is a quick read.
Gail
Jan 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book of the Kanner Lake series but can be read as a stand alone. Brandilyn Collins books are described as seatbelt suspense...mysteries and this one dealt with spiritual warfare. Both I've read have grabbed me and kept my attention. But I'm easily scared and don't read mysteries often, I read this one while on a trip so it helped somewhat that I was away from home!
Ann
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book could be called a Christian based mystery. It has the elements of good versus evil, spiritualism, spirituality and the Power of Prayer. A woman loved by all in the community is found murdered. The body was discovered in the car of the local reporter, Leslie Williams. The mystery itself is OK and the story moved along but the solution was a little "preachy" for my taste.
Quin
Feb 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coral Moon, by Brandilynn Collins, was not as good as the first book in the series. However, it did call to mind the fact that more teaching on the spiritual side of life needs to be taught by the people of faith.
Faith Wood
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, thriller
I love the suspense and surprises that this author reveals in her books and I was drawn to this series having spent summers at the cabin in Idaho. It is the perfect suspense thriller for a sunny summer afternoon
Kathy Dickinson
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My kind of book! Grabs you on the first page & will not turn you loose. Great mix of home town people, throw in lots of spooky & supernatural happenings plus lots of faith, & you have the perfect book. Read this book straight through, & loved every minute. Great read!
Amy
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a well written story with a nice twist. I like the characters in these books. I also like that it is a Christian book without hitting you square in the face with it. It mentions the bible and prayer but it doesn't quote bible verses on every page.
Christine Driesbaugh
Didn't hold my attention.Read it fast just to be done and move on to the next book.If you're looking for Christian fiction on the supernatural try Frank Peretti.I recommend This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness.
joyce lynn
Jul 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ok, i now have a new favorite by this author ~ this book!!!

it's a bit different from her others, altho, still a definite suspense mystery. the "difference" made it MUCH more suspenseful AND even harder to put down than her others!!!

WOW!!!
Joyce
I have loved all of Brandilyn Collin's books. However, even though this one was definitely suspenseful and held my interest, this book didn't appeal quite as much to me because of all the emphasis on dark forces, demons, and seances.
Karen & Gerard
This is a murder mystery that involves evil spiritual forces and that was a hard one to figure out. It is certainly unusual and spooky. It deals with ghosts, curses, demons and seances. I didn't like the creepiness of this one but it kept my interest to the end.
Anna
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like Brendylynn Collins but this was not the book for me I tried to pick this book up twice now and couldn't finish it either time reading the third one in the series but again this I guess is just the narrator but I don't care for I will try another one by the same author
Kendra Armstrong
Chilling...but I'm going back for more-I'm on page 77 of the next book in the Kanner Lake series, Crimson Eve
Susan
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't wait to read more of this author! This one is a bit creepy given the topic, but it's excellent!!
Judy Feenstra
another good book by Brandilyn Collins. Ready for the third book in this series.
Andrea
Jun 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read. Keeps you on the edge of your seat! My favorite one of the series so far!
  • Vital Signs (Baxter #3)
  • Life Everlasting (Santee, #2)
  • Storm Gathering (The Storm Series #1)
  • Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
  • Deadlock
  • The Cross Examination of Oliver Finney
  • Shattered Justice (Family Honor Series #1)
  • Blood Evidence (NCIS, #2)
Brandilyn Collins is a best-selling novelist known for her trademark Seatbelt Suspense®--fast-paced, character-driven suspense with myriad twists and an interwoven thread of faith.

Brandilyn is also known for her distinctive book on fiction-writing techniques, Getting Into Character: Seven Secrets a Novelist Can Learn From Actors (John Wiley & Sons). She is a sought-after teacher and speaker a
More about Brandilyn Collins...

Kanner Lake (4 books)
  • Violet Dawn (Kanner Lake Series #1)
  • Crimson Eve (Kanner Lake Series #3)
  • Amber Morn (Kanner Lake Series, #4)