Start by marking “Dumbo” as Want to Read:
Dumbo

Dumbo (Disney Diecut Classics)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  24,128 Ratings  ·  84 Reviews
Dumbo, der kleine Elefant mit den riesigen Ohren, fühlt sich sehr einsam - bis eine freundlich kleine Maus sein Leben ändert. Wird sein neuer Freund ihm dabei helfen, der Star des Zirkus zu werden?
Published August 1st 1987 by Mouse Works (first published January 1st 1940)

To ask other readers questions about Dumbo, please sign up.

Peregrine 12
Dec 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children, of course! And parents who'll read it to them.
Pure magic. I am convinced that this book was one of the very early, formative events of my life. No kidding. Thanks, Mom, for keeping me surrounded by Little Golden Books!
Heather's Mum
Dumbo written by Helen Aberson
My big sister used to call me Dumbo because my little ears stuck straight out! (I was just as ornery with my retort calling her Purina Dog Chow.)

My dad would soothe my hurt feelings by first reading Dumbo, then the Ugly Duckling. "Now see," he would say, "how unkind words can hurt. Poor little Dumbo couldn't help how different his ears were - he was still precious and beautiful to his mommy and daddy. Someday he will grow up and look just fine. And just like the Ug
Gabriella
I must admit that this book kinda scared me when I was younger. I don't remember exactly why, but it did.. I should read it again, because it has probably been more then 10 years.
Quetzal
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is so sad, I love it, Dumbo is one of my childhood favorite stories
Aleta
Chloë got this as a Christmas present, and I read it to her and Claudia when they were supposed to be settling down for bed. They listened to it, but it did not settle them down for any longer than the time it took to read though - too wound up, might miss something... (Sorry to anyone who actually wanted a review of the book, but this is what mattered to me about the experience.)
Holly Letson
I always enjoyed this movie and book.
Josh
Sep 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-book
A great book to teach children the importance of acceptance of character instead of appearance.
Cade
Nakia
Nicole
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s, 2017
WAY too many words for a Little Golden Book but it's a classic!
Hope
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The moral of the story is forgiveness in this edition 😍
Lucie
Bret
Lori
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
You don't even need to go much beyond the copyright page to be charmed. A little mouse, leading a floppy eared elephant, is hilarious. And the red hat was darling. I could just imagine, "The acrobats, the jugglers, the tumblers, the snake charmers, scramble to their places on the train." This is another gem in childen's literature.
Aparna Jyothikumar
Awesome book! Narrated with so much imagination... wish there were more such interesting books for kids today...
Collecting it for my little one and myself :-)
Karalee Hoge
The e-book of this was okay. On my phone it didn't work as well as it should. However, the way you chose the story was creative, as they passed by you on a train you touched the book you wanted to read. Another option was that you were able to take your photo in order to personalize your e-book. The story was read to you with sound effects and music included. Though I could move the story along, the app remained stuck on the title page, which caused me to miss out on the illustrations and whethe ...more
Amanda V
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Disney classic! I remember reading this story when I was just a little kid in daycare. I always felt like I could empathize with Dumbo, because I think that everyone has something about themselves that they are uncomfortable with or that is their least favorite feature. However, that is what makes you special and unique as a person. And sometimes, these features can be the most useful and purposeful of all, like Dumbo's ability to fly! This book works well to celebrate children's talents and w ...more
Dakotah Sporing
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book can be used to teach young students to be kind to everybody even if they don't look exactly like you or talk like you. it tells the classic story of dumbo and how he is made fun of for his large ears. I chose this book because many students probably heard of it but may have not read it, it also shows good lessons in it.
Alisha Brook
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids and Parents
Dumbo is such a cute book with many great messages when you think about it analytically.

*Don't give in to bullying
*Love yourself [no matter what others think about you]
*Bravery/Courage

I've always loved this book, just as many children/parents do and will for many years to come.

It's a classic! :)
Lindsey Buster
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We had so many Little Golden Book in our house, the classic Disney stories were the best. They always has a moral or life lesson within the story. In Dumbo he was the worst flyer but then becomes the best because of his big ears.
Book cover 4 4 Jan 04, 2013 11:22AM
Goodreads Librari...: Dumbo Book Cover 4 19 Jun 27, 2012 12:54PM
  • The Little Mermaid
  • The Lion King
  • Lady and the Tramp
  • The Three Little Pigs
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • The Three Bears
  • Frosty the Snowman (Frosty the Snowman)
  • Peter Pan
  • The Three Little Pigs
  • The Country Mouse and the City Mouse; The Fox and the Crow; The Dog and His Bone
  • Three Little Kittens
  • Disney's the Lion King
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
  • The Honey Tree
  • The Shy Little Kitten
  • The Little Red Caboose
  • Scuffy the Tugboat
  • The Gingerbread Man
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias “Walt” Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...

Disney Diecut Classics (4 books)
  • Alice In Wonderland (Disney Classics)
  • Disney Mickey Mouse Adventure Tales and Stories