Start by marking “Star Trek Enterprise: Last Full Measure” as Want to Read:
Star Trek Enterprise: Last Full Measure

Star Trek Enterprise: Last Full Measure (Star Trek: Enterprise #10)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  292 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Without warning or provocation an alien weapon appears above Earth and unleashes a blast that kills millions across two continents. A second such weapon could destroy the entire planet. In a desperate bid to save Earth and its people, Starfleet must change its mission from one of peaceful exploration to one of military service.

Only the Starship Enterprise is fast enought
Published September 14th 2006 by Pocket Books/Star Trek (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek Enterprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek Enterprise

Nimrodds
!יש עוד הרבה לקרוא בעלילה זו
Michael
May 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Chiara
Mar 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, lets say it was all right. Enjoyable, off-canon true, but still a fairly good read. It did drag a little at times, and I was slightly annoyed at the poor character development (particularly Travis, I can't recall how many times the fact he was a space-boomer was mentioned). I would recommend this to definite STE fans, otherwise steer clear.
Crystal Bensley
An ok Enterprise book with an interesting ending!
David King
"Last Full Measure" by Michael A. Martin & Andy Mangels was the first of the Enterprise re-launch novels to be released which continued telling original stories after the end of the TV series. Although I will clarify that outside the framing story, "Last Full Measure" is set firmly within the time period of the show and actually follows on quite well from the last Star Trek book I read, "The Expanse".

The central storyline is quite standard compared to most of the other stories set in Enterpr
Andrew Maddox
Well, my first experience with an Enterprise novel and overall I've come away feeling... meh. I want to preface this by explaining that I wasn't the biggest fan of Enterprise when it first aired but last year I re-watched it and gained a new sense of appreciation for it. This novel though just didn't do it justice in my opinion.

First of all the plot. Its set within the third season and the story just didn't grab me. I knew right away that due to the plot and the setting, this story was going to
Camille
Jan 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-trek, e-books
Okay, let's get to the point - it was wishy-washy. I only read the book because I was keen to read The Good That Men Do and Romulan War novels, and I figured I should cover the entire Enterprise relaunch from the start. And while I don't regret reading it, it was far from a masterpiece.

The premise of the story is good - the tension between Starfleet and the MACOs during season three wasn't explored much in the TV series outside of Reed and Hayes bashing each other up, so Martin and Mangles evide
Valentino Vitez
I enjoyed it. The story telling gets a little monotonous at times. The ending is wonderful, the beginning is wonderful. It's the book in which they start to " fix " what left broken in the last episode of ENT.
Robert Sparrenberger
The good: classic self contained Star Trek novel with a decent story and plot.

The bad: captain archer never, ever would have tortured that alien. The authors did a disservice to themselves by inserting politics into their dedication. They were trying to make a connection to the CIA and their enhanced interrogation techniques. Captain archer never would have done that.

For the record I don't want to know about whether you thought the Iraq war was justified or not. I'm reading your book because I
Kefer
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
I think that this book would have been a lot stronger had I not read David Mack's Destiny trilogy first. This book definitely seems to write the book on the relationship that MACOs had with early Starfleet - but it does it through the eyes of Mayweather and Reed (more successfully with the former than the latter). Yet, I feel that if you really wanted a strong feel for the imposition of the MACOs on Enterprise's Starfleet, you should read David Mack's Destiny and give this one a pass.. It's a be ...more
Dan
Nov 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek, ent
An interesting and action-driven story, Last Full Measure was a fun read. However, the failure on the authors' parts to adhere to established Trek canon (character deaths, T'Pol's rank or lack thereof) were annoying and did take me out of the story somewhat. I understand that this is obsessive attention to detail, but I'm a Star Trek fan and this is a Star Trek novel; what do you expect? All of that said, Last Full Measure was worth reading, and the examination of the relationship between the St ...more
Angela
Set early on when the Mako's first turn up on Enterprise, this novel looks at the differences between Mako's and Starfleet. From having to share tiny rooms to having vastly different philosophies about everything. There's some nice character moments, and looks at how far they will go to save the Earth. The plot is the Enterprise trying to find the Xindi, and stumbling on a Xindi base. This is a decent enough story but it is the characters that will keep you reading. A good read.
J.L.
I decided not to finish this book for 100% subjective reasons. This novel was very well written, and the characterization of the Enterprise crew was spot-on. I also loved how fleshed out the authors made the MACO characters.

Unfortunately, I found myself less interested in a book that takes place between two episodes of the show, so like I said, that's all on me. I think that anyone else who enjoys reading Star Trek Enterprise novels should absolutely give this one a shot.
Amy
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ette
Jul 14, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's a Star Trek novel (yes, a theme in my current reads). But it's from the TV show Enterprise--a nightmare of Trek in my humble opinion. It's not an awful book, but I wasn't a big fan of ENT. I'll stop here before I get into geek-speak ramblings :)
James
Mar 01, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
Far better than much of the other books of this genre. It's an actual Sci Fi novel with political intrigue. But I would have gotten more out of it if I was more invested in this particular Star Trek (Archer/Enterprise) series.
Robert Lewter
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great entertainment.
Bobby Litton
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really great book! Surprising ending, but very awesome!
Taylor
Jan 24, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, star-trek
Pretty basic adaptation of a portion of the Enterprise series. Some new character and situations added, not a lot of surprises. First in the new relauch series.
Joseph Barnes
May 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story line. This was an adventure not shown on the series but fits very well into the storyline. Has a surprise about one of the characters on the show who was "killed"...:)
Fraser
Apr 06, 2016
David
Aug 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Daedalus's Children (Star Trek: Enterprise #8)
  • By the Book (Star Trek: Enterprise #2)
  • The Good That Men Do (Star Trek: Enterprise #11)
  • Surak's Soul (Star Trek: Enterprise #5)
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • Shockwave (Star Trek: Enterprise #3)
  • Reap the Whirlwind (Star Trek: Vanguard, #3)
  • Blind Man's Bluff (Star Trek: New Frontier, #18)
  • A Choice of Futures (Star Trek: Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #1)
  • Burning Dreams
  • Glass Empires (Star Trek: Mirror Universe)
  • The Art of the Impossible (Star Trek: The Lost Era, 2328-2346)
  • Summon the Thunder (Star Trek: Vanguard, #2)
Michael A. Martin's solo short fiction has appeared in The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction. He has also coauthored (with Andy Mangels) several Star Trek comics for Marvel and Wildstorm and numerous Star Trek novels and eBooks, including the USA Today bestseller Titan: Book One: Taking Wing; Titan: Book Two: The Red King; the Sy Fy Genre Award-winning Star Trek: Worlds of Deep Space 9 Boo ...more
More about Michael A. Martin...

Star Trek: Enterprise (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • By the Book (Star Trek: Enterprise #2)
  • Shockwave (Star Trek: Enterprise #3)
  • What Price Honor? (Star Trek: Enterprise #4)
  • Surak's Soul (Star Trek: Enterprise #5)
  • The Expanse (Star Trek: Enterprise #6)
  • Daedalus (Star Trek: Enterprise #7)
  • Daedalus's Children (Star Trek: Enterprise #8)
  • Rosetta (Star Trek: Enterprise #9)
  • The Good That Men Do (Star Trek: Enterprise #11)