Start by marking “Three Day Passes (Jarheads, #3)” as Want to Read:
Three Day Passes (Jarheads, #3)

Three Day Passes (Jarheads #3)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  398 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
What happens when an ammunitions expert brings a baby green marine home for his own personal redneck? Sex. Lots and lots of sex. Three Day Passes explores the beginning of the relationship between Sargeant South, Private Main and Alex "Rigger" Roberts. Dick, Rock and Rigger spend their time and energy on the important things--good beer, good sex, good friends and the occas ...more
Nook, 375 pages
Published September 15th 2003 by Torquere Press (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Three Day Passes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Day Passes

Jess
Re-Read Jan 2012

This book is a fuck fest...

But it is more then that. The story basically goes from one sex scene to the next but the author uses the sex to tell the story. As much as I am a Smut Queen I have to admit that I actually look forward to each scene, not for its sex but for the small slices of the mens lives we see.

Each sex scene reveals something new. Hidden insecurities, vulnerabilities, strengths, fears, hopes, dreams - you get the picture.

Rock and Rig have been partners for years.
Rhianon
Oct 08, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Michael's "soldiers" left me extremely disappointed. This isn't about soldiers at all, really. It's just about three men whose line of work happens to be soldiering, and for the most part that detail stays firmly in the background. It's gratuitous PWP for the most part, and if that's what you're looking to read, it will work for you. I, however, was rather disappointed with it.
Charly
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Know what to expect, and you’re less likely to be disappointed

JARHEADS SERIES: VOLUME 3 (chronologically), BOOK 1 (written first, as far as I can tell)
Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 7/10

PROS:
- 3 endearing, sexy guys with different personalities. Each has specific, unique ways in which to comfort the other two.
- Smokin’ hot sex. For the most part, it’s emotional and sweet--though in a less obvious, traditional way than in some other m/m books I’ve
ElaineY
Jul 06, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
I only just started this and am less than halfway through so the lone star may change though I doubt it.

I was expecting there to be a story, like a "real" story meaning some plot, of how Rigger and Rock met Dick but it has nothing but sex, page after page...after page. I'm also finding it very difficult to follow whose dick is in Dick and whose mouth is full of whom, who's getting his rocks off Rock.

I don't know if Sean Michael writes this way for all his menage stories but I hope not because I
Jenre
This got 3 stars 'cause I read it in bits over several months. Whenever I was in the mood for a bit of hot ménage sex, I'd dig it out and read a chapter or so before getting a bit bored and putting it down again. Occasionally the odd bit of plot would crop up amongst the sex, like little nuggets of gold, and I'd gobble that up before being dragged back down by the sex :). Liked the characters and will probably read the first two Jarhead books, set before Dick comes along, when I get the time.
Amara
Jan 28, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, mm, dnf, reviewed
The thing I learned from reading this was I need at least a little bit of a plot. I read don't ask don't tell also, and I do like Rock and Rig and Dick. I even found the sex really hot. But after a while it gets to repetative.
Wendy
Dec 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the story underneath the "fun" that the guys have. The new addition of Dick adds another element to the story. I truly enjoy the dynamic between all three men and Grimm. It is heartfelt story with plenty of "fun".
Best one so far
Giovanna Reaves
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just perfect

I read this book, we'll series a while back. It's my go to read when I'm not looking for something too plot heavy.
Sophia
This is book three chronologically in the series. It tells the story how the twosome becomes a threesome and what that entails for them.

Rock brings home a new Marine, Richard 'Dick' Main, on a three day weekend to stay with him and Rig indefinitely since the barracks are overflowing to either just have a place to stay or also to join them in their play. Dick proves that though young and innocent, he's game for whatever they offer up. Both men take to Dick and he to them and over time there is no
Jul 21, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me start off by saying that I really love the characters in the Jarheads series. I wish Sean Michael didn't feel it necessary to put sooooooo much sex in the books and spent more time on the stories. I reread these for the characters and skim over a lot of the sex.

I like Rig, Rock and Dick together but my favorites of the Jarheads books are Don't Ask, Don't Tell and Personal Leave when Rig and Rock are just a couple.
Lizzie
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Imaginative, hot sex on every page - and as I'm leading with this, be warned, if you don't want to read about three hot men having almost constant sex, don't read it!
That said, the characters are warm and well written, a likeable trio - but I do feel like I missed a book introducing me to Rock and Rigger. Dick is adorable - just wish he wasn't called Dick!
Not much plot but a nice, warm read with no drama - oh.... and did I mention the sex?
Brie
Feb 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
LOVE LOVE LOVE Three Day Passes! It was definity my favortie out of the six. Minimal family crisis (so i didn't cry) and they brought me my Pretty!(Richard)I am a big romance junkie so it's great how you can see the love grow between the newfound threesome. Reading the holiday scenes with Rig's family is always a treat too and all the wonderful kiddies loved their new Uncle Richard. The best part is always them breaking in Richard and debauching the innocent cherry ;)
Renee (ren213)
As much as I think there is nowhere near enough plot thrown in I can't help being a little addicted to finding out what happens to the guys. It does feel like a waste skipping over huge sections of the books to get past the cut'n'paste sex scenes. I have the next one so I will read it but I may just have to move on to reading blurbs to find out what happens to them.
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
Read 11/23/2013

Re-read 04/18/2016

This is 400 pages of sex, sex, and more sex. It is was the very first MMM book that I read back in the stone age of my MM reading. It will probably always hold a special place (no matter how cheesy it is or the complete lack of plot).
Emily Moore
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, gay, menage
Mrsgeo
May 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-jarheads
More plot this time which made the book a lot more enjoyable.
Penny
Jul 10, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I thought I was buying a book with a storyline and a plot. Wellll, what I got was a book of sex scenes. It was hot at first, but later it was just more of the same.
Erotic Horizon
Three Day Passes by Sean Michael (2003)
Lisa
Ok. Yes it was PWP. it's the story of how the third man in their ménage, Dick came to stay.
Yes, there's an awful lot of sex and a little story.
Some hot fisting an a DP.
Shannon
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cover-color-blue
Really hard to know these guys when all they do is have sex!
Sally halliday
May 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was really good lots of sex
Jb
May 17, 2012
Crystal Ayres
Oct 14, 2012
  • What We Deserve
  • Bound To Please (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • Bondage (Deviations, #4)
  • A Man, a Jersey, and a Tight End (Goldilocks #2)
  • On Fire II: Still Burning (On Fire, #2)
  • Fun With Dick and Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #1)
  • Where the Heart Is
  • Room at the Edge (Room at the Top, #2)
  • Sleeping Stone
  • Going Against Orders (Men in Love #5)
  • Out of the Darkness (Dark Horse, #2)
  • Starting Over
  • Three Traders (Falls Chance Ranch #2)
  • Duck Fart (Del Fantasma)
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more
More about Sean Michael...

Jarheads (6 books)
  • Don't Ask, Don't Tell (Jarheads, #1)
  • Personal Leave (Jarheads, #2)
  • Tempering (Jarheads, #4)
  • Out of the Closet (Jarheads, #5)
  • On the Sand (Jarheads, #6)