Start by marking “Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress” as Want to Read:
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress

Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress

Sophomore year, Nicolette Antonovich was dumped two days before prom by the hottest guy at school. As a result, she became the proud owner of one unworn, perfectly magical pink vintage dress. But Nic is determined to put that night behind her for good. She's a junior now— older, wiser, and completely overwhelmed by a new set of problems: (1) The bank's ready to foreclose o ...more
Published December 18th 2008 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published February 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress

Start your review of Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress
Lsprouse
This is a cute book for teen girls. I admired it because it had nothing objectionable in it, and the main character is a good role model. It is a typical romance story that the reader can see coming, but it is a fun, light read.
Brandy
Dec 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress was actually a really good, well interesting, book. It's about a teenage girl named Nicolette Antonovich. She's a high school student and, of course, there are boys involved. What high school story about a girl isn't? The so called "hottest" guy in her high school, Rascal, asks her to prom since his long time girlfriend moves. Yeah, sounds amazing right? Nope, because his miss lovemuffin herself moves back and Nicolette is left without a date to prom and the ...more
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Nothing special. A bit superficial.
Melissa at My Chaotic Ramblings
While I like a light fluffy read, there was just something about the almost too high school setting in this that turned me off within the first few chapters. I liked that Nic had to deal with stuff that most teenagers don't; asking her dad to help her save her house. But the whole prom dress thing was a little too much for me. I wouldn't have kept the dress like Nic did, especially after the way Rascal dumped her as his prom date.
The almost childlike tension between Nic and her best friend Alis
Reign

4 …
5 …
6 oh, there's more..
7 …
8 wear it on the homecoming dance the next year.
9 …
10 and donate it for other girls to make new memories with it.

This is a quick, easy read. It's an okay book and I don't hate it.
Natshane
Nicolette was stood up on prom night, and her extravagant, not to mention extremely expensive dress which she hung on her bedroom door served as a constant reminder of that painful day. To cope with her distraught, her mum had came up with a list - top ten uses for an unworn prom dress.

I admit, I was attracted to this story by it's unique title, don't you think the title sounded promising? I thought I was in for a funny romance, but I was a bit disappointed by the outcome. Don't get me wrong, I
Kate McMurry
A cute and funny, young-adult romantic comedy

Nicolette Antonovich bought the prom dress of her dreams toward the end of her sophomore year when one of the cutest guys in school, Rod "Rascal" Pasqual, asked her to the prom. But her ecstasy turned to agony two days before the big event when Rascal suddenly dumped her and took his ex-girlfriend instead. Nic still cringes at the memory of that humiliating fiasco, but none of those painful emotions have affected her appreciation for her wonderful pro
Karielle at Books à la Mode
Dec 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
There are some books that make you want to rip your roots out of your head, and then there are some that are so easy and breezy to read/comprehend, that you can't keep your hands off it. Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress by Tina Ferraro was a book of the latter description. There's nothing that I like better in a book, than the style it portrays, of "beach read":

Blurb: Sophomore year, Nicolette Antonovich was dumped two days before prom by the hottest guy at school. As a result, she became t
Andrea
Apr 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So this review has been put off for too long and I'm finally sitting down and doing it. Okay this book is one of the typical romantic comedies and chick lit books that any girl would love (and I do). Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress has an excellent story behind it and the plot is carried out superbly. I love Tina's writing style and I need to get her newer book ABC's of Kissing. This story line revolves around one thing a pink prom dress, the main character Nicolette, bought for her pity d ...more
Sammy
May 29, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c-the-okay
Okay, first and for most this was one of those good, fun, light-in-one-night reads. Enjoyable, goofy, I really did not need to think all that much, which was a pretty nice relief after 1984.

For the most part I liked Nic, which is a good thing because you should like the protagonist of the book you're reading. But every once and a while she stopped acting like a normal teenager and suddenly was able to quell her emotions and act in a rational manner while those around her seemed to be off their r
P.A. Warren
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a Copy of Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress for a Honest Review
Nicolette is dumped...2 days prior to prom.Who does that..Well Rascal Pasqual apparently.All Nicolette can think of is THAT dress.She even has a list of what can be done with it.While you might be thinking is this just about a silly girl not getting to wear her prom dress its so much more then that.Nicolette has quite a bit on her plate..Her moms job is struggling,Rumors are flying around,Her friend is acting weird a
Cynthia Grinstead
I enjoyed this quick read! It will be perfect for my girls when they hit those teenage years!
Briana Yanson
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is different then what I thought it would be, It doesn't have a list of uses for an unworn prom dress. The theme of this book is treat others the way you want to be treated.
Teenage Reads
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Nothing can make a girl more excited, than the chance to go to an older boy’s prom. Shopping for the dress, preparing for the night, the night itself, and then the days follow where you remember and gossip about the prom. What part of that does not sound perfect? Nicolette Antonovich was living in a dream as the older, but the hottest guy in the school, named Rascal, ask her to attend his prom. Ecstatic she paid her best friend older brother to drive her around to find the perfect dress. Yet two ...more
Sara Shalash
Mar 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just spent the last hour or two curled up into a ball, complete with a cup of tea, totally engrossed in the life of Nicolette Antonovich. I really needed a lighthearted fun read too escape from the real world for a bit, and that's just what I got. What I loved the most was that Top Ten Uses For an Unworn Prom Dress was light and fluffy, but at the same time realistic.

Nicolette has quite a bit going on with family issues on the side, two very handsome boys fighting for her, and friendship probl
Kelsey
Mar 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress was a great read; I started it and finished it all in one day. It wasn’t just the fact that I really liked Nicolette and felt like I knew her already, I liked the unique plot and the important messages the novel was relaying. Friendship and family had big roles in Top Ten Uses and honesty did, too. I really liked Alison and Nicolette’s friendship and I’m glad everything worked out for them in the end. I could see Alison’s side as well as Nic’s so I think it ...more
Gracem
Yani
Dec 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ya fiction and romance lovers
I read this book when it first came out and it instantly became one of my favorite happy reads. I have read it so many times I already know the page numbers of a few of my favorite scenes. {48, 67, 72, 101-129 and 194} This book seriously gives me butterflies. It is the epitome of my favorite type of easy, fun, beachy read.

Let me tell you what I love about his book:

1. Nic. I love that she is young, but not too young (if you understand what I mean). She is me (or like me) when I was a teen, alwa
Micaela
This book would work best for fans of Meg Cabot and younger teens, in my opinion. It was short and sweet, and I liked it well enough.

The main character, Nic, is quite funny, but her internal logic does not always make sense, as it is contradictory at times. She has her whiny moments, moments when she thinks her dilemmas are the worst in the world when, actually, she just needs to breathe and think things through a bit. She is not too irritating overall, though.

Her best friend ss disappointingly
Emily
Mar 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, warm-fuzzies
I actually really liked Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress, so the 3 star rating is a little deeper than just a distaste for the story. The characters were pretty good, maybe some a little underdeveloped. But Jared at least was very likable to me. The constant role her unworn dress played throughout the book, as a crutch, a reminder, an escape... it was a creative element to the story and was well done.

However, the reason I gave this only 3 stars is because, and it took me a while to find a w
Spencer
2019
I did like this book, but not as much as I thought I was going to. There isn't anything really objectionable about it, but it didn't exactly catch my attention the way I thought it would.

Nicolette has a major crush on a guy from school, Rebel (yeah, I guess that what he likes to be called). Rebel asked her to his prom, but then got back with his girlfriend last minute. Even though that meant that Nicolette didn't get to go to prom, and bought a dress she was never going to use, she still
Kathy
Aug 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary-ya
So, this reminded me a lot of a Janette Rallison novel. Either because of the super long title, or because of the cute teen atmosphere Ferraro created. I really enjoyed this story and Nicolette. Nicolette is dumped before prom by the school hottie, just days before the big event. She is heartbroken and still in love…with the dress. The summary does a good job describing the overall plot of the book, so I’ll just say that Jared is a sweetie, and he and Nic have good chemistry together. I could ki ...more
Melissa Dwyer
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally rated G+ by Lori Hoag
When heartthrob, Rob, throws over Nicolette for his former girlfriend two days before the prom, she is devastated, and as a result, has a gorgeous, unused prom dress. In addition, her mom’s real estate business is a bust, and her father has remarried and has a new baby daughter. When Nic begs for money to pay their mortgage, her mother is humiliated. Into this crazy mix is best friend Allison’s brother, Jared, who is beginning to show an interest in Nic, and Rod,
Krista
Nov 10, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those that like romance novels
This book is soo good. This girl gets asked to the prom by the hottest guy in school only to be dumped two days before the prom. You would think that she would be mad at the guy but she still loves him. Suddenly she starts having these feelings towards her best friend's brother and doesn't know what to think about them. Eventually she forgets about the guy and ends up going out with her best friend's brother.
Jenn
This was a cute story and a book you can (and I did) read in one sitting.

While the back of the book makes it seem as if there were 10 things that the protagonist did to the prom dress which resolved all of her issues, the 10 uses were really just in her imagination, for the most part.

I liked the characters and felt they were pretty authentic. There were a couple scenarios that didn't ring quite true, but I'll let a lot slide for the sake of entertaining fiction.
Abi
This book was okay. The pacing was fine, but the events were a bit random in some places. I liked the evolution of Jared and Nic's relationship. I disliked Alison, and I thought Zoe was cooler. I'm glad Nic patched her relationship with her dad up. This book was pretty generic, and cliche, but it wasn't horrible. Very much a 3 star book. I wouldn't really recommend it, as it could be pretty frustrating at some points.
Steph
May 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For some odd reason, I totally loved this book. I think it was the name that attracted me to the book. Also, I was asked to someone's prom, got a dress and then I was text messaged that, "sorry, I realize I can't go now". It never bothered me, I didn't even know the guy and it was for different reasons then this book, but it was relatable.
Elizabeth
Jun 04, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
Nicolette was dumped after she bought the perfect prom dress- Can she get over the jerk who dumped her? Fast read, basically complete fluff. Maybe I am just Getting Old, but I admit to rolling my eyes a bit at the narrator. ("Couldn't I be selfish, just this once?" Just this once?!) There was a nice promo at the end for prom dress "recycling"/donation services.
Alyssa
Dec 03, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I only read this book because it was a book challenge one. Gag me with a spoon. It was boring, predictable, superficial, cliche, stupid.....the works. But I gave it two stars because it's an admirable feat for any book/author to get published. Even lame ones such as these. Though in cases like this, it's astonishing as well as admirable.
Andrea
omg! i loved this book! its about a girl who dates the most popular guy for a couple months, and then he asks her to the junior prom. she gets the amazing dress, but when the date comes along, the jerkish guy's ex shows up, therefore, he ditches her, leaving her with a wounded self esteem, and a gorgouse dress. what to do with an unworn prom dress? :)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Top Ten
  • Meet Me at Midnight
  • While You Were Flirting (Edenvale Arts Academy #3)
  • Given
  • Fake It Till You Break It
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks #3)
  • The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)
  • The Empire of Dreams (Fire and Thorns, #4)
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • Wrong Turn (RoadTripping, #2)
  • Frenemies
  • The Roommate Agreement
  • Number Neighbors
  • Swinging Strike (Cessna U Wildcats #1)
  • Troy High
  • On Deck (Cessna U Wildcats #0.5)
  • Behind the Count (Cessna U Wildcats #2)
Tina Ferraro spent a lot of her childhood people-watching and making up stories. While that didn't do much for her grades, it did ultimately prove among her better life mistakes. She sold her first short story in her early 20's, launching her publishing career in the adult and young adult romance markets.

Over the years she has acquired one husband, several kids and several cats, and recently, the