Start by marking “The Reliance (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Reliance (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #2)

The Reliance (Legacy of the King's Pirates #2)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  829 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
Captain Edmund Merrick, convinced his pregnant wife, Charlisse, is dead, sails away to drown his sorrows. Having turned his back on God, Edmund reverts to a life of villainy and joins forces with the demented French pirate Collier. When Edmund's mind clears from its rum-induced haze, will he be able to pull himself up from the depths to which he has sunk?

Believing herself
Published January 1st 2007 by Barbour Books (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Reliance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reliance

Katie W
Sep 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Reliance fast-forwards three years after The Redemption finishes (this is book 2 in the series). It starts out with a bang that leads to a chain of events that I never expected to happen. The "old" characters were still great and the new ones were as well--villainous pirates, ladies in distress, etc.

I didn't enjoy this storyline as much as book 1, but it was still fun and entertaining. I didn't like to see how quickly Merrick threw everything away or how fast Charlisse jumped to conclusions
Anne
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok too much repetitive actions. I won't be getting anymore from this series
Frank
Sep 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone!
Ruth
Feb 02, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Reliance picks up three years after the end of events in The Redemption -- Lady Charlisse is married to her honorable pirate captain, Edmund Merrick, but they have spent precious little of their three years of marriage together. Merrick's drive to rid the Caribbean of vicious pirates has kept them separated. Just when the hope of establishing a family and some stability begins to take root in Charlisse's heart, she and Merrick find themselves caught in the midst of a pirate attack led by Hen ...more
Michelle Griep
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Avast, me mateys! What a wild ride this one be! Slap on an eye patch, grab a parrot, and set sail for a grand adventure with Captain Merrick and Charlisse. Book 2 is every bit as enjoyable as book 1.

What attracts me the most to this series? Besides the hunka-hunka Captain Merrick, I suspect it's the theme of honor and integrity carried out by characters that are realistically flawed. Doubt wars with faith, strength with weakness, in both Merrick and Charlisse...and even in the dastardly villain.
Sheri Salatin
Aug 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I just reread this book again for about the 5th time! Marylu's pirate books about adventure on the high seas really are the best!!
Jerry
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An exciting seafaring adventure!
Teresa Mathews
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Swashbuckling Romance at it's finest!

The story of Captain Edmond Merrick and his beautiful wife, Charlisse continues in this second book in the Legacy of the King’s Pirates. They have had their share of problems and separations but as the story opens they are enjoying some beautiful and peaceful time together and are looking forward to the birth of their first child. They are visiting friends in the Caribbean, when the town is attacked by a band of pirates being led by an evil monster from their
Peggy Purser Freeman
Reliance on a Great Faith-filled Read

MaryLu Tyndall's iconic pirate turned hero by God's amazing grace rocks with romance, danger, humor and faith. Best of all her excellent gift with words reminders the reader that God loves each of us and yearns to be our dearest friend throughout life's adventures.
Carolyn Tye
This book was not an easy read. I cringed to see how a Merrick changed. I would have liked to have seen mention of he and Charlisse honestly discussing what happened while he thought her dead.
  • Surrender the Dawn (Surrender to Destiny, #3)
  • Heart's Safe Passage (The Midwives, #2)
  • Ransome's Crossing (The Ransome Trilogy, #2)
  • As High as the Heavens
  • Pirate of My Heart
  • The House in Grosvenor Square
  • Grave Consequences (Grand Tour, #2)
  • Guardian of the Flame (Seven Wonders, #4)
  • Daughter of Silk (The Silk House, #1)
  • A Passion Denied (Daughters of Boston, #3)
  • Circle of Honor (Scottish Crown Series, #1)
  • Castles: Kingdom Divided / Alas My Love / If Only / Five Geese Flying
Best-selling author, MaryLu Tyndall dreamt of pirates and sea-faring adventures during her childhood days on Florida's Coast. With more than fourteen books published, she makes no excuses for the deep spiritual themes embedded within her romantic adventures. Her hope is that readers will not only be entertained but will be brought closer to the Creator who loves them beyond measure. In a culture t ...more
More about M.L. Tyndall...

Legacy of the King's Pirates (5 books)
  • The Redemption (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #1)
  • The Restitution (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #3)
  • The Ransom (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #4)
  • The Reckoning (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #5)