Start by marking “Sacred Sex Sacred Sex” as Want to Read:
Sacred Sex Sacred Sex

Tim Alan Gardner

Sacred Sex Sacred Sex

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
For years, Christians have been told that sex is God's creation, designed by him as a gift to husbands and wives. Yet few couples actually experience sex as a spiritual, God-ordained experience. Rather than admittheir lack of fulfillment, many couples hide their disappointment and confusion, while others attempt to solve the problem through better sexual technique.
Unfortu
Published January 14th 2009 by Waterbrook Press (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Sacred Sex Sacred Sex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacred Sex Sacred Sex

Skylar Burris
This was a bit disappointing. It's nice to have a Christian book discussing the spiritual value of sex, which is too often viewed from the negative than the positive aspects in Christian discourse, but the book was too vague and offered no real practical suggestions or exercises for enhancing the spiritual/sexual connection with one's spouse. (I am not speaking of sexual technique, which the author makes the point is not the key to good sex, but of spiritual exercises for connecting.) The study/ ...more
Aaron
Jul 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Um... This still sounds weird, after reading this book, but sex can be a holy event. If a christian's whole life can be lived for God, and I think it can (meaning it's possible, not that it often happens), then every activity proper for the should be able to be somehow done in a way that honors God. That idea, specifically applied to sex, is what this book is about.

Very interesting, and challenging.
Fernando J.
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Great book for married couples who want to build a solid foundation of God's purpose for the sexual relationship between a husband and his wife that is based on God's Truth, rather than the hollow and deceptive philosophies of the world. A must-read for any husband who has struggled with sexual immoralities of any kind in the past.
Dana
Jun 15, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marriage
I never thought I would say the word "sex" this often...

My husband and I read this book together, and it has totally changed the way to view sex in light of God's design for oneness and holiness. If you want to have some great "holy sex", I would highly recommend this book to every Christian couple!!!
Jennifer Wilson
Feb 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I'm not married, I found this book very interesting and informing. For so many years I've heard in church "Sex is bad. Don't do it". But sex is good and designed by God for us to enjoy. It was so nice to read a different view of sex by someone who is a Christian.
Luann Habecker
a serious must read!
Jess Martin
May 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Demystifies our sexuality and re-envisions it with the backdrop of God's holiness. Essential reading for marriage.
Keith Feisel
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Besides a book on the ins and outs of sexual intimacy like Ed Wheat's "Intended for Pleasure," this book has been the most helpful for me as it relates to the spiritual aspects of sex.
Donna Hunt
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a wonderful book for all married couples, and those who want to get married. Find out what God intended sex to be, and have a truly fulfilled God honoring marriage.
Eric Lowdersomething
Apr 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: jlowdermilk@rtmc.net
A must read for Husbands!!
Matthew Curcio