Start by marking “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)” as Want to Read:
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)

Celebrate Christmas with everyone’s favorite red-nosed reindeer!

A terrible blizzard is coming! Who will lead Santa’s sleigh through the storm and save Christmas?

This Step 2 Step into Reading retells the story of the most famous reindeer of all—Rudolph!
Published September 8th 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published August 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Start your review of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)
Marilyn
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's good. I read it to him before bed.
Verona
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I spent a happy half hour or more reading this book aloud to two of my grandchildren, Statton, 5, and Jocelyn, 3. We all enjoyed the familiar story and the colorful illustrations. We had just been singing the Rudolph song as they took their baths, so we were in the Rudolph spirit already. This version of Rudolph gave a lot of details about Rudolph and how he felt not being included by the other reindeer as well as Santa's praise of his success in helping him deliver the toys. It was a fun read! ...more
Angie
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Review: As Munchkin has moved beyond the picture books and board books, I thought this would be a great way to still read holiday books. This was a great adaptation of the movie, featuring the main points of the movie with matching illustrations. Munchkin enjoyed that he could read this one on his own, though he did miss seeing more of the Bumble (his favorite character). This level 2 book features longer sentences and more text and more new words for young readers.
Jessica
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I go this book with the intent of having the twins to read to me. Success. Each has read aloud and enjoyed the book. They love Rudolph in general, so finding a book to help encourage reading was a win.
Jeani
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Leaves out parts of the story, but overall is okay for beginning readers.
Lorie
Dec 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This adapted easy reader is based upon the classic children’s animated television show Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
Children may already be familiar with the story, so they will be excited that they can read this version.

The text level indicates that this book would be appropriate for children who are newly independent readers as they will be able to sight read most of the words and use the context of the illustrations and what they already know about the story to decode the rest. The
Meredith
This picture book is a beginning reader adaptation of the 1964 Rankin/Bass Christmas stop motion animated television special "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

This is a Level 2 beginning reader, which is geared towards "the newly independent reader." It presents a simplified and abridged version of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." My only complaints are that Sam the Snowman (aka Burl Ives) who narrates the film was omitted and that the fact Rudolph's father is Donner who is one of Santa's
Jamal Scott
Dec 02, 2014 rated it liked it
The overall color of the book is blue.The title is on the right and it's in red. Santa and the reindeer are on front. To the bottom right of the page the abominable snowman is by a christmas tree. It is also snowing lightly.

This is the classic story of Rudolph. He has a red nose that glows. However, all the reindeer laugh at him for it. He runs away because of this but Santa and the reindeer need him for the foggy Christmas night.
Caryn Caldwell
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: early-readers
This book retells the claymation version of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with a simplified text adapted for newer readers -- and, thank goodness, without the outdated sexist lines from the movie. The familiar story line, expressive illustrations, short sentences, and large font size will work well for children who are new to reading. Even nostalgic adults may enjoy flipping through the pages of this one.
Rathen
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thought this was a fun read especially around this time of year, the christmas season. Easy enough for most if not all age groups to pick it up and read for themselves. Really enjoyed the illustrations and how well they compliment the story being told. give it a read.
Kim
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mini-me
I just realized how long it's been since I've seen the show. Will have to make a point of watching this year.
Erfa Tahir
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of my favourite childhood books!!! I love it so much.
Angie
Dec 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Grocery store line , so I figured why not !
Teri
Jan 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Fun Christmas classic my girls love to read to me.
Tia Ellison
Jan 01, 2018
Eileen
Dec 06, 2017
Natalie
rated it did not like it
Jun 28, 2017

• A Pirate's Night Before Christmas
  • Frosty the Snowman
  • When Migo Met Smallfoot
  • The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs
  • A Cars Christmas (Disney/Pixar Cars)
  • Lunch
  • Fancy Nancy: Apples Galore!
  • Fancy Nancy: Earth Day Rules