Jump to ratings and reviews

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Celebrate Christmas with everyone’s favorite red-nosed reindeer!

A terrible blizzard is coming! Who will lead Santa’s sleigh through the storm and save Christmas?

This Step 2 Step into Reading retells the story of the most famous reindeer of all—Rudolph!

32 pages, Paperback

117 books11 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
9 (5%)
1 star
4 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 19 of 19 reviews
Profile Image for Verona.
544 reviews56 followers
December 13, 2016
I spent a happy half hour or more reading this book aloud to two of my grandchildren, Statton, 5, and Jocelyn, 3. We all enjoyed the familiar story and the colorful illustrations. We had just been singing the Rudolph song as they took their baths, so we were in the Rudolph spirit already. This version of Rudolph gave a lot of details about Rudolph and how he felt not being included by the other reindeer as well as Santa's praise of his success in helping him deliver the toys. It was a fun read! I especially loved the hugs and snuggles along the way!
Profile Image for Angie.
2,849 reviews12 followers
November 20, 2018
My Review: As Munchkin has moved beyond the picture books and board books, I thought this would be a great way to still read holiday books. This was a great adaptation of the movie, featuring the main points of the movie with matching illustrations. Munchkin enjoyed that he could read this one on his own, though he did miss seeing more of the Bumble (his favorite character). This level 2 book features longer sentences and more text and more new words for young readers.
February 24, 2022
This book talks about the good tale of Rudolph the Reindeer. It goes into detail about Santa getting his help to make Christmas happen. This is great because it is a heart felt soft book which is easy for younger kids to read. It makes Christmas seems more magical. And with the pictures and text it helps children see a meaning behind Christmas tales.
Profile Image for Jessica.
214 reviews8 followers
December 2, 2019
I go this book with the intent of having the twins to read to me. Success. Each has read aloud and enjoyed the book. They love Rudolph in general, so finding a book to help encourage reading was a win.
Profile Image for Laurie.
901 reviews
December 11, 2020
Not a very good editing job to make it easy to read, but Peter likes it. Good for two year olds.
728 reviews
May 17, 2021
Easy to read preschool version of Rudolph. Nice Christmas season read for preschoolers.
Profile Image for Jeani.
677 reviews
December 31, 2016
Leaves out parts of the story, but overall is okay for beginning readers.
Profile Image for Lorie.
608 reviews9 followers
December 19, 2014
This adapted easy reader is based upon the classic children’s animated television show Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
Children may already be familiar with the story, so they will be excited that they can read this version.

The text level indicates that this book would be appropriate for children who are newly independent readers as they will be able to sight read most of the words and use the context of the illustrations and what they already know about the story to decode the rest. The illustrations appear to be digitally created to look like modern versions of the clay animation in the television program.

I would recommend this book for purchase for most public libraries. School libraries may want to consider the book based upon their school’s policy on holiday materials.

This book was provided by the publisher for professional review for SWON Libraries.

Profile Image for Meredith.
3,259 reviews59 followers
January 9, 2020
This picture book is a beginning reader adaptation of the 1964 Rankin/Bass Christmas stop motion animated television special "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

This is a Level 2 beginning reader, which is geared towards "the newly independent reader." It presents a simplified and abridged version of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." My only complaints are that Sam the Snowman (aka Burl Ives) who narrates the film was omitted and that the fact Rudolph's father is Donner who is one of Santa's original eight reindeer is never mentioned.

The illustrations are derived from movie stills, and they are almost an exact match stylistically.
30 reviews
December 3, 2014
The overall color of the book is blue.The title is on the right and it's in red. Santa and the reindeer are on front. To the bottom right of the page the abominable snowman is by a christmas tree. It is also snowing lightly.

This is the classic story of Rudolph. He has a red nose that glows. However, all the reindeer laugh at him for it. He runs away because of this but Santa and the reindeer need him for the foggy Christmas night.
Profile Image for Caryn Caldwell.
434 reviews250 followers
December 17, 2014
This book retells the claymation version of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with a simplified text adapted for newer readers -- and, thank goodness, without the outdated sexist lines from the movie. The familiar story line, expressive illustrations, short sentences, and large font size will work well for children who are new to reading. Even nostalgic adults may enjoy flipping through the pages of this one.
23 reviews
December 5, 2014
Thought this was a fun read especially around this time of year, the christmas season. Easy enough for most if not all age groups to pick it up and read for themselves. Really enjoyed the illustrations and how well they compliment the story being told. give it a read.
Profile Image for Kim.
709 reviews8 followers
July 7, 2016
I just realized how long it's been since I've seen the show. Will have to make a point of watching this year.
Displaying 1 - 19 of 19 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.