Start by marking “Twilight (StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Twilight (StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #3)

Twilight (The Dark Templar Saga #3)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  631 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
As the release nears for Blizzard Entertainment's long-anticipated "StarCraft II "computer game, the epic "Dark Templar "trilogy reaches an explosive climax.

After the seeming defeat of the dark archon Ulrezaj on the protoss homeworld of Aiur, Jake and Rosemary become separated as they flee through the newly repaired warp gate. Rosemary finds herself with the other refugee
Published June 30th 2009 by Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Twilight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twilight

Șerban Mazilu
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It fit. I know it's too little to say, but it did. It was as fast, alert, exciting and touching as the other two books. The only thing that disappointed me somewhat was the way-too-peaceful ending. I was half-expecting Raynor showing up to save the day, but that was just me being a Raynor-groupie. In truth, Christie did drop his name more than often throughout the series, and that made me build up hope. Still, the writing is truly excellent and my quasi-disappointment came from a subjective desi ...more
Dino
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, i'd question my objectivity on any book that's related to StarCraft, simply because i consider myself to be a HUGE fan of the series and the story. Bearing that in mind, this is my opinion on the book.

Now, despite it being written in 3 separate books, it's basically 1 story, and as such i will be giving my experience and impression of it as a whole, not book by book, simply because it'll make a lot more sense this way.

The story takes place in the year 2503, after Brood Wars (2500)
Magyarvandor
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At last, a bright scintilla in the ocean of fantasy/sci-fi crap. This is a book of high QUALITY
in its genre. I think the author provides the reader with everything what can be produced
from a computer-game world.
The story –which was warming up a bit slowly in the first book, then taking some momentum in the second one- reaches its peak. The main antagonists are already known, in this book the author sheds some light on their background, motives and their relationship with the other characters.
Ellen
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good conclusion to the series. This book included more characters from the game, like Zeratul, which was nice to see (though he's just as dark and broody here as he was in the game, if not moreso ... I miss Tassadar).

While Jake always felt a bit flat as a character to me--just along for the ride as it were--I really enjoyed seeing Rosemary's character development. She grew quite a bit since the first book, but she never felt like she became a different person. Also, even though it was obvious
Andries van Wyk
After an exciting first installment in the trilogy, a disappointing second book, the third was a bit of both - the first two thirds of the book carried on in the same trend as book two, but then after page 200, it got exciting again.
All in all, it is a good series, but like many other trilogies, this should have been one book. Christie Golden has written phenomenal books in the WarCraft universe, and it seems her single novels are really good. It would seem that many authors feel that every stor
Filip
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf, 4-stars
As with the previous part - I'm almost surprised that I've enjoyed it so much. As a small complaint - the protoss are strangely described in this trilogy: either as perfect or as too-human, but still the description of their society we get was my favourite part of the book.

Zamara was great as always, so was Selendis and Valerian. Zeratul disappointed a little but it was good to see what finally brought him to act. The energy beings were a bit strange, but we'll see if this issue is further pres
Sieg
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a nice conclusion to the trilogy connecting Brood War and The Wings of Liberty. It is full of fan-service, which is awesome, because the reader can meet characters like Zeratul and Rashzagal, Valerian and others. Just like other 2 books, it is not, of course, an example of complicated sci-fi book, still, it is interesting to read, easy to read and make a really good use of the lore of Starcraft, which is just what i wanted from it.
Chad
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, not as good as the first two in my opinion. At least, I found it harder to get through this one. The first two I breezed through in a day, this one took a couple of days largely because I was losing interest.
Alfonso Castillo
Un libro con una redacción envolvente y fácil de leer.
Realmente es muy interesante para los fanáticos de StarCraft sin embargo pienso que es una obra digna para cualquier amante de la ciencia ficción. De los tres libros del Dark Templar Saga, es el que más me mantuvo guindado.
Timothy
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The conclusion of the Dark Templar Saga. We see some major characters appear in this volume. As well as story elements that have since been accepted as being canonical. It served as an introduction to the Starcraft II universe, thus still leaving room for later storylines featuring Ulrezaj.
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • Queen of Blades (Starcraft)
  • Liberty's Crusade (StarCraft, #1)
  • Nova (StarCraft: Ghost, #1)
  • Spectres (Starcraft: Ghost, #2)
  • Speed of Darkness (StarCraft, #3)
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • Uprising (Starcraft, #0.5)
  • Shadow of the Xel'Naga (Starcraft, #2)
  • The Veiled Prophet (Diablo: The Sin War, #3)
  • StarCraft: Frontline, Volume 1 (Starcaft)
  • The Expanse (Star Trek: Enterprise #6)
  • A Choice of Futures (Star Trek: Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #1)
  • The Slab (Gears of War, #5)
  • Borderlands: Unconquered
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
Award-winning author Christie Golden has written over thirty novels and several short stories in the fields of science fiction, fantasy and horror. She has over a million books in print.

2009 will see no fewer than three novels published. First out in late April will be a World of Warcraft novel, Athas: Rise of the Lich King. This is the first Warcraft novel to appear in hardcover. Fans of the youn
More about Christie Golden...

The Dark Templar Saga (3 books)
  • Firstborn (Starcraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #1)
  • Shadow Hunters (StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #2)