Start by marking “So Over My Head (The Charmed Life, #3)” as Want to Read:
So Over My Head (The Charmed Life, #3)

So Over My Head (The Charmed Life #3)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  1,966 Ratings  ·  144 Reviews
Newly single, stalked by a killer, and in desperate need of some chic clown shoes--Bella is one skinny mocha frapp away from total meltdown. When the Fritz Family Carnival makes its annual appearance in Truman, Bella's keen reporter instincts tell her the bright lights hide more than they reveal. Her suspicions are confirmed when one of the stars is murdered. Though the po ...more
Published May 3rd 2010 by Thomas Nelson (first published April 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about So Over My Head, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about So Over My Head

Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I can not tell you how ardently I admire and love this trilogy!

Eep the hilarity, romance, mystery, humor, family drama and everything else bursts to a close with a bang I will NOT forget! :D

I was so glad that Bella worked out her kinks and got over her trust issues. I admit it made a really great character flaw. :D

LUKE! I ADORE YOU!!! AAAGH. Bella is SO lucky. AND HE WRITES! Like me!

Okay seriously, RUTHIE is like THE BEST SIDEKICK EVER. She's probably like my FAV character. A bok in her POV
Hannah Rodes
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I looked back and realized that six months ago, I said "Review coming soon"....Sorry, about that. *sheepishly hides in corner* Well, anyho, this is going to be short.

This was such an awesome read. I am so glad I picked it up. The characters I loved in this one, and the plot was cool. The setting....Well, I'm not a big fan of circus' or clowns so...We'll leave it at that. Clowns are SO creepy. The one thing I did not like is the love triangle. Bluh, love triangles are the worst.
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OH MY WORD....SO GOOD! This book guys, THIS BOOK! AKLShgfjg;hfagjdgkjhklahsjh! Review to come later....
Jade West
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*
*Some spoilers*
THIS BOOK DROVE ME INSANE!!!! I alternated between wanting to cuddle Bella close and shove her off a cliff. I know that Luke wouldn't be one to cheat, all Bella saw was Ashely kiss Luke and then she pounced ASPA, if she waited Luke would have pushed her off in a millisecond. (Jaya if you happen to read this, might want to stop now. and BTW I still claim Luke XD) Don't even get me started on her dad, too late, I started. He. Would. Not. Do. One. Thing. His Daughter was t
Jessica Fether
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
These books were, overall, a bit cheesy and outlandish at times but they were also so thoroughly entertaining that I couldn't help but love them.
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: laugh-out-loud
This book was SO good! It was full of amazing characters, laugh-out-loud moments, a good Christian theme, and to top it off, crazy adventures involving solving a murder mystery (all while staying appropriate)! I’d highly, highly recommend it; one of the best books I’ve read this year and another great gem from Jenny B. Jones! *SPOILERS***

I didn’t notice it when I first started A Charmed Life, but now, finishing the 3rd, I can definitely say that there are many obvious similarities between the ch
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I take Bella's side on the fight between Luke vs. Bella. Honestly, I don't blame her and Luke could be a bit more understanding. Then again, there is a reason why no character is made just to perfect to the heroine. 1) Because it is boring, 2) boring makes lack of sales, 3) too much Edward Cullen-ish, and 4) Cullen isn't perfect.

Anyway, So Over My Head finally has a murder case. Nancy Drew (Bella Kirkwood) is finally in play once again. After two books, there is finally a murder case. And Bella
Princess Bookie
Nov 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read2010
My Thoughts: We are back to join Bella and the gang for another adventure. We are reunited with Bella's family and her friends. And of course Luke. Dreamy sexy nerdy Luke. There is a carnival in town and of course a murder just has to happen. And Bella is right there investigating to find out what happen and who ended up doing the murdering. Theres also another storyline going on at the same time, a few actually. One, Bella thinks that her fathers soon to be wife is up to something, and not some ...more
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Girls who like mysterys and sometimes a very close to murder!
I thrilling ending to the charmed life series! Not only is Bella wraped up in one mystery in Truman, she has snuck her way into one in New York! The circus has come to Truman and Bella is writing an article for the school newspaper again, along with Luke, now her boyfriend, and another girl their age moved back to town, Lukes ex-girlfriend. the worst part for Bella is she finds Ashely and Luke kissing in the parking lot after she interviewed the Bearded Lady of the show. After they watch the sec ...more
Lydia Howe
This isn't my favorite book from this author, too many annoyances for that. Although, maybe reading it while I was sick had something to do with that conclusion?

The book was witty and amusing which is why I choose to read it. The main character was downright annoying most of the time, though, and I found it hard to root for her. She wasn't kind, she wasn't extremely likable, and she had huge issues and used people. She did have her good traits too, but not enough to compensate.

There were three
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I giggled my way thru this. Spunky and light hearted, the writing is witty and refreshing. The only thing I would say about it, is some of the high school stuff isn't as believable. Especially, the amount of time each teen character spends digging around crime scenes. But its all part of how the story is suppose to go. Its written really well, has believable characters. The feelings seem real and so does the family aspect. The only thing that was a bit of cheese, was the wedding with Bella's dad ...more
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Where can I start? Haha I thought this book would be girly and stupid based on the cover, but you know what they say: don't judge a book on it's cover. It was so witty and funny and suspenseful! Who would've thought that there would be a kidnapping scene in this book? Bella, the main character is facing all types of problems. 1. She had just finished interviewing the bearded lady, Betty, at the local circus and came back to find a sword stuck in her back. While the police immediately make an arr ...more
Ashley Yuan
Seriously this series deserves waaaaay more popularity because not joking it's amazing!!!
I didn't manage to get the second book but don't worry I'll be reading that soon!
Where should I start: it's funny, witty, sensible themes, cute, romantic, chock full of mystery seriously I want a t shirt right now that says "I love the charmed life series"
Unlike most YA books that usually always weave in sex and drugs etc this series keeps it all innocent and still entertains!
The romance between Bella and L
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Are you kidding me?! I left the second book excited for Luke and Bella's new relationship, but do we get to see them be cute together? NO! They break up in the first part of the book. Awe man! But we still get some great scenes with them together and yay! kisses!
But anyways I enjoyed the book. I laughed, I cried, it moved me. It is a great book with mostly believable characters. Yeah, Ruthie while she is a really great character, she's kind of hard to believe. I wish we could have got more Matt
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bella Kirkwood was living the life with her boyfriend Luke and her mom and stepdad's family. When the Fritz Family Carnival comes to town and the star of the show gets murdered. Bella knows somethings not right. She sets out to find out who the killer was but with her boyfriend's x's back in town. She's on a verge of a total meltdown.
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I would give this a 4.5. I thought the writing was really funny and the author totally writes what everyone is really thinking. Worth the read and would highly recommend it. The tension between the 2 main characters is very good. Don't be swayed away from reading based on the fact that it is young adult.
Nora St Laurent
Nov 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t wait for this review copy to arrive at my front door so I could read about Bella Kirkwood and her adventures in Oklahoma. So Over My Head starts two weeks after the Prom ended in the last book. Bella prides herself as being a Nancy Drew kind of gal. Fellow students seek her talents when they have a mystery to solve.

I couldn’t help but get the feeling I was watching a Scooby-doo episode as I read about Bella Kirkwood and Luke chase down possible suspects in a murder mystery at the circ
May 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Bella Kirkwood, the Nancy Drew of Truman, Oklahoma, is back for another adventure. After all, Bella does have a way of sniffing out trouble—and finding herself in the middle of it. It starts off as a simple assignment of covering the Fritz Family Carnival for the newspaper, but when she finds Betty the Bearded Lady murdered in her trailer, things become a whole lot more interesting. Bella’s convinced that there’s some funny business going on with the Fritz Family Carnival, so she takes a job as ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Apr 09, 2010 marked it as to-read-i-own-it
Shelves: series-bk-3
Reviewed by Jaglvr for

SO OVER MY HEAD...that's exactly where Bella Kirkwood finds herself in the third CHARMED LIFE novel.

Before the story even gets going, Bella stumbles across a dead body. For those who have read either of the previous two books in the series, you will know that bad luck has a way of finding Bella. And Bella is the kind of girl who refuses to let that bad luck get the best of her.

But not only is there a dead body in her way, now there's a conniving ex-girlfrie
Jan 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Read the full review at iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books.

Holy poop. Wooooooowwwwwwie. This book was amazing. This entire series was awesome, fantastic, remarkable, outstanding, marvelous, superb, and every other good thing you can say about something. Jenny B. Jones is definitely the latest of my favorite authors. She is one to look out for, guys.

Now that I've used all those adjectives, I'm not really sure how to go on. "Her writing was fantastic... wait I already used that word. Dang it." Well, I lov
May 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Jenny B. Jones ends The Charmed Life trilogy with another book that is IMPOSSIBLE to put down. Out of necessity (well, and a huge love of good fiction) I read dozens of books to present to fellow educators during summer in-service trainings. I also chat them to students during the school year. After introducing any Jone's book, it flies off the shelf - and stays off the shelf. I've learned to buy multiple copies because teens get a littllllle cross when they have to wait on a hot title.

So Over M
May 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Author: Jenny B. Jones
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
May 2010
ISBN: 978-1-59554-543-5
Genre: Inspirational/young adult

Everyone in Truman, Oklahoma is excited when the Fritz Family Carnival makes its annual appearance. Bella is assigned to write feature articles on some of the workers and her first interviewee is the ‘bearded lady”. But Bella barely gets in a cursory interview and a promise for more after the show. When she goes back later, the “Bearded lady” is dead, stabbed to deat
Becka Grieco
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hands down, the funniest trilogy I have ever read! I swear, I lost weight reading theses books from all the laughing I did. There is not one thing I didn't like about the series; I love it so much!
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the A Charmed Life series. It is a Christian Fiction mystyery book about a girl named Bella Kirkword. She is just getting settled into her new life in Truman, Okalahoma, when the Truman Family ircus comes to town. At first it is the same as every other year there. But then they find a dead circus lady. Bella starts to try to investigate and find out who killed her. But Bella is getting into dangr there and someone is out to kill someone else. In the meantime, there is d ...more
Sam Canto
Oh man I really really didn't want this trilogy to end!

I cannot even begin to explain how much I've enjoyed the story of Bella Kirkwood, when I started I truly didn't expect to get so hooked on but the story is just a gem and I ended up adoring it completely.

This novels have it all; they're filled with mystery and amusing moments, there's family and God and boys and friends and every little thing that makes life a wild journey.

Every single character in this novel is amazing and worth reading;
Oct 05, 2015 rated it liked it
I have read all three books in this series and really liked them. I do have to say that there were terrible typos in the Kindle versions of all three books. I also have to admit that the setting of the carnival pushed the farce a little far for me and consequently my rating went down one star but there was still the zany cast of characters I really like.
Nov 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a tween book written for tweens (like, duh!) about a tween. And it kind of reads like a Disney Channel tween romantic comedy. It is kind of silly, outragous and everything works out a little too perfectly.
That being said, it was an easy read that made me laugh out loud. A lot. And that is why it gets four stars from me.
50 page quit.

This is not a bad book but it's not one for me. Hand this to fans of the Gallagher Girls -- it's totally clean, with a lot of humor, with mystery. There is a Christian bent, too, which will appeal to many. This is book 3 in the series but I don't think it's necessary to read all of them in order; it's probably ideal, but I made it 50 pages with no back story just fine.
Leigh Ann
Jan 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love The Charmed Life series and I was so excited when I found out that there would be a third one I had to go out and get. So Over My Head did not disappoint me at all. I loved Bella and Luke's relationship even though Bella had trouble admitting her feelings for him. But in the end it all worked out and it was such a good book!
Nov 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
Great book. Good finish to this hilarious series. This book wasn't the funniest of the three but it was still very good. In this one we finnaly see what Luke and Bella are like together.(I'mCompletely in love with him)it was a great book well written read it in 4 days.
Luke 1 1 Sep 03, 2017 10:20PM
  • Latte Daze (Maya Davis, #2)
  • Mexico (Notes from a Spinning Planet, #3)
  • The Fall of Candy Corn (Sweet Seasons, #2)
  • A Healing Heart (Riverview Series #1)
  • At Face Value
  • Bourne (River of Time, #3.1)
  • Out with the In Crowd (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #2)
  • Sierra Jensen Collection, Vol. 1 (Sierra Jensen, #1-3)
  • Raider's Promise (Viking Quest, #5)
  • North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus
Four-time Carol Award winner Jenny B. Jones writes contemporary romance with wit, sass, and Southern charm. Since writing for both women and teens leaves her with very little free time, she believes in spending her spare hours in meaningful, intellectual pursuits, such as watching E!, going to the movies and inhaling large buckets of popcorn, and writing her name in the dust on her furniture. www. ...more
More about Jenny B. Jones...

The Charmed Life (4 books)
  • So Not Happening (The Charmed Life, #1)
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • A Charmed Life (The Charmed Life, #1-3)

Young Adult Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
  • Orphan Train Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Alone
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
  • Period 8
    $6.74 $0.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • How Dare the Sun Rise: Memoirs of a War Child
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Fear the Drowning Deep
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Winter Prince (The Lion Hunters Novels)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • When You Reach Me
    $7.99 $1.99
  • If I Was Your Girl
    $9.99 $2.99
“So you like it here in Truman?” I pull my eyes from the road and face my stepbrother. “I’m about to weird you out, so brace yourself.” “Nuh-uh. Don’t do it. Do notsay—” “I love you.” “Oh, man! Dude.” I start to giggle.” 5 likes
“Luke pulls me to him and crushes his mouth to mine.

“I said I wasn’t going to do this,” he whispers on a kiss.

“’S’okay.” I pull him closer, my hands snaking up his back. “Don’t mind.”

His hands move up to cup my face, to tilt my head, to move his lips over mine again. “Bella?”

I stifle a groan as Luke pulls away.

Still holding my face in one hand, he runs his finger down my nose. Over my cheek. I lean into his palm and just try to breathe. “What?”

“Do you know what this was?” he asks, his mouth near my ear.

“The warm-up?”

“A test.”

My cozy smile drops. I step away.

“You’re lying to yourself if you think you don’t want to be with me.”

“I—I”—am so mad—“it was the moonlight. It was the popcorn at nine o’clock.”

Luke reaches out and brushes a piece of hair behind my ear. “Face it—you’re totally into your editor.” He sighs dramatically. “I hope whatever is keeping us apart is worth it.”

I stand there motionless, my tongue glued to the roof of my mouth as Luke climbs into his 4Runner. I should say something. I should yell—or maybe throw a shoe? What would Ruthie do? No. I can’t moon him.”