Start by marking “Radical Forgiveness: A Revolutionary Five-Stage Process to Heal Relationships, Let Go of Anger and Blame, Find Peace in Any Situation” as Want to Read:

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  703 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
Could there be a divine purpose behind everything that happens? If you're willing to embrace this possibility, every aspect of your life can change. This is the theory behind Radical Forgiveness, Colin Tipping's revolutionary method for liberating your energy for the soul's highest expression.

In Radical Forgiveness, readers join Colin for step-by-step instruction in what
Published December 1st 2009 by Sounds True (first published June 1997)

Marv
Aug 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Trainwecks.
Recommended to Marv by: A Trainwreck.
Some acts are inexcusable. All are forgivable. Forgiveness is for your benefit, not the perpetrators.
Susana
Jul 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Susana by: I can't remember how I found this book...
This is one of those book I always have a copy of. I listed it as read in 2008, but really I read it back in 2003. Howeve, I like to think its current because I mention it or refer it to people constantly. I can't tell you how many times I have given this book as a gift to people!!! Probably just as many times as I have run into strangers who suddenly spilled their lives to me out of nowhere at the airport, grocery store, post office, etc. and have consequently told them to buy it. At the root o ...more
Ahmad Abugosh
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Radical Forgiveness was recommended to me by a friend of mine. The basic premise behind the book is to look beyond the victim mentality in your life. To radically forgive someone is to no longer blame them for any wrong doing and to take responsibility for your own life and how you feel about externalizations governing your circumstances.

Some people may have a hard time believing parts of the book, as it gets into the spiritual metaphysical nature of the world and presumes you have a belief in
stormhawk
Feb 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
Self-Help in New Age clothing. Some interesting core concepts dressed up in hippie dippie tie-dye with a dash of pseudoscience. Always be suspicious of patent medicines and authors of mystical improvement books that warn you that you don't have to believe in the process for it to work.
Maria (Ri)
May 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: spiritual seekers, those not afraid to jump out of the box
If this is where you are in your spiritual journey, it can be quite transformational. If not, then just let it go. Certainly not the book or concept for everyone, but for some, this book can be the beginning of an opened life.
Leanne Holitza
Feb 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book made me say "really., I asked for this..." I got my answer and loved th eperspective after I digested it. This book changed my life!
Lisa
Oct 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A significant part of the idea in this book is hard for me to swallow, to the point of ridiculous in my opinion. That said, a significant part of this book is also quite insightful, and useful. I didn't find this information new, but the actual steps and the "fake it until you make it" suggestion was quite useful to me. This balances out to a rating of 3, possibly 2... Except I did gain some benefit from the book.
Vanessa Ryan
Dec 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is about a way of thinking and a lot more than forgiveness, v thought provoking - 5 stars!
Alana Cash
Dec 05, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I believe that forgiveness is really important. Understanding what forgiveness is -- it is not making excuses - and how to forgive are quests for many people. However, the way that this book approaches the nature of forgiveness does not seem effective. The book states that we made agreements before we were born to have certain things happen to us (abused children asked for it) - but we forgot the agreements. Okay, so how would the author remember anything about this and be able to write about it ...more
Alissa
Jul 20, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was terrible! I want my money back from Amazon. It's the worst book I've ever picked up! It basically postulates that there isn't a right or wrong, therefore if someone apologizes you just say "You did nothing wrong." It's a bunch of new age bullshit. It's not really about "forgiveness" at all. I'm not sure what the book is about, it was just a bunch of words on pages. Unfortunately, the author didn't say anything that made sense. At one point in the book, he goes onto talking about ho ...more
Marina
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an interesting little book...I keep saying to myself, "THAT'S what I've been saying for decades!!"

This book was recommended to me when I complained bitterly about having people tell me that I was doomed to repeat certain scenarios until I'd gleaned whatever truths I was supposed to learn from them. I might have also said, "I've had enough of this crap!! Just tell me what the heck all this is supposed to mean?? I haven't figured it out yet, and I'm tired of doing it!!"

Well, I still haven
Christine
Mar 16, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirit
This book suggests looking at every experience as your perfect learning opportunity. Then, rather than be offended, upset, or hold a grudge, you can give thanks for what you learned. Like _The Four Agreements_ this also forces you to recognize your responsibility in any situation, from creating to reacting...Like _A Course in Miracles_ it teaches to achieve forgiveness by changing your perception.

And it works: one day I changed my perception about an ongoing situation with a close relative, and
Maggie
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
keep your critical reading skills close at hand and you should be okay with this book. there are some decent suggestions in this book; however, what was most impressive to me is how so many premises can be "off the wall" yet he can end up with some respectable suggestions. an odd combination, imo. so caution while reading this book. yes. but in the search for forgiveness techniques a reader could still glean some reliable ideas herein. i am most appreciative of the way he connects "the voice" wi ...more
Dorcas Wood
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book definitely lives up to its title! I experienced a transformational miracle. I was completely transformed from a victim mentality to a woman with a strong self-esteem. The truth in this book freed me to pursue my divine purpose in life and I've used its lessons to coach others into freedom. I wish everyone I know could read this book.
MarrLa
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book allowed me to grieve, heal, surrender, find acceptance, and finally forget about the past hurts, aches, and pains. I found myself stuck in a new relationship because I refused to surrender and find acceptance with things that transpired within my life. This book makes sense if you truly want to grow within and outside of yourself.
Lisa
May 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have
This book has helped me tremendously. It offers amazing tools to release pent up anger and regret in the best of us. The work just needs to be done. I know this has helped me release tons of anger that was building since birth, probably before birth. It is like a kick in the pants, a light bulb going off, it will work for you when the time is right. love, peace and forgiveness.
Ann
Dec 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual, psychology
I really loved this book and would highly recommend it to everyone. The first chapter was the best. The last several chapters that walks you thru the process step by step was a bit arduous for my liking. I pretty much got the concert right way.
Tammy
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing and to the point. If you are truly interested in letting go of the past and forgiving others, then this is a book to read. It is part of waking up to see who we really are so that we can change, grow, and let go.
Diane
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Walking one through the steps of divine forgiveness, allowing one to drop a victim mentality by understand the divineness of spiritual growth throughout life.
Cassandra Cantrell
If you were given the choice to read only one book, make it this one.
Jennifer Beukeboom
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this book! It's about more than just forgiveness. It's a whole different way of looking at relationships, yourself, life and the Universe. I wish I could give it 10 out of 5!
Christine Calabrese
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'll admit this book has given me pause... I think I'll give it a try... Gotta be better then harboring all the old baggage of past wounds & injustices.
Mary
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
I'm torn as to the number of stars I want to give this book. It is an absolutely outstanding book except for chapter 22 a wake for your inner child. I think that that is the worst suggestion anyone could ever make to a person that's been abused and is having trouble forgiving their abuser. The lack of safety of an inner child was what caused the trauma in the first place. For you to, as the author suggests, kill your inner child is the worst possible thing you could do. I think it's a good point ...more
Maria Peth
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love, love this concept of letting go of anger and blame. Colin Tipping offers real life strategies for some of life's biggest emotional struggles. An excellent reference book to support healing in relationships and finding personal peace.
Nadine Wildfjord
this is a must read
Maciej Bak
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: duchowość
Great book, definitely I will do those exercices.
Tigran Mamikonian
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eo-forum-1
This book was recommended by my friend from EO Russia (eorussia.ru) during one of our monthly forum meetings earlier in 2016.
The topic of forgiveness seemed really important to me and I put this book into my bookshelf for summer reading.

Author reveals the theory in a very structured way with illustrative examples. The topic itself has a lot of spiritual in it and is not similar to any motivational or life coaching/motivating stuff I read before… Author designed the frame of Radical Forgiveness m
Elizabeth
pp to copy: 36, 136, 140, 151, 180-83, 195-98, 212-13, 217-238, 248-251,

www.radicalforgiveness.com for worksheet from downloads.

from the library
2002 praised by Caroline Myss, John Bradshaw, C Norman Shealy
www.radicalforgiveness.com
This book has plenty of explanations but it is more like a textbook with illustrations and a worksheet. Uses a chakra system explanation of energy.
Ch 1 Jill'a story. Jill is taking second place to her husband John's newly found daughter. She is angry and envious of hi
Joanne
Jun 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Joanne by: Bi-Aura book list
Half way through this book. Really enjoying it. Pulls together energetic/emotional health with a practical approach to applying it in your own life. 'Everything for a reason' has always been a favourite saying of mine, and this book is a really good example of how and why. A quote that reminds me of Natural Dog Training (and Bi-Aura), although this book is not about dogs..."Quantum physicists have actually proven that emotions condense as energy particles, that, if not expressed as emotion, beco ...more
Pierced Librarian
I seem to return to Colin Tipping's book at random times. Sometimes it makes me cranky in it's simplicity, other times it is just a wonderful balm to a tricky situation.

If nothing else, it is an attentive way to bring awareness to places and people that are emotionally bottle necking you. The activities do not allow you to remain in a emotional riptide (being swept away by your emotions) nor do they create any space to have pissy parties where you just dwell and re-hash and re-live every situati
  • Creating Money: Keys to Abundance
  • The Power of Receiving: A Revolutionary Approach to Giving Yourself the Life You Want and Deserve
  • Getting in the Gap
  • Five Wishes: How Answering One Simple Question Can Make Your Dreams Come True
  • This Thing Called You
  • Thank You Power: Making the Science of Gratitude Work for You
  • After This: When Life Is Over, Where Do We Go?
  • Leveraging the Universe: 7 Steps to Engaging Life's Magic (Abridged)
  • Take Me to Truth: Undoing the Ego
  • The First 30 Days: Your Guide to Any Change (and Loving Your Life More)
  • Co-Active Coaching: New Skills for Coaching People Toward Success in Work and, Life
  • Enchanted Love: The Mystical Power Of Intimate Relationships
  • Overcoming Underearning: A Five-Step Plan to a Richer Life
  • The Ultimate pH Solution: Balance Your Body Chemistry to Prevent Disease and Lose Weight
  • Momfulness: Mothering with Mindfulness, Compassion, and Grace
  • Advanced Energy Anatomy: The Science of Co-Creation and Your Power of Choice
  • Composing a Further Life: The Age of Active Wisdom
  • Your Immortal Reality: How to Break the Cycle of Birth and Death

“Looked at from a spiritual standpoint, our discomfort in any given situation provides a signal that we are out of alignment with spiritual law and are being given an opportunity to heal something.” 1 likes
“Therefore, the more we use Radical Forgiveness, the more the ego fights back and tries to seduce us into remaining addicted to the victim archetype. One way it accomplishes this task is by using our own tools of spiritual growth. A good example of this is found in the ego’s use of “inner child work” to keep us stuck in victimhood.” 1 likes