Start by marking “I Used to Miss Him...But My Aim is Improving” as Want to Read:
I Used to Miss Him...But My Aim is Improving

I Used to Miss Him...But My Aim is Improving

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  113 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Not all men are bastards. Rumor has it, there is at least one out there who isn't. If we all band together, maybe we can find him and live happily ever after in a household filled with Belgian chocolates, expensive shoes, and designer handbags. Until then, we're certain to fall in and out of love with a few bad seeds, and we'll need the proper ammunition to handle them whe ...more
Published May 2nd 2004 by Adams Media Corporation (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about I Used to Miss Him...But My Aim is Improving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Used to Miss Him...But My Aim is Improving

Apr 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book just rocks. I came across it at a second hand store while getting over a tough break-up with a co-worker. I really felt like whoever had dropped this book off had passed me on wisdom I will carry for my whole life!

This book helped me understand him, helped me to understand me and most of all helped me to actually move on and see the humour in the situation!

Just a great book that leaves you feeling fab after reading with great and truthful insights on relationships
KimPossible (My superpower is reading!)
Funny book for those who have broken up with someone. The tone is light-hearted, but it reminds you that life goes on and it is something we all go through at one point or another. This is a fun gift for someone going through a recent break up.
Feb 25, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty practical and had some fun quirky quotes and information but I found myself skipping around a lot. Having already ready "Exorcising Your Ex" I would definitely have chosen that book over this one as far as the "i can't put it down" craving.
Casey Emerson
Jun 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally hilarious! A book of break-up survival techniques written by a woman who has perfected break up paybacks. Slightly twisted but overall harmless. I literally laughed my way through the book : )
Nov 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So funny! When going through this past breakup I needed the comic relief that this book provided. I couldn't put it down. Everytime I thought of him or was sad I picked this book up and read a few pages and instantly felt better.
May 14, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty vindictive. Yes it had some good advice here and there, but maybe I'm just at a better place...this book was kind of forcefully MEAN. Not my favorite. But still an easy read. Can't believe I actually finished it. Haha.
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After my Husband left his sister felt I needed a self help book.....this book made me laugh when there was not much laughter in my life....I recommend it.
Nov 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun read
Jul 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny read with a positive, upbeat message.
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tongue in cheek thoughts on boundaries and directing one's own life passions, with a dose of snark.
Dec 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sep 24, 2014
Apr 09, 2010
Aug 30, 2011
Sally Ferretti
rated it did not like it
Mar 27, 2014
Jul 01, 2016
Sep 06, 2009
Valerie Comeaux
Jul 01, 2011
May 17, 2007
Oct 11, 2014
This book is very useful. Helped me through some bad breakups.
Sep 13, 2011
Jul 18, 2012
Jun 09, 2017
Dec 17, 2011
Jul 27, 2011
Jun 03, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days: A Day-by-Day Guide to Saying Good-bye and Getting On With Your Life
  • How to Tell if Your Boyfriend Is the Antichrist
  • Don't Call That Man!: A Survival Guide to Letting Go
  • How to Fall out of Love: How to Free Yourself of Love That Hurts--and Find the Love That Heals...
  • Mastering Public Speaking
  • How To Draw Manga
  • Men Who Can't Love: How to Recognize a Commitment Phobic Man Before He Breaks Your Heart
  • Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends (Rebuilding Books; For Divorce and Beyond)
  • Deal Breakers: When to Work on a Relationship and When to Walk Away
  • The Journey from Abandonment to Healing: Turn the End of a Relationship into the Beginning of a New Life
  • Goodbye to Shy: 85 Shybusters That Work!
  • If We Ever Break Up, This Is My Book

$11.49 $1.99
  • Evangelii Gaudium: The Joy of the Gospel
  • The Heart of Christianity
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence
    $13.99 $3.99