Start by marking “One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)” as Want to Read:
One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)

One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (The MacLerie Clan #4.5)

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  134 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Christmas Wedding Wish by Julia Justiss

Disenchanted with empty-headed society debutantes, dashing gentleman Allen Mansfell decides that, if he must marry, he will choose a lady whose mind and heart he'll have to win over - a lady like Miss Meredyth Wellingford. But for Merry, finding true love will take a miracle....

The Rake's Secret Son by Annie Burrows

Before Carleton Til

ebook, Harlequin Historical #919, 288 pages
Published November 2008 by Harlequin (first published October 23rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5)

Harlequin Historical
Loved this one!

All three stories were great reads. Definitely a keeper.
Desirée
Leído en julio 2010

solo el de Julia Justiss
Deseos Navideños

RESUMEN: El apuesto caballero Allen Mansfell, desencantado con las debutantes cabeza de chorlito de la sociedad, decide que si debe casarse, elegirá a una dama cuya mente y corazón tenga que ganarse… una dama como la señorita Meredyth Wellingford. Pero para Merry, encontrar el amor verdadero requerirá un milagro…
Maura
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Note: I only read part of the anthology. So my review is just on Annie Burrows' "The Rake's Secret Son"

I picked up this novella because someone in the HR forum was looking for a book with this similar premise. Now I love secret babies and misunderstandings, separation and all that. So when this one popped up I know I had to read it. And I've been going through novellas recently so I thought why not.

Umm........

Here's the thing I think the title is a little misleading, yes the rake has a secret s
Angela Smith
A lovely trio of Christmas Regency stories, each one enchanting in its own right.

The first story called "Christmas Wedding Wish." by Julia Justiss Is about a young woman who at twenty-seven feels she is firmly an old maid. Having more or less given up on love and resigned herself as a favourite aunt to her many nieces and nephews, enter Allen Mansfell, the older brother of one of her younger brother's friends. He, at twenty-five is a couple of years younger than Miss Meredyth Wellingford but th
Lady Day
Oh my!

How evildoings of others can destroy a person.

This review focuses on The Rake's Secret Son; the second novella within the anthology, One Candlelit Christmas. A symbolic story of Joseph and Mary of Nazareth. Also, it deals with the subject matter of childhood bullying. A delightful Christmas story resonating with honor and ridicule told on a different scale.

Although I do not believe in writing reviews loaded with facts, a brief synopsis of the back storyline is necessary. In this historica
Victoria Conlan
Jul 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well. This is probably rather a biased review, as I do not think I was the intended audience. I have to admit, I picked this up by accident, not realising it was a Mills&Boon; I am no longer a Mills&Boon virgin! So I guess my reviewing this is a little like someone judging a cake competition then announcing that they don't like chocolate cake.
However ..
I picked it up because I was bored, the cover looked .. unexceptionable. And it compared one of the authors to Georgette Heyer. Seriously
BooksAmL
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This book contains 3 nice love story on the taste of any girl/women will read, because each has a different plot and a different love story, but all with a nice choice of characters and choice of words how to tell each story. Each story is written by a different author and trust me the stories could not be in a better harmony together.
Am giving the book only 4 start because i did not like the second story as much i enjoyed the other especially "Blame It On The Mistletoe" love the story line an
Teresa Griffis
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice collection of regency Christmas romance short stories. Though short, each fulfilled what I like. In all the stories, the love interests knew each other for a long time, so didn't need the details of how they came to be together at this Christmas time. I especially liked "The Rake's Secret Son", though I don't like that title for the story. Young Harry, son of Nell, has always been talked about because his father is not known. When he attends Sunday school and hears how Joseph took care of ...more
Rosemary
Three sweet, uncomplicated Christmas romances. True history aficionados will be disappointed with some of the social errors, but romance readers will be comfortable. The second of the three, "The Rake's Secret Son," by Annie Burrows, has both the biggest loopholes and the most original story line. I liked it the best of the three, despite its problems.
Diane Peterson
I only read Blame It on the Mistletoe by Terri Brisbin. It was a very nice novella that dealt with some family and health issues. Surprisingly, I found myself getting a little choked with emotion before the story ended. Nice work for a novella. Very pleasant and sweet.
Carole
Judy
Aug 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas Wedding Wish by Julia Justiss. 8/9/10
The Rake's Secret Son by Annie Burrows 8/10/10
Blame it on the Mistletoe by Terry Brisbin

All 3 stories were excellent.
Gemma
Dec 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed Annie Burrows' THE RAKE'S SECRET SON, a nice story of an estranged couple finding forgiveness and a future together.

Reread December 2012.
Mary Craven
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved all three stories. What I also love are these Holiday anthologies that allow me to read new authors... well, new to me at least. Now reading Terri Brisbin's The Earl's Secret.
Suzanne
Carol Kerry-green
Three pleasant Christmas romance stories, of the three, I preferred the last one Blame it on the Mistletoe by Terri Brisbin. A good read.
Debbie Zappen
Jan 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romances
Surprisingly hot Regency Christmas romances
Cherie
Read this before I joined Goodreads. Will post a real review next time I read it.
rameau
Christmas Wedding Wish: 2 stars.

The Rake's Secret Son: 1 star.

Blame It On The Mistletoe: 3 stars.
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder
Rebecca (everyday reader)
I enjoyed these three sweet Christmas stories. They are all old-fashioned/historical tales. A child, and a baby, a wedding, and a new relationship from an old love. Great, heart-warming read!!
Fran Alsaud

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • A Regency Christmas: Scarlet Ribbons / Christmas Promise / A Little Christmas
  • Red Hot Santa
  • A Regency Christmas Carol
  • The Brides of Christmas (Includes Warrior, #11; de Burgh, #3.5)
  • The Christmas Visit (Wednesday League #3.5 )
  • Christmas Revels
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • A Regency Holiday
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
  • Gift-Wrapped Governess: Christmas at Blackhaven Castle / Governess to Christmas Bride / Duchess by Christmas
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Duke
  • Christmas in Duke Street
  • A Christmas Ball (Includes: Nvengaria, #4)
  • A Regency Christmas V
  • The Christmas Countess
  • Christmas Getaway
  • The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1)
Julia Justiss grew up breathing the scent of sea air near the colonial town of Annapolis, Maryland, a fact responsible for two of her life-long passions: sailors and history! By age twelve she was a junior tour guide for Historic Annapolis, conducting visitors on walking tours through the city that was a hotbed of revolutionary fervor. (Annapolis hosted its own tea party, dispensing with the cargo ...more
More about Julia Justiss...

The MacLerie Clan (8 books)
  • Taming the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #1)
  • Surrender to the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #2)
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
  • The Earl's Secret (The MacLerie Clan #4)
  • The Highlander's Stolen Touch (The MacLerie Clan #5)
  • At the Highlander's Mercy (The MacLerie Clan, #6)
  • The Highlander's Dangerous Temptation (The MacLerie Clan #7)
  • Yield to the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #8)