Start by marking “One Night That Changes Everything (One Night That Changes Everything, #1)” as Want to Read:
One Night That Changes Everything (One Night That Changes Everything, #1)

One Night That Changes Everything

(One Night That Changes Everything #1)

Eliza is in a full-blown panic. Her notebook has been stolen—the one that lists everything she wants but is afraid to go after. And the absolute worst person in the world has it: her ex-boyfriend, Cooper.

Like it’s not enough Cooper was lying to Eliza for their entire relationship, now he and his friends are blackmailing her. They’re giving her just one night to complete th
Published July 6th 2010 by Simon Pulse

Morgan F
This was possibly one of the worst books I have ever read. I despised everything about it. The dumb-ass title. The dumb-ass cover. The dumb-ass characters. And especially the dumb-ass writing. I tend to cuss and rant when I hate a book, so if you are of delicate sensibilities or loved this book, I would advise against reading any further.

I hate the main character so freakin' much. Eliza (I forgot her name already, so I had to look it up) was on my characters-i-wanna-shoot shelf before I even fi
Princess Bookie
Nov 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read2010
My Thoughts: We are introduced to Eliza, Eliza's friends, Eliza's ex Cooper, Cooper's so called friends. I want to say that I liked Eliza. I even liked Cooper, even though he was supposedly a jerk. I didn't like Cooper's friends (well duh) and I thought Eliza's friends were annoying. First off, I want to point out that they left her throughout the book and if they were "real" friends they would have stuck by her through everything and not run off with the first guy they laid eyes upon.

Eliza's no
Hussain Hamadi
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
مراجعة كتاب ( One night that changes everything )📕
اسم الكتاب: one night that changes everything
اسم الكاتب: Lauren Barnholdt
عدد صفحات الكتاب : 242 صفحة
نوع الكتاب : رواية
📌 ملخص الكتاب:-
الأسرار!! من منا ليس لديه اسرار؟! أين يحتفظ بها؟! وماذا يحدث لو اجبرت على ان تقوم بكشفها؟!
“تدور احداث الرواية عن فتاة تدعى Eliza وهي فتاة دائمة فقد الأشياء !! ولكن هذه المرة فقد شيئا مهما وهو ( The purple note book) الذي تحتفظ بداخله على اسرارها والتي تعود لفترة طويلة.. ولكن ليست الأسرار عنها فقط وإنما عن
Capillya
Jul 07, 2010 rated it did not like it
After reading Barnholdt's Two-way Street, I was excited to read One Night. It's about a girl who has her notebook stolen -- a notebook containing all of her "emotional fears" (her words, not mine). Some of these fears are admittedly shallow, but some, not so much. Her ex-boyfriend Cooper has done Something Horrible, which is part of the reason she's in this mess. She's blackmailed into acting out these fears, and shenanigans ensue.

In Two-way Street, Barnholdt had served up some pretty solid char
~Tina~
Jun 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
(4.5stars)

What a fun story!

This is a story about Eliza who loses everything, but this time she lost something that could ruin her. Her notebook. The notebook that she's written in for years that contain some of her biggest fears amongst other things. Only she didn't lose it. It was stolen by her ex-boyfriend, Cooper.
Now Eliza has to do a string of task that are listed in her book to get it back or it will be plastered on the internet.
Not good.

One Night That Changed Everything is a really fun and
Reading Vacation
Mar 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW

One Night That Changes Everything could be called One Book That Does Everything Right. This little story about Eliza and her missing notebook is unique, fun, and full of surprises.

Eliza keeps a notebook that lists all the things she is afraid of doing, but plans to someday do. It’s sort of like a bucket list, but they are all things she is TERRIFIED of doing. Well, when her ex’s “friends” steal Eliza’s notebook, they make her do some of the things on her list. Can you even imagine!?! It’s
Jay G
Apr 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfer...

1.5 Stars

Eliza has a secret notebook where she keeps a list of all the things she's afraid of doing. When she discovers its missing, she instantly goes into a panic trying to find it. She gets a phone call from her ex-boyfriend Cooper and that's when things get interesting. He has her notebook... and he and his friends wants her to perform multiple tasks from her list in order to get i
♥ Sarah
Dec 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
I really, truly, honestly - DESPISED the message of this book.

I really do like Barnholdt; she has a special talent for writing entertaining books... Somehow, her books never feel outdated. Her "lingo" or slang, or whatever pop culture references she incorporates are always spot on. She's so cool, and knows how to work readers into a comfort frenzy. Somehow, by the 2nd sentence - you know you're gonna be on the main character's side - rooting for her. She's your girl. You might even feel like YO
Sakinah
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
the Narretor was awoesome.
I enjoyed every incedant happend.
However, I hopped there would be more at the end of the story especially about the ending
it was't enough for me
But in general it is a fast reading book ^^
Kristy
Nov 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books I thought would be way to young/cutesy for my tastes, but after finishing it it turns out I really did enjoy it. I am giving it 4 stars based on it's genre; so no it does not compare to some of my other 4 star books, but in it's own setting it kicked some tail!

Eliza has this notebook that she writes down all the things (pretty much socially) that she is too scared to do, she has kept this notebook for 5 years. It is missing. Connor, her ex-boyfriends little club, the 3
Jessica
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*4,5
Katie
Nov 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, own
Lauren Barnholdt has done it again. She has written a cute, fun, quick read that I adored. One Night That Changes Everything is the perfect book for chick lit lovers everywhere. It was so good I stayed up until 3 in the morning to finish it.

Eliza loses everything. Whenever she needs something, she can't find it. That's why she isn't too worried that she can't find her purple notebook. That is, until she gets a phone call from her ex, Cooper, saying that he has it and in order to get it back she
• s t a r k i s s e d ☆
Ari
Sep 23, 2010 marked it as to-read
Shelves: x
I loved 'Two-Way Street', so I hope to like this one too :)

Image source
Jami
Dec 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
Mari
Dec 16, 2010 rated it it was ok
I've had this book for a while but I was reluctant to read it because one of my GR friends whose reviews I absolutely love thought it was crap. But the other night I felt like reading something light, saw my copy of this book and thought I'd give it a go.

One Night That Changes Everything is about Eliza who was set up for a series of potentially humiliating tasks by a group of mean guys from her school, a group which happens to include her ex-boyfriend Cooper who she may still have feelings for.
A
Dec 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
A decent plot, but so much ore could've bee done with it the Protagonist- eliza was an idiot and whenever she made a mistake she'd blame it on cooper or she was just angry. Her friends ditched her for boys all night and cooper the only decent person was cooper. clarice didnt realise what she was, (a tease) only the other girl(i say other girl as i dont remember her name) actually made a discovery about her self- marissa thats it!

An ok (or less) book that was funny because of the idiocy i would s
Reut
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! YAY FOR LAUREN BARNHOLDT!!

This was probably one of the most entertaining reads I have read all year. It was fun, imaginative, and basically the Holy Grail of YA chick-lit. (By the way, because I only knew about the book what I read on the inside flap, and I realized that the summary from Goodreads gives away pretty much the whole plot, I edited it a bit.)

So: THIS. WAS. AWESOME.

I haven't read a book that takes place during one night since Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, a
Svic
Jul 02, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: soha-t-bb
Rettenet. Gyerek kezébe ne kerüljön. Többet vártam a Mórától...
Brenda
Aug 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: so-plain, dead-boring
description

"Sometimes a gif worth a million words" - me (?
Alanoud R
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
It was okay ...
Camille
Mar 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
If I'm being 100% honest, I really wanted to like this book. I had really high hopes about the plot (it seemed intriguing) and I had heard great things about the author, but it was honestly really hard to not want to hit the main character over the head with some common sense.

The story begins with the main character, Eliza, having her top secret notebook full of her deep fears and desires, stolen by her ex-boyfriend and his friends who want revenge. Throughout the story, she's blackmailed by hi
Xenia
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
”And then I get it. The 318s have somehow decided to make me do the things that are in my notebook. All the things I’m afraid of. The things I’ve been writing since the seventh grade. And if I don’t, they’re going to post the notebook online, and everyone at school, no, everyone with an Internet connection, will know all my secrets. For a second, it feels like my throat swallows up my heart, and my breath catches in my chest. There’s only one thing left to do. I put my head in my hands and star
Nancy Garcia
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Everything Changes With a Book

Reading has never been one of my favorite things, until I had One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt on my hands. It is filled with adventure, excitement, and drama, which makes it a perfect story!

One Night That Changes Everything is about Eliza. Eliza is a girl who never likes to get out of her comfort zone. She has lost something that no one can find out about. Her notebook. This notebook isn’t any ordinary notebook. It is very special and has thi
Jess F. (From Me to You ... Book Reviews)
"3.5 out of 5 stars!! It's a sweet book about a girl who feels she has lost her most prized possession, just to have to turn up into the "enemy's" hands. So, she goes out of her way to do what they say to get it back. But just when ...."

Read more of this review and a TEASER here: https://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/07/made-grade-one-night-that-changes.html
Milana Waller
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
(1.5)practically everything about this book vexing, aggravating, annoying, irking, and just downright stupid. the chracters, the writing, the POV. I will give the plot soooome credit buttttttt I must say, the plot wasn’t even really exhibited . Like , four dares? reallllyyy!? not to mention the fact that they were all lame and uneventful . The book wasn’t necessarily boring but I zoned out a little and didn’t care at all about anything I read whatsoever. I dunno what’s going on with Barnholdt be ...more
Emily LaFree
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It’s missing. Eliza’s notebook is missing. Her notebook has been stolen by none other than her ex-boyfriend, Cooper and his friends. The notebook isn’t like any other notebook. This notebook lists different things Eliza wants but is too intimidated to go after. Cooper and his friends have given Eliza just one night to complete the most humiliating tasks in her notebook. If Eliza refuses to complete any one of the tasks her notebook will be posted online for everyone to see. Eliza is not sure of ...more
Blackheart
Jan 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: y-a
this book should banned. what message can a book like that send to young girls? let high-school boy-jerks bitch you around, pulling your strings like a damn puppet? and for what? some pathetic unimportant stuff you wrote in a notebook? pff. or maybe author aimed fot this story to seem adventurous? well, she obviously failed.
Emily Gilbow
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a book I read in eighth grade and I loved it; now after re-reading the entire thing in an hour, it's not me anymore. But it reminds me of a different me, a younger me, one who thought she knew a lot, but boy she couldn't have been more clueless. Nostalgia tastes interesting folks, and its sweetness is probably what made me give it a 3/5. Cheers to a younger time.
Tina
Nov 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
I didn’t enjoy this book. I felt Rebecca was grossly unfair to Ben so much so I hoped he would wake up and decide to move on from her. By the end, I didn’t even care. Be together. Don’t be together. Just move on.
  • Rhymes with Cupid
  • So Over You
  • Crash Test Love
  • Boys, Girls and Other Hazardous Materials
  • The Ex Games
  • Second Kiss (Second Kiss, #1)
  • For Keeps
  • Drive Me Crazy
  • Not That Kind of Girl
  • The Unwritten Rule
  • Winter Longing
  • Swoon at Your Own Risk
  • Take Me There
  • Ex-mas
“Eliza: The problem with YOU is that you don't take the RESPONSIBILITY for anything@ You think you can just run around, doing whatever you want to whoever you want, and that it's going to be fine. That everything is just going to be TAKE CARE of for you, with no consequences.

Cooper: No. I don't, and I have had consequences from what happened with me and you.

Eliza: Yeah? Like what?

Cooper: I lost you, that was my consequence.”
114 likes
“An asshole who sometimes pretends to be nice totally has the ability to suck you back in, making you think that you had him all wrong.” 47 likes